Select a New Section:

Comments

Satan's Cesspool : Planet Phoenix - 9/6/2016
If you are even considering or thinking about moving to Phoenix or anywhere in the surrounding areas, think twice before you make the most deadly and serious mistake of your life. Forget what a lot of natives say and those who have lost their minds saying how wonderful it is. If you dig deep enough and search the right terms (try popping into Google "Arizona Hell", "Arizona Hell Hole", etc), you will find the truth.

I only with the vast knowledge of the internet was available in the time I was conned into moving out here as it could have saved my life, so in turn, i'm trying to now save anyone else from becoming another unfortunate statistic in this hell hole death trap!

Won't go into the obvious that's been stated already by another victim here (that was lucky enough to escape with his family thank god), but will more or less add a few things that he forgot to mention.

First off, if you're not working for some big corporation or own your own business already prior to getting sucked into this hell hole...get ready to be either homeless or just making enough to where you can hardly afford to eat, pay bills and rent...and sometimes, you may have to go hungry just to keep a roof over your head!

Not to mention regardless of your skills, degrees, trade, etc...you will be working near minimum wage jobs as if you were in High School or if you were brainless and had no skills or trades. Telemarketing, being a stock boy (or girl) and cashier at a grocery store are about the only jobs you will get. I won't say what I used to do or what I should be doing if I was on Earth, but let's just say my trade that has been stripped from me made close to 6 figures.

I'm now broke, a half step away from being homeless, have many health issues thanks to the pollution, bad air in general, constant 105 - 115 degree heat with no moisture and serious every day allergies that meds won't even combat (side note - I NEVER EVER EVER had allergies all my life!!).

NEWSFLASH : If you're single and on your own, guess what? Unless you got a helping hand from well off family or friends to fund an out of state move, you will NEVER EVER get out! Reason why? You'll never make enough cash TO be able to get out!

Now let me mention a few more things that were humorously touched on in the other posting from 3 yrs ago, but just to back those things up in my own words....the people here are 95% shit as the place itself. You have 4 types and they go as follows :

1.The snotty rich and fake snotty rich/well off snobs that think they're better than you and can walk all over you just because they got rich from inheritance.

2.The natives who are snobby as it is, even if they're poor. They have the "im better than you" attitude regardless and stick in little cliques like a pack of 16 year old school kids.

3.The degenerate thugs/druggies/dealers. These all fall in the same class and these are the majority of what you will run into and live by if you're not rich. These types even over run the middle class average "joe" neighborhoods eventually. Arizona is the meth capitol of the US folks.

4.The unfortunates who have made the mistake of coming here from Earth and getting trapped here, desperately looking for an escape rout to save their lives.

So that's the people....the last thing I will mention before signing off here, is on this planet, when you get bit by something, you will always wonder if your life will be over within the next several hours or not. That is if you don't know already that you've been stung/attacked by the deadliest Scorpion in the US or bit by a black widow.

I could write a whole novel about this hell hole, but, nothing I would say hasn't already been said by others a zillion times. So, bottom line, DO NOT COME HERE if you value your life, health and mental well being. I hope myself to find that escape rout someday soon! Over and out.

It's Unique...Not in a good way! - 8/11/2016
Thought I'd give you my opinion from somebody that moved from Upstate NY to Phoenix....I REGRET IT! The summers here are so hot that it's not even bearable to be outside from May to September. People here drive like jerks and idiots. The highways are a combination of retirees doing 55 and jerks in their pick ups doing 90...Speaking of jerks...lots of them around here...the gun toting, large truck driving, monster energy drink or NRA decal rocking "'Merican" types. The worst part for me is that everything here looks the same as far as neighborhoods and architecture. Beige, stucco everything. The streets here are basically set up in a grid system (north, south and east, west). Its literally strip mall....Gas station....Housing Tract...The redundancy and lack of uniqueness is mind numbing. If you blindfolded someone and dropped them off in a random area they would have no idea where they were if not for a street sign...Even the nice parts of town have shady run down areas sprinkled throughout. Many people here are sketchy, standoffish and rather ignorant...I hate it here. Cant wait to move.

LOVE IT!! - 6/21/2016
Phoenix is an AMAZING place to be! It literally has everything to offer. I have lived in 10 states in each corner of the U.S.A and I must say.. this has impressed me the most! It does not have the historical value that my home town of Boston has, however, in my opinion, the diversity and on going changing culture makes up for that. Another thing, LOCATION!! You can have any weather you want in 2 hours or less! I tend to want snow at Christmas, so I head to Flagstaff for a long weekend to get my fill then happily drive back to the valley where an absolute perfect day of cool weather and no snow awaits me :)

If you are open minded, enjoy people, appreciate diversity and genuinely are a decent person.. you will enjoy the Phoenix area.

No where is perfect.. but what is perfect!?? It is what you want it to be.. and with that said I will make the bold statement that "Phoenix, AZ is perfect for me"!

Pro sports, fishing, hiking, music venues everywhere, good eats (although, I will say, I miss the beach and fresh seafood sometimes, but wait, I can go to Cali which is a 4.5 hour drive!!), close enough to get away for a short trip when you require different scenery.. so many options! Phoenix.. I LOVE YOU!! Says the Bostonian :)

Considering retiring in Prescott, but have questio - 5/21/2016
I'm considering retiring in Prescott. This may sound strange, but the most important quality is hiking. Is there a Prescott hike similar to Camelback in Phoenix, with 1200 feet in elevation increase? Does a trail lead to summit of Thumb Butte? What is the elevation increase? Are there truly 277 sunny days per year? My email is bpermenter2002@yahoo.com

Climate in Phoenix - 3/1/2016
The weather is unbearable in the summer, but the Winter and Spring make up for it, with beautiful weather!

Looking to move to peoria, mesa. gilbert, chandler - 1/26/2016
Where should a single straight guy who loves woman, outside activities, peace and quiet, good neighborhoods, malls, shopping, shooting, desert fun, exploreing, four wheeling, and let me again mention WOMAN, LIVE???????? Im 50yrs old most people think I look late 30s 40, will be retireing early after 16yrs from civil service, DONE WITH NEW YORK! Am tired of all the BS. I was in AZ yrs ago and loved it so when I do retire I will go into the trucking business so if someone can reach out to me and give me alittle advice I would sure appreciate it.

Phoenix, Arizona Sucks!!!! - 1/14/2016
I lived in Phoenix, AZ for three years before relocating to Cali. Phoenix is the most ignorant, the more immature, the most arrogant, and the most racist city (that's very sad for me) I have ever lived in my entire life (I lived in three other cities: Atlanta, GA, Burlington, VT, and Brooklyn, New York, where I was born and raised). Phoenix is literally 30 years behind New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, and Boston. If you are an urbanite like me, we are all trying to better ourselves in this ugly life in whatever way possible. Living in Phoenix was like living on Sesame Street-full of two-faced people and childish haters and clown-ass wannabees. They go absolutely no culture, no flavor there. NO ONE GOES OUT HERE!!! Ex: Anytime I see the construction of the new light rail station and there is a celebration without the light rail running until four months after of the celebration (???). I knew some thing wasn't right. Don't get me wrong: Phoenix is very affordable. One can live like Donald Trump here but I couldn't stay in that city another brutal hot summer and have what they say, "cabin fever." Easy living is sometimes NOT the best living (and the same goes for ATL which is very similar and not that far behind PHX). Normally I don't go out of my way to say stuff like this because I've reserved. To be fair, if you're not going to college, pursue a trade, or retired with money, don't move to phoenix. Phoenix has a lot of resources, yet there are way too many miserable, soulless losers there.

Hot Hot Hot - 10/15/2015
I feel PHX summers are way too hot, patiently awaiting cooler temps!

Is Phoenix worth moving to. Heard so many horrific - 10/4/2015
I live in New York and I am thinking of moving to Sun City Grand in Surprise.
It is absolutely beautiful.
The home I am thinking of renting is super nice and only $975 per month.
I heard some of the worth comments about life in Phoenix.
So many have moved.
Most say it is very hard to find work.
Many say the peoole are unfriendly, ultra conservative, very republican, judgemental, and SOULESS.
If this is true, then I do not want to be apart of this place.

