Select a New Section:

New_York

Start Your Review of New_York, NY

3/5/2016
I Love New York
As far as the outdoors, New York is a beautiful state with a lot to offer than most people think. New York has two of the best state parks in the country. Watkins Glen and Letchworth State Parks are great places to go hiking and enjoy the outdoors. The finger lakes region is beautiful as well as up north in the Adirondack mountains. Autumn is a great time of year to spend outdoors and enjoy the foliage. New York is such a dynamic state. Between large cities such as NYC, Syracuse, Albany, Rochester, Buffalo, and the vast amounts of farmlands and villages; New York State has it all. New York City has a lifetime of places to see and things to due. It is a truly amazing and powerful city.

11/4/2015
Access to great healthcare
There are many things I love about New York but the top of my list is the easy access to the best healthcare anywhere.

8/19/2015
Weather
Very cold but nice to live.

4/2/2015
NY (Long Island)
Housing market is painfully high. Explains why it so many people live with their parents until they are 30.

3/21/2015
Living in New York not the City
Imagine you have been transported to a place where all you can see is rolling hills, mountains in the distance, more sheep and cows than people.. Farms, covered bridges, old homes from the Revolutionary War days .. That is what you get when you visit or live in "Upstate" New York .
The people are friendly and helpful, hard working and caring. Like most people anywhere in the world, they work, have families and just want to be happy.
It is a wonderful place to visit and a very good place to call home.

2/16/2015
hi
looking to move to tennessee

2/4/2015
New York
Grew up here all my life and I like that i can travel out to the hamtpons or the city in a short travel time. No complaints just sometimes curious for a change.

1/29/2015
Varied
Widely varied climate. Cold and snowy in winter, warm and pleasant in summer. Experience all four seasons.

12/25/2014
Economy
Still good.

12/17/2014
Retirement expense
New York State has higher taxes than many states and that effects ones ability to retire comfortably. The long winter creates an additional cost for heating as well.

2/2/2014
Long Island, all in all, STINKS!
Long Island is absolutely by far the worst place I've ever lived in my life & I'm going on 60 years old. The summers are unbearably hot & humid, it's nothing but a hideous conglomeration of malls, stores, & urban wasteland, the traffic is absolutely insane, & all the people are nasty, paranoid, shallow, neurotic, money-oriented jerks! It is grossly overcrowded at 5,402 people per square mile. The rich kids are spoiled rotten & disrespectful, & the poor kids are belligerent, dangerous, & disrespectful. It's ridiculously expensive & unless you're a high-level professional it's almost impossible to make ends meet. I lived there for 18 years & let me tell you, when I moved away, I shook the dust from my feet & swore I'd never go back again. I haven't, either.

11/23/2013
Taxes, taxes, taxes
It just keeps getting worse. I make 20% more than the average for the area and still struggle. State and local taxes go up every year. No surprise people are leaving NY in droves.

9/11/2013
Long Island weather
Living on the South Shore of Long Island we are the first -in line to get hit with the hurricanes etc that our fall weather is notorious for. On avg I would say there are about 30 nice enough days out of the year to enjoy. Winter-cold windy-n'easters-snow and tons of moisture all year round! Summer 85 avg with 80pct humidity-it may look nice outside but you'll regret stepping out the front door-unbearable! For every 2 days of decent weather-rain -humidity-always a chance of thunderstorms and should you enjoy that type weather-get ready for hi risk of west Nile Virus from the 20 mosquito bites you'll get in an hour-love all the pesticides they spray over us!! Oh-Spring-if we are lucky to have one (every few years we are!) don't even think about opening a window coz you-everything you own and every pet will be green from Pollen!! Looks real pretty in pics tho!! Ever wonder why NYers are stereotypically known as unfriendly? Every other day and every single is a battle of extremes-Good Riddance-Southern Calif bound!!

5/6/2013
In the Mountains
New York can be very beautiful north and west of NYC. We have low crime and beautiful weather in summer. Winter can be too long for seniors, but the medical care is very good.

1/31/2013
binghamton NY - you have to find your community
And its not easy, it took me over a year. Binghamton is kind of depressed but it is looking up. At least it's headed in the right direction. No trains. Bus to NYC is about 3 hours. Beware of student housing. Land lords take advantage of the student community. Consult a crime map before moving into a neighborhood.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Compare New_York, New York to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: