Select a New Section:

Comments

Tucson should rank as one of worst places to live, - 9/29/2016
Tucson is an overgrown cowtown in every sense of the meaning. It should not be on anyone's radar of up and coming or desirable cities unless you are retiring, don't need a job, and looking for cheap housing. It likes to see itself as always been 'on the verge' of turning the proverbial corner towards 'greatness', yet never seems to make it. While many US cities have bounded back around the nation from the Great Recession, including Phoenix, clueless Tucson just keeps drifting and falling further and further behind. Once very nice neighborhoods are still deteriorating in 2016 because the housing market is still so depressed that homes aren't worth the cost of maintenance. Many homeowners are forced to rent their homes out because they still can't sell. City codes protecting property values are virtually nonexistent. Anyone can park their cars or huge RVs across their front yards and board up broken windows instead of buying new ones and that's just fine in modern-day Tucson. People need to be warned that since there are few rules in Tucson for property maintenance (most apathetic and 'anything goes' place I've ever lived), there's nothing to stop renters and bargain hunters from trashing neighborhood after neighborhood as housing values continue to stagnate. You'd think they'd wake up at City Hall and update codes but they're too blind and mired in small town ignorance. Schools in Arizona and Tucson in particular truly are some of the worst in the nation. Arizona ranks last in terms of school quality and money spent on education. The local economy in Tucson is also nothing short of scary. It is probably one of the least diversified city economies in the country. Jobs are low-paying for the most part and workers have no protections. Unless you're a nurse or a doctor or you work for Raytheon, if you lose your job you'll be very hard pressed to replace it here. And don't look to the city for help. The city doesn't have any money either. Being a Right-to-Work and very Red state, wages are low and there's little in the way of a tax base. Tucson has had every opportunity to take a good look at itself and make serious changes but continues to disappoint. While the weather is enviable and the views can be beautiful, don't be fooled. Tucson is not a place for anyone looking for a viable economy or healthy housing market.
bimatoprost hair growth sporturfintl.com bimatoprost sandoz

Looking forward to making Tuscon my new home. - 6/29/2016
If anyone can answer my questions it be much appreciated. I welcome all negative and positive reviews of Tuscon, AZ. I'll be quick. I fell in love with Phoenix several years ago when I stayed here few weeks and was hired for law enforcement position post military....Still to this day I regretted my decision of not following through due to problems back home needing addressing with family. Here I am over 10 years later, I that time I'm able to afford a simple retirement at a young age of 35 with all things considered, I can live off a budget now till I die, but by no means am I able to be non frugal every day. Here is my scenario I from NJ. Yes most stereotypes is true here, but I was able to make most out of it, my time is done here.....I love sunny weather just puts me in great mood. Again is spent July in Phoenix ten hrs ago and I walked through city with Jeans and a football jersey without breaking a sweat, near impossible to do here in NJ the humity is crazy here June thru most of September....I can't stand the cold even more. Now my plan is to rent for two years, I'm sure that is how long it will take for me to get good idea if like a place I'm open minded and enjoy most things Tuscon has to offer as far weather and numerous activities I can engage in on daily basis. My only issue is finding a 2 bedroom apartment in a very good area, my budget is 1,000 per month for rent. If anybody can give me an idea of apartments that y'all experienced or heard about it be much appreciated. Area very important as I have my son through out summer and winter breaks. Having hard time deciding on it them. Right now I'm looking at overlook pusch ridge, which actually is under my budget. I've also contemplated Brittany apartments on speedway. Please I welcome any recommendations.

climate - 3/3/2016
its hot

U of A - 3/1/2016
If you're looking for an awesome college town, U of A (and Tucson) is the place to go.
bimatoprost hair growth bimatoprost eyebrows bimatoprost sandoz

Tucson. - 3/1/2016
Tucson is beautiful and very cultured.

tucson - 3/1/2016
I like it
bimatoprost hair growth sporturfintl.com bimatoprost sandoz

caleb
Thinking about moving to Tucson? - 12/29/2015
About a year ago I was given the opportunity to pack up my family and transfer from Michigan to Tucson, AZ. I had never even been to Arizona and thus had a lot of questions. The information I found was vague, shallow and/or disorganized. I kept coming back to, “I wish I just knew someone who lived there to talk to.” But I didn’t have that person, and the move turned into a bit of a leap of faith. There are a lot of things I wish I would have known. I wanted to share what I've learned over the past year so I wrote the book I wish I could have read before making the move. Moving is hard enough; you don’t need to bring a lot of unanswered questions with you. Check it out at www.livingintucson.org/

candi
Lived in Arizona for 21 years now, 11 in Tucson, 1 - 12/16/2015
This southwestern climate is mostly pleasant year round in terms of temperatures. However, there are considerations that would make you think otherwise, or prefer to live in a colder climate.
Things like, wind, humidity or lack of, bugs and other creatures, and sun of course. Tell me what you like to do and what lifestyle you are looking for and I will give objective feedback. FYI, I want to move for a variety of reasons, but am no longer frustrated and negative as I once was after first moving here in mid-adulthood. There is much more to living than just climate or temperatures. A lot of people from colder climates seem to think that's all you have to know about Tucson to make it desireable. (I guess harsh winters would get you thinking like that). I hope someone out there can help me figure out where to go next. I've got to have a change of scene or I'll never be happy. Thanks for reading.

Terry
Los Gatos, CA
questions - 10/14/2015
With my 900,000 townhouse in Silicon Valley, I could afford to retire to Tuscon very easily. I am looking to perhaps own a small business or perhaps volunteer my time, as I am a teacher. I will easily be able to aford a nice townhouse or house. Is there a lot of places to volunteer? Would there be interested people in a book club? How is UOA in regards to being a returning student at 62? I grew up in the heat of Phoenix and I can manage that learning curve again? What are the creative options in Tuscon?

Arizona Revised Statute passed in 2005 - 8/23/2015
13-2912. Unlawful introduction of disease or parasite; classification

A. It is unlawful for a person to knowingly introduce into this state a disease or parasite of animals or poultry that constitutes a threat to:

1. Livestock or poultry industry in this state.

2. Human health.

3. Human life.

B. This section does not apply to research conducted by government or educational institutions.

C. A violation of subsection A:

1. Paragraph 1 is a class 5 felony.

2. Paragraph 2 is a class 4 felony.

3. Paragraph 3 is a class 2 felony.
bimatoprost hair growth bimatoprost eyebrows bimatoprost sandoz

The end of the World-Tucson - 8/8/2015
Absolutely the worst place ever. The economy sucks unless you think $9.00/hour is great pay, like most Tucson natives. The phrase " low expectations" should be the city slogan. If you like people who wear the same smelly clothes 4-5 days without a change or a shower, Tucson is for you. The locals are the rudest, dumbest people on the planet and the " snow birds" are just a bunch of pissy geezers from someplace like Minnesota
If you idea of a great meal is beans and tortillas, it's your spot. If you consider hiking the same dusty desert 50 times fun, or if you have fun riding a bike in 110 degree weather come on down.
On the other hand, if your IQ is higher than your shoe size, you will hate this poverty stricken dump.

Hot hot hot - 3/31/2015
If you like hiking in the mountains its a good place. If you like really hot places its a good place.

Tucson - The Best place on earth - 3/16/2015
There are so many things to do here in the sunny Old Pueblo. First you can start the day with a hike in Sabino Canyon, enjoy the snow melt running through the canyons and see the changes in landscape from desert floor to soaring pines in the sky. Take a stroll on the University of Arizona campus, stroll Starr Pass resort in the volcanic Tucson Mountains. With 365 days of Sunshine the pools are always the place to be. There are so many great resort pools in Tucson like the Ritz Carlton in Marana, Ventana and La Paloma in the Catalina Foothills. The dude ranch at Tanque Verde Ranch. Take a horse into the Rincon mountain sunrise and sunset. Eat a cowboy steak under the stars around the fire. This place is beautiful. The school systems are getting better. As a TUSD student myself I can vouch first hand. They are not the best, but not the worst either. I had a great school experience here. Not to mention the Greatest university in the world is here. U of A!!! The golf, shopping, dining, and entertainment all work great. The cost of living is minimal. Real estate prices are great and very affordable. The housing market is on an upward pace right now. I am a local Real Estate Professional. For more info on the market and homes in Southern Arizona contact me at (520) 404-4135 or go to my website www.Justin-Bentley.com

Dee
Think again before you move here! - 2/14/2015
The schools are some of the worst in the country. I am a K-12 educator working in the Sunnyside District, so I know first hand how bad it is. Furthermore, the weather is wicked hot in the summer and all real activity dies. Everyone wants to get the heck out of here, and businesses either suffer or close up every summer because nobody with money stays. It's very hard to have gainful employment here and vandalism and theft are the top crimes. It's a very grungy city and the planning (if you could call it that) is inadequate. Roads are full of potholes and adequate drainage when we have monsoonal floods is absent! Parts of Speedway and Grant could destroy your car! What I do like about Tucson is the bike paths, but that's about it.People, unless you like being poor and having your things stolen and damaged, STAY AWAY! I'm looking for my way out!

Valley Fever - 2/13/2015
I once lived in Tucson for about 2 years back in the 60's. I've been living in California for the last 50 years but it is very expensive. I always liked Tucson and I would really like to move back for retirement. But I am very worried about Valley Fever. I'm 63 years old with asthma. How much of a risk would I be taking by moving back to Tucson? California is nice but I love the Sonoran Desert. And you just can't beat an Arizona sunset. Thank you.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Compare Tucson, Arizona to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: