We have place information on 13 very cool categories, pick one or scroll down to see an overview.

Comments

Lynne
Summer in Tampa, FL - 7/23/2015
Summer in Florida is hot and humid. If you're lucky, it rains and then it's bearable. When it doesn't rain.....

Phillip
Tampa Bay Area - 6/12/2015
I was born in Los Angeles, Lived in La Jolla, (San Diego) for 10 years of my Career. Loved it! Moved to Columbus, Ohio for a Promotion for 3 years. Hated it. Seriously it rained for 17 straight weekends and I got the weekends off. Lived in New York City for 10 Years, Loved it for work but after getting married and having our first child could not get out of there soon enough once she turned 2 years old. Worked from home and could really move anywhere and a studied Florida and Settled on Tampa. The youngest demongraphic in all of Florida at the time I believed the avg. age of a married couple was 33 years old. While Miami was NYC South and the same ole well you know, and Up north Jacksonville was much cooler temps in the fall and winter and Orlando while nice had no Beaches. And growing up in Cali the Beaches where important to us. Was concerned about Hurricanes but my studies showed that Tampa was very difficult to Hit being on the West Coast of Florida, yes it is still possible but far less likely than the Eastern Sea Board, Miami and the Panhandle of Tallahase and west of that.

Long Story Short. I like this place. Cost of living is low, because the Job Market is soft. You get a Lot of Home or Condo for you Money. We have the NHL, The NFL, and MLB and you can see life coming from a mile a way here... People are cool, Nightlife is Decent, Weekends are Outstanding and Resturants are Hit and Miss but there are Enough good ones once you know your way around.
Great Concerts and the Gulf of Mexico Beaches are White Sand not Bround Sand like the East Coast of Florida, if you like Golf this is Paradise.
If you like Night Life we have that too. If you just want a great place to chill and raise your kids this place is Awesome for Kids.
Need I say more?

Hope this helps.

READY TO MOVE TO FLORIDA ! - 1/7/2015
MOVING TO TAMPA IN 2018. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE TO LIVE CLOSE TO TAMPA ? MY HUSBAND WILL BE WORKING IN TAMPA BUT, I WANT TO LIVE WITHIN 5-10 MILES OUTSIDE OR NEAR TAMPA.

Governor and Attorney General dont believe in gay - 12/18/2014
I just don't like that they're doing everything they can to prevent me from marrying my soulmate. They should allow the courts' rulings to stand instead of spending all of the taxpayers' money into tying the courts up with appeals.

Getting Around Tampa - 4/22/2014
I love the idea of a city feel that Tampa has to offer. Theatre, culture, etc. The only question I have is how large is the city? Is it medium or large? I have a horrible sense of direction and fear I'll always get lost. I would need a gps to get around if it's too big. Is it intimidatingly big?

How Large is Tampa? - 4/20/2014
Is Tampa considered a large or medium city? I was thinking of retiring there. An extremely large city where I would get lost intimidates me, although I have a gps. I was thinking of a moderately large city but not too large. Is it easy to get around without getting lost?

Quality of Life in Tampa - 3/12/2014
I'm planning on retiring in 8-9 years. Is Tampa a good place to retire?
I want to live in a place that has a lot of theatre/arts, comedy clubs, etc.
A lot of people say it's too hot. I love the warm weather and have a pretty good tolerence for it.
Crime is also an important factor. I realize every city has a lot of crime, but just how high is it?
Is the city very large? Easy to get around?
Is the general area of housing nice or run down? Comments please!

Doug Hart, Tampa Recruiter
Tampa FL - 2/26/2014
A moderate cost of living area, 12% below the national average, with gorgeous weather most of the year.

Joseph Joffo
About Tampa and Tampa Bay Florida - 2/9/2014
Tampa and Tampa Bay are home to some of Florida’s most beautiful beaches, exciting theme parks and museums! Tampa International Airport is the 31st busiest airport in the United States and has flights coming in from all over the world. Tampa is a perfect destination, connecting you easily to beaches on the West coast of Florida Clearwater, St. Petersburg and Treasure Island are within a short one hour drive. You can easily drive to Orlando checking out the popular attractions like Walt Disney World, Universal Studios or Sea World. Renting a car is the most accommodating and logical way for sightseeing the action packed Central Florida tourist attraction. Using your rental car allows you to see some of the best kept secrets that the main stream tours do not offer. Such destinations like Anna Maria Island, Caledesi State Park, Fort de Soto State Park and the Gulf Coast are impossible to reach without a rent a car. You could travel south to the Everglades, Naples and Sanibel Islands to see some of nature’s best. You could also head north west from Tampa to Tarpon Springs, a Greek fishing village that’s known for its historic past as the sponge diving capitol. Maybe you’re more about thrills and adventures? Head east and visit the Richard Petty driving experience and see how it feels to be a NASCAR driver for a day. You could also visit Wonderworks, an upside down attraction for all ages. Orlando is also known for its many dinner show theaters to keep you entertained like Medieval Times, Pirates Dinner show or the Out of Control Magic Show. Families can find so many things to do and the options are practically unlimited. If you’re looking for a more romantic trip, head over to the East coast and see world famous Cocoa Beach or Daytona Beach, where you can shop at the Boardwalks, catch breath-taking sunsets and soak up the sun. If you want to travel a little further north on the East coast, the United States oldest city is St. Augustine. Here you can learn about the history of our country as well as take famous ghost tours in the Fort or stroll in a city tour.

Back in Tampa, you can visit places like the Florida Aquarium, MOSI, Glazer Childrens Museum, Ybor City. Sports Fans can’t get enough of our town. There are numerous venues to catch a game at any time of the year. With The Tampa Bay Rays, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, NY Yankees winter training headquarters, Tampa Bay Lightning or the Rowdies there’s always a game going on is shopping more of your guilty pleasure? You will love it here! We have major shopping malls, boutiques and lots of outlets inTampa. The different shopping options offer wide ranges of prices and interests. Another thing you can’t get enough of in Tampa is food! There are so many unique and multi-cultural options ranging anywhere from Cuban to Peruvian or French to Greek Cuisines. Unlike some other popular vacation spots, Tampa Bay has affordable parking prices. You won’t have to worry about so many extra surprise expenses when traveling here. Renting a car from Econo Car Rentals is one of the best vacation decisions you can make, allowing you freedom to make your own schedule. Frequent travelers can benefit from our Loyalty Rewards program to help save even more money !

Debra
just moved to New Tampa from San Diego Ca - 1/11/2014
My husband is getting into the purchases of Tax Liens both liens and deeds and we were interested in different areasin Florida mainly mid to Northern Florida

Jean
Tampa FL. - 12/31/2013
I know some love it here, but it is hot & humid. It is NOT as sunny as the advertisements would have you believe. Climate change has definitely affected this area. I grew up in this town, so I do know it has changed. So many overcast/cloudy days, sometimes I think it is London with heat! However, Tampa does not have the "Old South" feel that Fred of Orange Park talked about. I have lived in Jax, so I do know what he mean. Traffic is terrible here. If you want to enjoy "city like" activities, then stick to the south Tampa area. Golfers, go north Tampa. The nicer restaurants are in South Tampa, north Tampa is almost all chains (Chili's, etc.). Get a job before moving here! Pay rates in Florida are about half of what they are in the Northeast. You will use your AC from April thru October, continuously (you will be trading your northern heating bills for southern AC bills.) Tampa is a very sports oriented town, so if you like that, this is your place. There are no practical public transportation options. It is not a good town for biking, this is due to weather and drivers running over bicyclists. So just be aware of that. Plenty of doctors & hospitals here. Tampa is not a beach town, so you will have to drive a while to get to the beach. Generally that is about a 30 to 45 minute drive, not including time to look for parking. The beaches are very nice.

Jean
Thinking of moving to Tampa? - 12/31/2013
It is hot & humid.

What is Tampa like (relocating) - 7/17/2013
I need some help! I relocated to Jax over a year ago. It is very "Old South" and slow. I am looking to move to Tampa. What is the difference? I heard that it is more progressive there and people are not as "south" and slow. Can you shed some light on this. I am not looking for a fast, Chicago lifestyle, or club life, just a progressive with it type of feel to the city. Jacksonville feels like a "big" little city. I am from the midwest and i feel that they were are much more forward thinking than Jax residents. Tell me Tampa is a much better place please. Details! Thanx

Sunshine & Rain - 3/19/2013
Winters in Tampa are wonderfully mild and sunny. Daily thunderstorms in the summer become part of the rhythm of life, though the sweltering heat takes some adjustment.

brodius
San Diego, CA
business - 1/29/2013
hello Im living in san diego right now looking to move to tampa because its around water and the price of living is very cheap, im a small business owner.. can anyone tell me is tampa small business friendly...

thank...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Compare Tampa, Florida to any other place in the USA.