Search for any place in the USA:

SperlingViews - Tucson, Arizona

Homes Owned46.42%
Home Appreciation-0.42%
Percent Religious39.84%
Commute Time24.2

69.72% of people are white, 5.00% are black, 2.87% are asian, 2.72% are native american, and 19.69% claim 'Other'. 4.11% of the people in Tucson, AZ, claim hispanic ethnicity (meaning 95.89% are non-hispanic).

Have an opinion about Tucson? Leave a comment.

Duomatic
Tucson - 10/14/2012

Great weather, summers tolerable, great biking, hiking, outdoors, low traffic, low cost of living, great culture.[read more...]

Guadalupe
Tucson - 10/10/2012

Tucson is an amazing city to live in. It has the feel of a small town but is incredibly big. The infrastructure of roads is poor but the people are great. It is definitely a college town. The spirit of the town is evident through the support that they provide to The University of Arizona. [read more...]

Scarlett
College Town - 10/10/2012

Tucson has a uniqueness about it that you'll never find anywhere else. It has a strange, eclectic sort of culture that is fascinating. This is exemplified on the ever popular 4th Avenue District and the Downtown area. Even among the potholes and terrible traffic, there will always be a place in my heart for Tucson. It's perfect for the college student, because it lends to adventurous weekends, and making memories and stories to last you a lifetime. [read more...]

Megan
climate - 10/10/2012

living here.[read more...]

Megan
city - 10/10/2012

tucson[read more...]

natures extreme reality or not - 6/4/2012

to all the newcomers and natives of less then 30 years,the definition of a desert is lack of rainfall,a high evaporation rate,a wide disparity of the daily low and high temperatures 30-40 degree spreads on average.the eastern sonoran desert is the wettest desert on earth but we are becoming like the mohave or sahara deserts, its never good when a desert is getting drier and hotter.if tucson looked in 1775 without the santa cruz and rillito rivers running the first white settlers, the spanish would have never founded tucson.thats what kept the original natives the tohono odhams here.anyone that says we have a good climate is a fool or liar,as a native since,eisenhower, was president you can be assured it is atough and brutal climate. the exact opposite of the artic tundra in winter.if you work outside you know besides water is life and 4 seasons invigorate the plant life.its a testimony that modern humanity is dumbed down to even want to move to abrutal climate.besides having serf wages and asuper high property crime rate and a huge drug addict population thanks to our corrupt goverment along with the rotten corrupt mexican goverment why would anyone consider moving to one of the stupid parts ofthe world. just anice place to visit.hopefully i will move soon.[read more...]

LJ
For hikers, sun worshippers, students as well as r - 6/1/2012

I moved from Long Beach, L.A. a few years back, and fell in love with the slower pace of NW Tucson and the mountains in Oro Valley. Tucson has many benefits from lower cost of living, a great University as well as Pima Community college (campuses all over town)and sunshine. If you want to enjoy a very unique nature -living in this desert town might suit you. I am still surprised at the amount of creatures and birds as well as vegetation survive so well here. One learns to treat the hot summers here like the cold winters in other States. Stay inside in the A/C. Somehow the hot temps are manageable simply because it is dry heat -hardly any humidity until after the monsoons. There are various great spots to live here -and of course some rough ones (as all cities). [read more...]

ripoff tucson - 5/27/2012

a native of Tucson for 50+ years please do not make the mistake of moving to this dump.a skill,college degree,and experience will not help in earning a liveable wage.geography has been a reason for wages being so low the thieves,robbers that hire illegal labor for decades has created this mess.a notorious burglary and drug addict population does not help.a anti business attitude from the socialist,communist pricks adds to the issues.when my parents came to america from a country south of the border back inthe late fifties legally not snicking in like mice this nation was still a powerhouse. the high taxes relative to income adss more burdens thank you demorats the democrat party died with John and Robert Kennedy, they are a hypocritical,robbing crooks worse than the Republicans today.as a american of latin descent when wil the american people wake up.Commerce and Industry created a middle class and wealth,goverment steals and does not produce any,but more strangling regulations and taxes the second plank of the communist manifesto has been incorporated into the american system without the majority of the people aware.Wake up America.[read more...]

tucson will not prosper due to indifference,corrup - 5/23/2012

as a native of tucson for 50 +years this place is a land of dishonest mean spirited thieves.you can expect to make thousands or tens of thousands less per year even if your a skilled worker,experience does not matter,a college degree barely helps.you have to be fortunate to find an employer that gives yearly raises.is it any wonder we have some of the highest per capita burglary rates in the u.s. so much for the left leaning liberals that have run tucson since i was born.yes, illegal labor has been an issue in southern az. for well over a century but the root of the probelm is the nature and culture of this sorry part of the world.only here to help my elderly mother.[read more...]

Mike
Little Rock, AR
Stay Away - 4/30/2012

I would not want to live in or even visit Tucson again. The roads are horrible. There are an incredible number of potholes that can cause serious damage, poorly marked streets, lanes that end with little or no warning. Travelling in town is scary. Many drive 80 or 90 in 40 MPH zones/cutting mainacally across traffic. A lot of people try to jump the lights. That is they take off when the light turns yellow the other way but has not yet turned green their way. There are a lot of serious accidents. The only thing is Phoenix drivers are worse (though the roads are better). The central part of Tucson looks like some 3rd world country. Crime is through the roof. There are some good resturants and places to go but risking you life to go there is just not worth it. If you really want to see southern Arizona, I would recommend the small towns. Safford, Benson, Bisbee especially. Sierra Vista and Tombstone as well but I think Tombstone is too commercialized Also Nogales for shopping (it is helpful to speak Spanish there) and you can walk over to Mexico. if you go to Nogales you can stop in Patagonia or at Patagonia Lake for a swim ($10.00 per car). Thre are large mountain ranges near Safford and Sierra Vista. Safford has several campgrounds at 9000 feet which would be much cooler in the summer.[read more...]