I would appreciate hearing from people who have relocated to Phoenix.
Thanks

Hospitals in Maricopa County - 9/15/2015
Currently, the Banner is system is buying many if not most of the hospitals in the area. The once monopoly of the Samaritan Health Systems have been replaced with the inflated Banner system: Good Samaritan > Banner Good Sam > Banner Univeristy. Thunderbird Samaritan > Banner Thunderbird. Boswell Hospital > Banner Boswell Campus. To keep up Scottsdale Health Care and John C Lincoln have teamed up to be Honor Health! I can't say the care has changed by these unions; suffice it to say, we still need to be congnizant about our health care and take a proactive approach when being cared for in the hospital/Emergency Room.

And then there's Phoenix Children's Hospital and St. Joseph's Barrow Neurological Institute... the world renowned for their specialties. Personally, I appreciate Phoenix Children's as my sons went there. Only one unpleasant experience with a nurse in the Recovery Room. Otherwise, they have my 95% vote and the food in the cafeteria is top notch, like a 5 star!

Winter in Chicago compare to winter in Phoenix - 2/8/2015
It's 34 degrees here and we still shoveling snow compared to 80 degrees in Phoenix. I've lived in Chicago almost all my life(59yrs) and the winter aren't getting any better. I'm planning on moving to the Phoenix area in a few years when I retire.

HOT, TOO HOT - 10/28/2014
I had an unfortunate life changing event in 1998. I moved to Phoenix. The heat is oppressive, whether it is labelled as 'dry heat'...whatever...native Phoenixites (?)claim you can fry an egg on the sidewalk, yes, very probable. Then there is the disturbing issue of high, high crime rate, both property and violent type, huge amt of drug trafficking and use, #1 in car theft, #1 in identity theft, #1 in teen pregnancy, #1 in high school dropouts, #46 in quality of education k-12, corrupt police force, anti-Constitutional law (as in human rights) since the legislature has forgotten what our founding fathers wrote in the Declaration of Independence since our good ol' boy sheriff has their support, and has been affectionately named "America's Toughest Sheriff" but in terms of curbing the repeat offender percentages, forget about it. Then the Hispanic American profiling that is rampant, which by the way, the Federal Govt is trying to soften the blow by chastising the local powers that be...to no avail as of yet. So if you wish to live in a colorless desert, with high prices, big traffic, slow road construction, corrupt, bankrupt govt, mindless, uneducated populace that can do ONE thing exceptionally well (have lots of babies) then Phoenix is your kind of place. Bring eggs!

Venting! - 10/20/2014
6 months! Cannot Wait! Just got home. Pulling out of a parking lot and someone pulled around another vehicle down the street. He was doing about 70 in a 40. Flipped me off like him almost hitting me had nothing to do with his speed. Had a sleeveless, beat up trashy t shirt on. Typical Phoenician.
Aggressive, sense of entitlement, trashy, ignorant, snobby. Success is defined by how much you make or how much you think you will make. Even the ones that don't make money behave like they do. Thats this culture too. Commercialism, job titles and acting the part. Thats all this town is about. Even the ones who do make some money don't make enough to justify their behavior. People do a lot of things here, but they don't do them to enjoy them or because they have a passion for them. They do things for bragging rights. I went scuba diving, I went to California, I went to a club last night, I...I...I. I've witnessed this this all my life here and thats why I'm leaving.
My brother took his kids to another state about 10 years ago. What a turn around in their behavior! No way am I telling anyone which one. First of all it would get nit picked. Second, If I would not want to anyone to make the place more crowded. They have such a sense of spirit now, that most don't have in Arizona.

I've never seen such an empty, dead place of all the places I've been.

Damn near everyone is divorced or married multiple times, never live in the same place for a few years and act like they live the California lifestyle. As if that was not bad enough, they do it all at the same time they preach family values. If you want to pretend like your living "the" lifestyle here, until you're old (between the sun and smokers you will look it), burned out and miserable and your kids grow up to be empty, soulless, and materialistic sociopaths then this is the place for you.

Compare Phoenix, Arizona to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: