Select a New Section:

Start Your Review of Aliso_Viejo, CA

8/14/2015
Beautiful but expensive
Good area to live excellent climate close to the Beach

6/9/2010
Great place for young families, safe and beautiful
We just moved here from the Pasadena area and so far we really love it. The truth is we are very close to Laguna Beach which in my opinion are the best beaches in all of Southern California, but we don't have the congestion and tourism that those places get. Aliso is a small community that really feels like one. It is typical orange county in the fact that all the homes are in tracts and are totally cookie cutter and small, but for small families, it works. Honestly it is not a place we will probably settle in but it's great while our kids are small. There are parks everywhere, library activities, tons of outdoor activities. There are a lot of stay at home moms which is fun because it's easy to make friends. There is a lot office space here too which for business is convenient. It is perched on the hill so we get great breezes from the ocean but no ocean view. I would have loved to be closer to the ocean but the prices are a little cheaper here because of it. Other than being a little generic, it's a great little community.

5/26/2009
The Pros and Cons of Aliso Viejo
The People in Aliso Viejo are very mean and hard to make friends with. Our neighbor has a gun and we have gotten reported to the city just for cutting plants. People are very nosey and we even got reported for leaving our garbage pail out. Otherwise, the scenery is ok and it has easy access to the beach and tourist attractions( Disneyland, Legoland,etc.)

2/2/2008
Unaffordable
While housing prices are beginning to come down they are still in excess of anything anybody should be willing to pay for. As I'm writing this the median is $545,000. However, I happen to know that the 1,800 sq ft. 3 bedroom 2 and a half bath townhomes we're interested in run over $600,000.

12/30/2007
Country atmosphere with all the conveniences nearb
My husband and I have lived here for 14 years and in So. Calif for all our lives. We are 4 miles from the beach and are near vast open spaces for hiking and exploring. Hopefully we can do more of that as we wind down our working careers! Now that home values are declining and we have plenty of inventory, there will be more chances for retirees to live here. We have a 3 bed, 3 bath single family home, 1450 sq.ft that we bought in 1999 for $262,000. The most recent sale of our model closed for $620,000 (Dec 2007). I have been a Realtor since 1980 and I see prices declining more due to over supply of new homes. It may take 2 years to absorb the new home inventory. Other than that I guess the worst thing about living in California is getting stuck on the freeways when they are busy, but you learn the best times and shorcuts very fast! If you can live close to work or work at home...you've got it made! We are looking to buy a second home for retirement...any suggestions? Thank you kindly, Michelle

Compare Aliso_Viejo, California to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: