Select a New Section:

Comments

Versatile state - 1/12/2016
Where else can you find the most earthquakes in the nation, frequent tornados, hot summers and cold winters.

Tulsa, Oklahoma - 1/11/2016
Compared to other places I have lived us Okies have it fairly cheap, except for the cost of Cox cable LOL...truth! 3 tv's ,internet, and house line Avg. $200.00 bucks a month.

The most backwards and ignorant town in America! - 12/9/2015
Under any circumstances move to this town--I repeat do NOT move to Tulsa unless you're a low-class redneck trailer park trash or a ghetto black person. I've only lived in this town that its somehow called a city for two months and I'm planning my one way exodus out of here ASAP! The most dumb, stupid and racist place to live. Bad schools, bad low waged jobs, poverty like a third world country, ignorant rude drivers who detest pedestrians and black people! If you're a black woman here, expect to be hated by both whites, Latinos and most black men. Black men here find it acceptable to hate black women and chase white women. The landlords rip you off and make up a fake lease for the tenant and then try to illegally evict you if you're black or not from here! Stupid, dumb, fat lazy people everywhere who think they are smarter than you because you're not from Tulsa. High crime! Racist dump! The KKK runs many businesses there. Tulsa county DHS neglect the most vulnerable citizens on society's children! Children are always abused, staved here because they continue to deny aid to biological parents when they need help and ignore child abuse. Felons everywhere. Never live in this dump. Never!

oklahoma sucks - 10/27/2014
lisa i agree 100 percent. finally someone agrees. i am from new york and here becuase of my job. this is the dumbest state i have ever been. people are biased here. you missed a couple of things. you forgot the ugliest town. people are ugly as hell here. everybody looks alike. top 3 overweight state in the country. hillbillies and rednecks everywhere. the food sucks. very uneducated and racist. highest divorce rate in the country. most judgemental place i have ever been in my life. people cant drive here at all. your right about the cops. have you noticed the cops are fat and out of shape and chewing tabacco and spitting everywhere. if you dont have a car your screwed. i dont see anyone walking. worst roads i ever driven on. arrogant pricks. one of the worst educational systems in the country. very disloyal. not efficient at all. a lot of half ass people. oh yeah i am trying to get out. i hate this place. no wonder the south got there asses handed to them during the civil war.

Nice place to live. - 8/21/2014
Many people relocate to Tulsa because of the great prices of houses and apartments, and because the economy is doing well here. I have been in Southeast Tulsa for 2 years now and it definately grows on you! It is what you make of it, but at least you have a fighting chance to have a decent standard of living because there never was 'over speculation' on property during the boom years of real estate. If you want a fresh start, you can rent a nice apartment for as little as $500-700 a month, or a nice house for $900-1300 a month though real estate has been steadily rising. I have read a lot of negative reviews on all the Sperling sites and I wonder if the people who tend to write reviews on the internet are really as unbiased as they think! Oklahomans, both native and transplanted, for the most part, love this state. It has an earthiness about it and I have met many genuine and lovely people here. Although the crime statistics are terrible, I myself, have not seen any crime whatsoever nor been a victim. I have also not seen any drug dealing, meth users or alcohics roaming around town. Just alot of middle class people who seem quite nice. But then again, who knows... I might be biased too and looking at the world through rose colored lenses! But for what it's worth, the whole world has to deal with drugs, prostitution, crime, corruption and all kinds of evil. At least here in the Bible Belt, it'refreshing to see that people are either hot or cold, and not lukewarm... and that, I believe, is a good thing!

Tulsa has its good and bad like any other city - 4/3/2014
I moved here last year from Tennessee. Tulsa is really not a bad city compared to other cities. The economy here is stable with an unemployment rate of 5%, not bad compared to the other cities. Tulsa also has a reputation sort of speak of being a religious "mecca", because there is Rhemas Bible College and Oral Roberts University here. I have visited several religious organizations and the warmth that is displayed is like no other that I have experienced before. The people that I have met in church are loving and warm. On another note, although Tulsa has its good points it also has its bad points. Many of the city schools have F ratings (approx. 95%). The teachers leave you with the impression that they really don't care about the quality of your child's education. They have the "I am not getting paid enough to make sure that the children in my class are receiving a quality education" attitude. And, there is nothing that you can do about it. Education from what people have told me here has been a problem for years. Another problem in Tulsa is alcohol and drug dependency. There are a lot of people here that are either drug or alcohol abusers or in recovery. And, domestic violence seems like it is the norm around here. It is common to see men beat women in the public. However, you will never find the perfect place. It is just not going to happen, even if a city has a reputation as being religious.===

tusa very sad place - 10/13/2013
Tulsa is the most boring and beige place in the country. There is nothing to do. There is no scenery or flowers. Walking is dangerous. Drivers hate pedestrians and people here think if you are taking a walk, like people do all over America, that there is something wrong with you. I was run over while I had the right of way by a woman twice, who then had the nerve to tell me she didn't do it, even as a witness called the paramedics...even after I flew off the roof of her car. The cops here are good ole boys who hate women. If you are in trouble for domestic violence, be careful. One cop told me he should arrest ME for bothering him and wasting his time, then he stayed for an hour wasting his own time, and constantly saying that if I didn't resolve this, he would arrest ME, not the abuser. He would not let me close enough to see his badge. When I was run over the cop did not take my statement, but held up the ambulance to take the woman who hit me's statement. When I called for police report I got a runaround all day. There is no culture or social life. The libraries have hardly any books and even the librarians are uneducated and did not know who Tennessee Williams was. The landlords have full rights and tenants no rights. The water is so bad that the sink plugs turn black and the black can't be washed off. If you are not from here, they hate you. They hate you because you can read and put a sentence together that is logical. The standard answer to any question about any subject is: I don't know or I wasn' there, so I don't know. Jobs pay 1980 wages and they are mostly garbage jobs. There is much white trash and ghetto trash and no noise ordinances. In fact, there are hardly any laws at all that give quality of life. The real problem is the lack of anything to do...How many times can you spend money on the ballet? The restaurants are overpriced and very very bad. The food in supermarkets is standard with hardly any interesting food unless you want to go to Whole Foods and spend a fortune. People are just nasty, stupid and rude. Yet they think they are really smart. Walmart is the only place to go. The weather is awful. Sometimes 118 in summer and dank and damp in winter. People live in their cars and then they go home and you cannot meet anyone just walking as you can in other places. Do not live here if you want a normal life.

do not live in Tulsa - 10/13/2013
Tulsa is the most boring and beige place in the country. There is nothing to do. There is no scenery or flowers. Walking is dangerous. Drivers hate pedestrians and people here think if you are taking a walk, like people do all over America, that there is something wrong with you. I was run over while I had the right of way by a woman twice, who then had the nerve to tell me she didn't do it, even as a witness called the paramedics...even after I flew off the roof of her car. The cops here are good ole boys who hate women. If you are in trouble for domestic violence, be careful. One cop told me he should arrest ME for bothering him and wasting his time, then he stayed for an hour wasting his own time, and constantly saying that if I didn't resolve this, he would arrest ME, not the abuser. It didn't occur to this loser that it is his job to help resolve this or arrest the abuser. He abused me more. He would not let me close enough to see his badge. When I was run over the cop did not take my statement, but held up the ambulance to take the woman who hit me's statement. When I called for police report I got a runaround all day. There is no culture or social life. The libraries have hardly any books and even the librarians are uneducated and did not know who Tennessee Williams was. The landlords have full rights and tenants no rights. The water is so bad that the sink plugs turn black and the black can't be washed off. If you are not from here, they hate you. They hate you because you can read and put a sentence together that is logical. The standard answer to any question about any subject is: I don't know or I wasn' there, so I don't know. Jobs pay 1980 wages and they are mostly garbage jobs. There is much white trash and ghetto trash and no noise ordinances. In fact, there are hardly any laws at all that give quality of life. The real problem is the lack of anything to do...How many times can you spend money on the ballet? The restaurants are overpriced and very very bad. The food in supermarkets is standard with hardly any interesting food unless you want to go to Whole Foods and spend a fortune. People are just nasty, stupid and rude. Yet they think they are really smart. Walmart is the only place to go. The weather is awful. Sometimes 118 in summer and dank and damp in winter. People live in their cars and do not walk so you can not meet anyone just walking as you can in other places. Do not live here if you want a normal life. There are really no neighborhoods where there are shops and coffee places to hang out. It is very much in your car and home.

You'll "Go Back In Time" Living in Tulsa...in a ne - 10/12/2013
Good place to live only if you're a doctor, lawyer, nurse, IT professional, engineer or retired rich person (or married to one)! Other jobs/occupations will pay you crap wages. School systems suck unless your family can afford to live in the suburbs (Broken Arrow, Jenks, Union, Bixby, etc.) Racism is alive and well. (This ALSO applies to acquiring a job.) Roads/highways/bridges are crappy and forever being worked on...AT A SNAILS' PACE! Oklahoma Turnpike System is a joke! No change? Unless you're driving on a MAJOR interstate or highway (Creek Turnpike), there are no toll both workers AND be lucky if there's a working change machine--which, usually there's not. You should see the number of drivers back up and change lanes for that! Shoot, I had to myself because I had forgotten twice due to being in a hurry! Oh, and DON'T let me get started on rest stops, but I will--THEY ARE OPEN SHACKS AND FULL OF DANGEROUS PEOPLE LURKING ABOUT! Raised in Tulsa, earned my college degree and then left the state ASAP! My quality of life has instantly improved (along with my paycheck)! I miss my family and friends (visiting them as often as I can) but don't want to move back there.

Good place to live - 9/29/2013
Love this city, lots of lakes, rivers,100 mile of bike trails available that circles the city,homes are affordable to buy, rents are high,this city has lots of eclectic parts , lots of live music, fabulous downtown scene. The downtown has seen a huge influx of young professionals. Beautiful homes & lots of shopping offered from organic markets to farmers markets most of the year. BOK brings big names monthly - jimmy buffet for one. Just a fabulous place to call home.

Cheap...but disheartening - 9/4/2013
Its very cheap to live here yes, but everything else is pretty depressing about Oklahoma. The only priority is the energy market, while everything else goes to the wayside. The wages are low in every field, crime is high, education is atrocious, roads are terrible, cities are shrinking, and a huge portion of the population are lazy white trash. Meth is a huge problem. Parts of Tulsa are growing, which is a plus, but its still 5 years behind most of the rest of the country. There's no scenery, which is a huge bummer for someone outdoorsy like me. The weather is terrible, either extremely hot or extremely cold, with about 5 weeks of decent weather per year. Don't move here.

tulsa, ok - 6/30/2013
A comfortable home town with lots to offer. As a non-religious person, I'm happy that no one hassles me about church-going.

Tulsa is a good town, overall! - 12/9/2012
I'll be moving to Tulsa within the year because I love the city in comparison to where I live now, which is Cedar Park, TX area. Why have I chosen Tulsa? One, Tulsa has a much more affordable housing market than Cedar Park, TX (and Austin area). Two, property taxes are much lower than in Texas and larger lots are abundant in Tulsa. Three, the soil is GREAT in the Tulsa, OK area and I love to plant, so looking very forward to that. Here in Cedar Park, the soil is chock full of limestone rock and gardening is a nightmare. Four, I absolutely love the people in Tulsa and the restaurants. Tulsa actually has some of the top restaurant start up programs in the country and is full of great restaurants that have been around for years. Five, I love the moderate weather and will be glad to be leaving the annual 4 months of deadly heat of Central Texas. Texas, in general, is full of people who really aren't happy, so forget about Texas being friendly because it just isn't true in most cases. The middle & high schools have alot of problems with bullying here in Williamson County, Texas and you see the attitudes in the faces of the youth here. Very sad. Six, I'll basically be giving myself an automatic $8,000/yr. pay raise by moving to Tulsa. Yes, Oklahoma has a State income tax, but the money you save in the lower sales tax rates, property taxes, housing costs, fuel and other things outweighs the income tax I'll now be paying. In Texas, there isn't a State income tax, but you pay a high 8.25% sales tax on everything, along with high property taxes and housing. Oklahoma is UTOPIA for me financially and the prettier scenery just adds to the win-win for me. The only drawbacks Tulsa has are worse city roads. Tulsa needs to seriously work on getting their city roads re-done. There are places all over the city where the city has literally changed alleys into roads (very strange). And I don't think I'll ever figure out why Oklahomans LOVE to stop so much at convenience stores.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Compare Tulsa, Oklahoma to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: