Search for any place in the USA:

SperlingViews - Napa, California

Homes Owned53.56%
Home Appreciation0.79%
Percent Religious52.30%
Commute Time24.6

75.09% of people are white, 0.63% are black, 2.28% are asian, 0.83% are native american, and 21.17% claim 'Other'. 32.59% of the people in Napa, CA, claim hispanic ethnicity (meaning 67.41% are non-hispanic).

Have an opinion about Napa? Leave a comment.

Eden
Napa is heavenly. - 1/9/2012

I think that it was robert Redford who said that napa is heavenly. So is Sonoma, petaluma, and Windsor, etc. This is the wine country and it also has farms and a river running through it. Yes, napa is expensive, but then so is all of California.The weather is mild and so is the mood. Napa needs more for children, however. It is as though it were designed for seniors who like to drink wine and socialize. A Pixarland theme park would had some vitality to the area.[read more...]

Richard
Manteca, CA
I grew up in Napa - 11/4/2009

Napa was once a nice place to live, even though I never liked the weather. You never see the sun before 10 AM in the summer and by 7 PM it's too cold and way too windy to enjoy being outside. It wasn't until I moved away that I found out that I enjoy waking up to a sunny morning, be it in the summer, or winter, the only two seasons most of California has. Now that I've been away from Napa for a number of years I have also discovered that you can tell someone is from Napa by their attitude. "I've made it to the beautiful Napa Valley. We have to close the gate to keep everyone else out" is a quick synopsis of the Napa attitude. There are an incredible number of businesses that have "Napa Valley" in their name. The general rule is that if it has "Napa Valley" in the name, it's located in Napa. Businesses in the rest of the county tend to avoid the term (except the wineries of course, which can charge more for wine with "Napa Valley" on the label.) I made the mistake of abbreviating the name of a business "NV ---" and was lectured by the owner. As a native Napan I was forced out by two things. The first is that there are no jobs and everyone has to commute, creating horrendous traffic jams. It took an hour to travel 19 miles. The second is that the spiraling cost of housing would never allow my children to be able to buy a home of their own. I've never regretted leaving.[read more...]

JULIE
To exspensive here! - 4/29/2009

I was born and raised here in Napa,CA and I it is definetly a beautiful place to live, however the cost of living here is crazy.[read more...]

Julie
Love the community - 1/27/2009

We moved here 4 years ago from Oakland and really love it. The community is wonderful and friendly. Napa is changing rapidly for the best and it is exciting to see. It is expensive as most cater to tourists but it is worth it. [read more...]

Richard
Expensive City to Live in - 10/27/2008

Napa is a nice place to live if you are able to own most of you home. Working here is mostly via the wine industry and service sector. Many folks who own homes here are living elsewhere and come here for the weekend or during the summer time. As a family with young kids we are considering a lower cost of living place to live so we do not have to work so much to maintain the high cost of housing and fuel. There is the benefit of a river and bay to fish in, closeness to Tahoe to ski, large city like SF to visit.[read more...]

Paul
its beautiful place to live - 10/16/2008

I was born & raised here all my life its a beautiful little city[read more...]

Constance
It doesn't get much better than this! - 7/22/2007

The climate in the city of Napa, and Napa Valley as a whole, is delightful. There are no extremes as far as hot and cold weather, yet there are distinct seasons. Summers rarely see more than a few consecutive days of weather over 90 degrees before the marine influence ushers in the lovely cooling fog, which rolls in quietly at night to blanket the valley and then "burns off" usually by mid-morning the next day. When the summer temperatures are in the 70's and 80's there is very little fog in the valley. There is little to no rainfall from May through September. This is perfect grape-growing weather! The temperatures in the winter are quite moderate, with some nights falling below freezing but warming up nicely (50's & 60's) during the day. It's not unusual to have occasional days with 70 degree temperatures in the "dead of winter". Most winters see no snowfall other than a light dusting of the white stuff perhaps once each winter, a novelty that everyone gets excited about. The surrounding hills get brown every summer and begin to turn green by mid- November. By February, most years, the hills become a gorgeous, "neon-green" color. Last year (06-07) was a near-drought year so we're hoping for more rainfall this winter. Normally, even during the heavier periods of rainfall there are only 2 - 4 consecutive days of precipitation. I don't have the figures for average rainfall here but there are LOTS of sunny days in the Napa Valley year-round. Autumn is a favorite season in Napa Valley when many trees, as well as grape vines, display gorgeous fall colors in their foliage and the sky becomes a rich, vibrant shade of azure blue.[read more...]

Maria
No Jobs - 11/11/2006

We have been looking for months and there are just no jobs. Don't think that this is a great place to move to and to find a job easily. The companies go throught temp agencies so they don't have to hire directly and offer full time employment or benefits. The wineries employ only people from other countries. This is an impossible place. The schools look like they are in really bad shape. I was so surprised thinking we would be moving to a "wealthy place", I guess like so many places there are the wealthy, and the poor, and not much middle class anymore. It is not what I thought it would be like. Much smaller and not as nice. Once you get past the initial excitement that doesn't last long, there is not much else going for this place. The only thing I have to say is that the parks are nice for young kids, with the best playgrounds I have seen compared to NY, or FL. Oh Well....will be moving to a place where there are jobs, and prices are not so ridiculous for homes, for shopping, general food prices, better schools, etc. It is hard for someone like me to not be able to go out and get into a conversation with someone while shopping, but I feel so alone here, most people don't even speak English. I feel very out of place.[read more...]

Matt
Napa life... - 6/12/2006

...the weather in Napa is incredible. It's what makes California, well California...[read more...]

Robert
Quality of Living - 9/9/2005

Napa is a beautiful place to live, especially if you are affluent. The weather is very nice most of the year -- summers and winters are mild, spring and fall are gorgeous. And , of course, you are in the beautiful Napa Valley. The only real problem, especially for someone with lower income, is the cost of housing. Home prices have skyrocketed over the past few years. Two bedroom cottages sell for $500,000-$600,000. A typical 2,000+ sq. ft. family home is $800,000 up.[read more...]

NICK
Napa, CA
overall - 9/5/2005

To me Napa is an ideal place to live; its hard to beat, as they say:it`s a grape place.[read more...]