Select a New Section:

Start Your Review of Kansas_City, MO

1/1/2017
Not a safe place to live
Have lived in Kansas City metro area most of my life, but I'm currently relocating. Violent crime is on the rise in K.C., 126 homicides in 2016, the deadliest in 8 years. I would not recommend Kansas City, unless you live in the safer western suburbs in Johnson County, Kansas: Overland Park, Leawood, Shawnee, Lenexa. Also a good option are the suburbs north of Kansas City, in Liberty or Gladstone. I would avoid downtown/midtown and also the upscale Country Club Plaza area, unless you want to risk getting shot.

4/11/2016
Kansas City
Kansas City is a steadily improving city that stradles the border of two states Missouri and Kansas. Not only is the west side booming, to the east there is Blue Springs, north Gladstone,Parkville,Liberty and south there is Lee's Summit, Belton and Raymore. The economy is booming with fortune 500 comapanies, manufacturing, financial sectors (IRS, Federal Reserve) health industry and the tech scene is really coming alive. This is a Foodie town with all kind of restaurants not only the big chain restaurants but hometown restaurants where you can get a hefty dose of midwest hospitality/ We are a die hard sports loving city, win, lose, draw, we root for our home teams Royals, Chiefs, Sporting KC. We also host the Big 12 college basketball tournament in the newly built Sprint Center. If you wait too late to buy your ticket and they sell out, you can walk right across the street to the Power&Light district and watch the game on a 3 story hi screen. Kansas City is a fast growing city. Traffic is a breeze compaired to other cities and did I mention BBQ!!! We are the Host City of the American Royal where people come from miles away to compete and to taste some of the worlds best BBQ. I could go on and on but my fingers are getting tired.

10/11/2015
People
Let me be short here, people here are very un-friendly, very predigest, very, very, very RUDE and will back stab you in a minute. Horrible, horrible place to live in....Will move asap

7/20/2015
People
HORRIFIC....RUDE AND DUMB PEOPLE EVERYWHERE....THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY!!!!

6/10/2015
kansas city big city simple
kansas city i have lived here all of my life ,people are fairly freindlycost of living ok lots of green space thru the citytrees and parks scatterd all the way thru down town/midtown avoid the power and light district ,overpriced and pushy plenty of simple stuff to do

3/15/2015
Terrible City...
Sadly, I agree with most of the negative view on Kansas City; Missouri AND Kansas.... Mia, in her post below,nailed it saying: "People here are really polite but very unfriendly." Couldn't agree more. People are incredibly close minded and have rooted prejudices.Add to that: there are very few coffee shops. You'll find it hard to meet any friendly people. If you have an awesome job offer I'd still say take it, but be prepared for a long and lonely time.

2/21/2015
Great City
I currently live in North Towne KCMO and couldn't be happier. Great schools and a great neighborhood.

8/26/2014
people
The WORST PLACE I'VE EVER LIVED IN...NO NEED TO SAY MORE...!!!!

8/24/2014
Kansas City Metro
Let me make this short!...The Kansas city Metro area which includes some Kansas towns is the worst place I have ever lived in. The people SUCK!!!, never have I have experience such idiotic, unfriendly, low class people in my entire life. People here are very unfriendly , they lie , everybody lies!!!!!...what a red neck , bible worshiping 2 faced culture.. I have to convince my wife now to move again. Please pray for me...And yes...don't move here, even if you have a great job waiting for you...I'm warning you, DON'T DO IT!!!!

3/3/2014
Overall living experience
I moved to northwest Kansas City from western Illinois in 2003. What a great place to live!! As I often tell my wife: "If you can't find what you want within 5 minutes of our home, you probably don't need it."

Getting around is easy due the great interstate system which runs through the city. Come join us!!

5/11/2013
The Best City in the United States, rejected.
Kansas City is not that bad unless you go to the bad parts of it. The only bad parts are the East Side, Kansas City, Kansas, and Independence. The Northland is BEAUTIFUL. If the Northland was it's independent city, I bet it would be on the "Top Best Places to Live List". Also Johnson County, Kansas is very nice too. Kansas City's downtown is actually not dangerous at all, it is one of the safest downtowns, and it is doing much better in crime than it has in the past. The roads aren't that bad here in Kansas City, they are nice, MO-DOT is always doing construction work to make our roads better. The mayor HAS NEVER SAID that he wanted to close the zoo down, and unfriendly people? I don't know what part of Kansas City you come from, but in the Northland, the people couldn't be friendlier, and they are always very kind. There are some bad drivers in Kansas City, but that's just because they are idiots. The Kansas City School District is VERY BAD, but in the Northland, two VERY GREAT school districts are in the area. Park Hill School District has won the Missouri Quality Award, and North Kansas City School District is very good also. The Northland also is a pretty Christian region, many churches and private schools, and the Kansas City Royals are improving, and the Chiefs have some of the loyalist fans in the nation. Sporting KC, who plays in Village West, the very western edge of the Kansas City Vincity, in one of the only good parts of Kansas City, Kansas. If you are a sports fan, Kansas City is one of the best places to move to, in the middle of everything, we have an NFL team, an MLB team that is doing much better than they have in their past, and Sporting KC is an excellent soccer team, almost always at the top of the Eastern Conference, and for you hockey fans, even though the Sprint Center does not have an NHL team, the Independents Event Center, a smaller, but still nice arena, in the suburb that outdates Kansas City, Independence, has a Central Hockey League team named the Missouri Mavericks, who are usually good, and their games are very fun. Also Kansas City has a indoor-football team named the Kansas City Renegades, who play in the Champions Indoor Professional Football League, at the older arena in town, Kemper Arena, we have a women's soccer team who plays in the National Women's Soccer League, named FC Kansas City, who play in Overland Park, Missouri, we have a nice NASCAR racetrack out by Sporting Park, where Sporting KC plays and who is hosting the 2013 MLS All-Star Game, in Village West, Kansas City, Kansas, we have a women's football team named the Kansas City Storm, who play at North Kansas City High School in the suburb of North Kansas City, we have a tennis team, who will be leaving to move to Dallas though after the 2013 season, named the Kansas City Explorers, and for you people who don't like the Royals, or came from a small town, or just plain ol' want to have fun, there is a baseball team, not affiliated with MLB or their minor leagues named the Kansas City T-Bones, who are very succesful, and their games are fun to watch, who play out in Village West, along with Sporting KC, and the NASCAR Kansas Speedway, and lastly, even though AEG, the group that owns the Sprint Center, promised Kansas City and NBA team, it didn't happen, but in Kansas City, most people are college basketball fans, like very freakish fans, and they are divided among, Kansas, Kansas State, and Missouri, so we don't even need an NBA team,(we've hosted the Final Four more times than any other city in the U.S.) but if you are an NBA fan, Kansas City is in the middle of a lot of teams so you are in luck, to the southwest on I-35, you have the Oklahoma City Thunder, to the east via the Chicago/Kansas City Connector Highway (signed as Missouri and Illinois Route 110)you have the Chicago Bulls, west on I-70, you have the Denver Nuggets, north on I-35 you have the Minnesota Timberwolves, and east on I-70 you have the Indiana Pacers, so we've got you covered with NBA teams. Also Kansas City is very good for shopping, with the historic Country Club Plaza, which was the first shopping district ever to be built, we got the huge Oak Park Mall, out in Overland Park, Kansas, we have Crown Center, right near Union Station, LegoLand, and Kansas City Sea Life, we have the Independence Center out in Independence, though I would stay away from there at night, due to that is a crimeful area, and we have Zona Rosa, a nice shopping district in the Northland, not to far down from the airport, and connected to North Kansas City, Downtown, and Crown Center by a bus route, and we have The Legends, an outlet shopping district in Village West. Kansas City also has hosts the Big 12 Basketball Tournament every year, and has 4 arenas, and 2 convention centers. The arenas are: the main one in the Power and Light District, which is a major nightlife district, the Sprint Center, and the oldest one, Munincipal Auditoriam, and an older but not as old as Munincipal, Kemper Arena, and the Independence Events Center in Independence. The two convention centers are the main one, Kansas City Convention Center (also commonly known as Bartle Hall) and the smaller Overland Park Convention Center. Kansas City also is a kid-friendly place, featuring Worlds of Fun, a theme ride amusement park, and Oceans of Fun, a waterpark attached onto Worlds of Fun, the Kansas City Zoo, Schliterbaun Waterpark, out near Village West, many museums, such as the Harry S. Truman Library, the Nelson Atkin's Museum of Art, the Steamboat Arabia Museum, and the Negro League Baseball Museum. Also for you art and performing art lovers, we have the state-of-the-art Performing Arts center called the Kauffman Center (not to be confused with Kauffman Stadium, the Kansas City Royals' stadium), which is newly built in the Performing Arts District. Okay then, my point is Kansas City is NOT a total "in the hood", dangerous, uneducated, unfriendly city, it is the exact opposite, a nice, safe, in most parts, educated, and friendly city. Oh yeah, and by the way, I have NO CLUE where you think that our Chiefs fans are rude, go to the Oakland Raiders games, and see how mean they are to Chiefs fans, they'll beat them up, and Mia from Platte City, I don't know where you got your ideas about the Northland, maybe your mistaking the Northland for Platte City, because to most Kansas Citians, Platte City really isn't part of the Kansas City Area, it is the first city outside of the area, it is north of the airport (which that is hard to get because are airport is on the extreme north part of Kansas City, and it is outside of the I-435 loop, so it is pretty disconnected from Kansas City, even though a lot of people in Platte City, work in Kansas City, and no bus routes even go that far north, the farthest north they go is to the Airport, and only one bus route goes there, so I totally disagree with Mia, the Northland is one of the best parts of Kansas City.

11/13/2012
Telecommuted to this place from California for two
Have traveled extensively across the majority of the US and this is one of the most provincial cities ever seen. Even Arkansian's laugh at the lack of culture.

The only river city I've seen that doesn't have a river district, the entire river is cordoned off from access by warehouses and train tracks that ensure you'll never sleep restfully, the water here smells putrid when it isn't frozen or hosting venomous mosquitos.

Housing is cheap since wages are lower than the national average, only a handful of large employers and the salaries are as bad as the post Katrina economy of New Orleans.

High murder rate that rivals a city five times as large.

The weather here is the worst of the worst, the stickiest summers and frigid winters, global warming avoided this place.

Schools are so terrible they lost their accreditation and taken over by the state of Missouri. Your high school diploma is only valid if applying to a public Missouri university.

No tourism so no out of state dollars flow into this over populated crater.

Zero night life, the downtown district turns into gangland at 6:03 PM every day since the miniscule financial district flees to the suburbs like Baltimore.

Todd Aekin, the legitimate rape congressman is from Missouri, so is Claire McCaskill who is the only person in the state that likes Aiken and was voted the most vulnerable senator guaranteed to lose her seat.

This was the state that elected a dead senators wife instead of electing John Ashcroft, thankfully he got hired by GW Bush for Attorney General, another scurrilous Missourian.

6/27/2012
kansasa city 2012
great place to live and work

4/27/2012
Nada
Nada

3/31/2012
Pretty conservative
Kansas City is pretty conservative - not a progressive city!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Compare Kansas_City, Missouri to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: