Select a New Section:

Comments

climate - 3/3/2016
its hot

U of A - 3/1/2016
If you're looking for an awesome college town, U of A (and Tucson) is the place to go.

Tucson. - 3/1/2016
Tucson is beautiful and very cultured.

tucson - 3/1/2016
I like it

Thinking about moving to Tucson? - 12/29/2015
About a year ago I was given the opportunity to pack up my family and transfer from Michigan to Tucson, AZ. I had never even been to Arizona and thus had a lot of questions. The information I found was vague, shallow and/or disorganized. I kept coming back to, “I wish I just knew someone who lived there to talk to.” But I didn’t have that person, and the move turned into a bit of a leap of faith. There are a lot of things I wish I would have known. I wanted to share what I've learned over the past year so I wrote the book I wish I could have read before making the move. Moving is hard enough; you don’t need to bring a lot of unanswered questions with you. Check it out at www.livingintucson.org/

Lived in Arizona for 21 years now, 11 in Tucson, 1 - 12/16/2015
This southwestern climate is mostly pleasant year round in terms of temperatures. However, there are considerations that would make you think otherwise, or prefer to live in a colder climate.
Things like, wind, humidity or lack of, bugs and other creatures, and sun of course. Tell me what you like to do and what lifestyle you are looking for and I will give objective feedback. FYI, I want to move for a variety of reasons, but am no longer frustrated and negative as I once was after first moving here in mid-adulthood. There is much more to living than just climate or temperatures. A lot of people from colder climates seem to think that's all you have to know about Tucson to make it desireable. (I guess harsh winters would get you thinking like that). I hope someone out there can help me figure out where to go next. I've got to have a change of scene or I'll never be happy. Thanks for reading.

questions - 10/14/2015
With my 900,000 townhouse in Silicon Valley, I could afford to retire to Tuscon very easily. I am looking to perhaps own a small business or perhaps volunteer my time, as I am a teacher. I will easily be able to aford a nice townhouse or house. Is there a lot of places to volunteer? Would there be interested people in a book club? How is UOA in regards to being a returning student at 62? I grew up in the heat of Phoenix and I can manage that learning curve again? What are the creative options in Tuscon?

Arizona Revised Statute passed in 2005 - 8/23/2015
13-2912. Unlawful introduction of disease or parasite; classification

A. It is unlawful for a person to knowingly introduce into this state a disease or parasite of animals or poultry that constitutes a threat to:

1. Livestock or poultry industry in this state.

2. Human health.

3. Human life.

B. This section does not apply to research conducted by government or educational institutions.

C. A violation of subsection A:

1. Paragraph 1 is a class 5 felony.

2. Paragraph 2 is a class 4 felony.

3. Paragraph 3 is a class 2 felony.

The end of the World-Tucson - 8/8/2015
Absolutely the worst place ever. The economy sucks unless you think $9.00/hour is great pay, like most Tucson natives. The phrase " low expectations" should be the city slogan. If you like people who wear the same smelly clothes 4-5 days without a change or a shower, Tucson is for you. The locals are the rudest, dumbest people on the planet and the " snow birds" are just a bunch of pissy geezers from someplace like Minnesota
If you idea of a great meal is beans and tortillas, it's your spot. If you consider hiking the same dusty desert 50 times fun, or if you have fun riding a bike in 110 degree weather come on down.
On the other hand, if your IQ is higher than your shoe size, you will hate this poverty stricken dump.

Hot hot hot - 3/31/2015
If you like hiking in the mountains its a good place. If you like really hot places its a good place.