Kelsey
Tucson - 4/25/2012

I live in tucson[read more...]

Tucsonan
Sperling's View of Tucson - 4/22/2012

I have never been prompted to write a review until I read Sperling's outrageous view of my hometown, Tucson, AZ. Nothing could be further from my perspective than his ignorant assessment. I have lived in NY, Denver and Paris and have traveled far and wide, but nowhere have I found the richness of Tucson's natural beauty or cultural history. It is a haven for the arts, a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts and a bright spot on the otherwise right-wing looney fringe that governs the political landscape of our state. With an attitude like Sperling's it's no wonder our friendly city gave him the cold shoulder.[read more...]

TAE
Edmond, OK
RELOCATING TO TUSCON, AZ FROM OKLAHOMA CITY, OK - 4/4/2012

MY JOB IS TRYING TO RELOCATE ME TO TUSCON, AZ AND I AM REALLY THINKING ABOUT COMING MY MAIN CONCERN IS MY HUSBAND FINDING A JOB HE IS AN INSURANCE AGENT, MY 5 KIDS SCHOOL, AND ALSO CHURCHES IN THE AREA..IF SOMEONE COULD GIVE ME INFORMATION ON WHAT TO EXPECT THAT WOULD BE SO GREAT!!! I HAVE LOOKED ONLINE AND FOUND SOME REASONABLE HOUSES THAT ARE REALLY NICE. WHAT AREAS ARE GOOD AREAS AND WHAT SCHOOLS WOULD BE GOOD SCHOOLS FOR MY CHILDREN TO ATTEND?? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :)[read more...]

Jarrett
Fresno, CA
Do not come here without a vehicle! - 3/30/2012

I lived in Tucson for 2 months. All I can say is you are supremely screwed here without a vehicle. I know it's like that in most every city in the country, but riding the bus in Tucson is particulary dreadful. Mainly druggies and the decrepit ride. If you dream about a warm sunny place in the winter, don't come to Tucson unless you have a vehicle, because otherwise that daydream will just become a nightmare.[read more...]

Cosecha
Wayzata, MN
Possibly relocating from British Columbia, Canada - 2/29/2012

Hello! I have a few questions for you all out there. My family and I are looking at relocating to Tucson from Kelowna British Columbia, Canada. The housing market is VERY expensive here and it appears we could sell our house up here, move to Arizona and be house debt free. We also like the thought of leaving behind long winters. Questions: Are the schools really that horrible? If so, are charters schools an improvement? Summers: Are they too intense or does one acclamate to the intense heat once you have lived in Arizona for awhile. snakes: HATE them!!! I enjoy the outdoors and are snakes going to be everywhere? We are thinking about living on some land in the Tanque Verde area. Will I have to inspect the area everytime I let my children out to play? And do these creatures get into your houses? Uggghhh. Gardening: We love gardening. Is this common in Tucson? I saw in one post that somebody said it is pricey to live in Tucson? Could somebody expand on this? Do we mean taxes, amenities...? Thank you so much! I would love to hear some thoughts. p.s. I have a dual citizenship and my husband is working on a green card, so that is how we are able to move down the U.S.A[read more...]

Bp
Beautiful Here!!! but Pricey!!! - 2/22/2012

The sun, the beauty, but its pricey to live here, but the view is goregous. I love the mild weather in the winter, and it can get congested with traffic but the weather / beauty make up for it hands down!!! I hope that the ecomony gets better though.[read more...]

Rob
All is good in Tucson - 1/17/2012

Weather is great most of the year - not at all hot like Phoenix.. but has little to offer in the way of culture or theatre.. unless you particularily enjoy some fairly hokey stuff then you're right at home. But if you enjoy great art museums, or good theatre... then you have to travel to find it.... [read more...]

Mark
A great place to live...These people above are the - 12/18/2011

The people that had written the reviews above are the ones that seem to be the depressed ones. They are saying Tucson is a horrible place and that there is no culture in Tucson!...Give me a freaken break. This place is full of culture. Maybe they didn't want to leave their apartment or homes because it was to hot. Waaaa!....You are living in a nice and sunny place, what do you expect. I think Tucson is great. I lived in California and Oregon growing up and I would say that the suicide rates were alot higher there. Someone above said that we all want to commit suicide. Man, how negative is this guy! I know that I run into nice people around here all the time...Don't believe what these people say. I found that most people that write reviews are people that hate life and just want someone to listen to them....If you are a good natured person with good inteligence, I bet you would love Tucson[read more...]

Rebecca
Hot Summers - 8/31/2011

So very hot in the summer, yet lovely in the fall/winter/spring. 4 months of scorching heat generally. [read more...]

Jennifer
Education in Arizona - 7/17/2011

One of the things that's really difficult about Raising children in Tucson is that you are always wondering one year to the next if the schools are going to be able to have the necessary funds to maintain class size, provide computers, text books, P.E., the arts, Spanish, library, school nurse or principle. You always feel lIke you might be required to go on the warpath and fight for the bare necessities. It's sad but it feels like this might be the lost generation for education in Arizona. [read more...]

<< Prev Next >>