Tucson - The Best place on earth - 3/16/2015
There are so many things to do here in the sunny Old Pueblo. First you can start the day with a hike in Sabino Canyon, enjoy the snow melt running through the canyons and see the changes in landscape from desert floor to soaring pines in the sky. Take a stroll on the University of Arizona campus, stroll Starr Pass resort in the volcanic Tucson Mountains. With 365 days of Sunshine the pools are always the place to be. There are so many great resort pools in Tucson like the Ritz Carlton in Marana, Ventana and La Paloma in the Catalina Foothills. The dude ranch at Tanque Verde Ranch. Take a horse into the Rincon mountain sunrise and sunset. Eat a cowboy steak under the stars around the fire. This place is beautiful. The school systems are getting better. As a TUSD student myself I can vouch first hand. They are not the best, but not the worst either. I had a great school experience here. Not to mention the Greatest university in the world is here. U of A!!! The golf, shopping, dining, and entertainment all work great. The cost of living is minimal. Real estate prices are great and very affordable. The housing market is on an upward pace right now. I am a local Real Estate Professional. For more info on the market and homes in Southern Arizona contact me at (520) 404-4135 or go to my website www.Justin-Bentley.com

Think again before you move here! - 2/14/2015
The schools are some of the worst in the country. I am a K-12 educator working in the Sunnyside District, so I know first hand how bad it is. Furthermore, the weather is wicked hot in the summer and all real activity dies. Everyone wants to get the heck out of here, and businesses either suffer or close up every summer because nobody with money stays. It's very hard to have gainful employment here and vandalism and theft are the top crimes. It's a very grungy city and the planning (if you could call it that) is inadequate. Roads are full of potholes and adequate drainage when we have monsoonal floods is absent! Parts of Speedway and Grant could destroy your car! What I do like about Tucson is the bike paths, but that's about it.People, unless you like being poor and having your things stolen and damaged, STAY AWAY! I'm looking for my way out!

Valley Fever - 2/13/2015
I once lived in Tucson for about 2 years back in the 60's. I've been living in California for the last 50 years but it is very expensive. I always liked Tucson and I would really like to move back for retirement. But I am very worried about Valley Fever. I'm 63 years old with asthma. How much of a risk would I be taking by moving back to Tucson? California is nice but I love the Sonoran Desert. And you just can't beat an Arizona sunset. Thank you.

Not for us. - 2/5/2015
Move here -if you like the mountains or want to live by the mountains, biking, warm weather, want to retire, Small town feel, want to wear shorts everywhere you go and I mean everywhere, potholes, lots of white trash trailer parks, can't get enough of the million saguaros and never wanting to visit the other side of city because lack of freeways. There are lots bars here and no nightclubs to get excited about. By the way if you have nonwhite friends like I do tell them they are not warmly welcomed.

Don't move here if- you are expecting excitement, want classier malls, nightlife, nice restaurants, like to dress up or a more cosmopolitan feel, and easy freeway access.

Don't make the same mistake I did. Before you move here write a list of expectations and visit for 1 week mon-fri and you will see what I mean. Been living here for 3 years time to go. The best about tucson is that you are 1.5 hours from Phoenix.
Thanks

Tucson - 12/29/2014
Tucson seems like it is two different cities: one dirty and run-down, the other is upscale and beautiful. I have lived here for about 2.5 years and have a love hate relationship with Tucson. The weather for about 6-7 months of the year is great! but the summer of 100+ weather seems to never end (May-Sept). With little kids, it does really seem like you are stuck inside during this time. There are some places to go but it almost seems like the flip side of a winter somewhere in the midwest where you cant do much for the winter months. And the roads are horrible! Most are 20-30 years old without upkeep. And nobody has any grass. I miss the grass! If you have kids, you must avoid the TUSD like the plague. Thank goodness for the Vail, Catalina, and Oro Valley school districts (which are some of the best in the state; Vail is actually rated the best in AZ). Again, this goes back to my point of two different cities
The foothills and the north are very nice and the Tucson has great food! Not just Mexican food but many different types of food with great restaurants, both local and chains. The amount of sunny days is great. I never look at the weather forecast here because it's always sunny and either hot or not hot, depending on the time of year.
Overall, I'm kind of indifferent about staying here longterm. I could and would be okay with it. I could just as well leave and think I wouldn't want to move back here.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Compare Tucson, Arizona to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: