Select a New Section:

Tennessee

Start Your Review of Tennessee, TN

1/29/2016
Don't Waste Your Time
Horrible schools, air pollution, lakes are so polluted you can't eat the fish, mean nasty people, low pay, and overall a bad place to chose to live. I have lived here 30 years and I'm outta here.

11/10/2015
Humidity in Tennessee
Jodi from St. Michael - did you ever move to TN or elsewhere? I live in SW Florida now and its too hot and humid.
Carla from Elk River, MN

7/14/2015
I love Tennessee
Rolling hills, beautiful countryside, mountains, lakes, streams, parks and greenways, history, music, and a culture all it's own. Tennesseans simply laugh when referred to as "redneck hillbillies." Why? Because we're smart enough to know that a redneck hillbilly is a state of mind that can be found anywhere. Sure, we have our issues - pollution and narrow minded ignorance - but this can be found everywhere. Tennessee is what you make it.

1/8/2015
looking to moe to Tennessee
Hi everyone.

My husband and I are looking to move to Tennessee (N.E) and build our dream home. We love the country and would love to have the beautiful mountain view, but we also want to be close enough to the city life. I have a daughter in college studying early childhood education so being in an area or close where she could eventually find a teaching job would be very important as well. Any suggestions of places to live? All your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

12/31/2014
Knoxville
There are many who say Knoxville is not a good place to live, especially people from the north. Well, it is a great place to live, especially the suburbs. The people of Knoxville are very nice, the nature, the beauty, and the overall atmosphere is great. Housing prices are amazingly low as are taxes.

To my northern friends who have sour grapes, you have to understand that when you "talk down" to southern people, they don't take it very well. So, look at yourselves and your own attitude that seeps out towards them. If you treat them with respect, they will do the same for you. But, for the most part, northern people do bring with them prejudices they learned in the north about southern people that are not true. So you are probably projecting it.

There is a saying in the south, "I won't put up with your uppety Yankee BS." And it's true. They won't.

I moved here to the south and have loved being here for the past 20 years. I have a home in the country and a beautiful lake house that I'm selling and I'd love to sell it to a good Yankee or anyone else who wants to make the south their home.

I'm staying. Don't miss the North at all.

7/5/2014
housing
like to images of housing for section8

2/2/2014
Considering moving to TN
I'm considering moving to TN to retire, I currently live in CO, and would like any input on living there? Climate, people, living and so on. I'm living on SSDI and I have always loved the mountains I live in the high desert of CO and it is all sage brush I'm looking forward to green trees and 4 seasons of the year.

9/6/2013
gathering info...
we are looking to move here....

1/30/2011
Living in Southeast Tennessee
Rural, beautiful mountains, river and forests. Not convenient to shopping or cultural activities. Not an easy place to meet people with similar interests.

10/14/2010
Great place to live
Wonderful climate (four seasons) and friendly areas all around

8/14/2010
Not a 4 season state
I researched Nashville Tn before moving here and was so sorry that everything I had read was wrong. There are only 2 seasons here hot as hell or cold as crud. There is a saying here if you don't like the weather, wait (meaning it will be worse tomorrow)

5/11/2010
Very Red
I'm a native Tennesseean, and find its politics to be alarmingly retrograde.

4/25/2010
Cleveland, a place to live or a place to retire...
We've had the opportunity to see this community grow over the last 22 years. We moved here as a result of our 2nd transfer. Retirement was just a very distant thought. Now two years away from retirement would we consider retiring here? Well that is a difficult question. On one hand my beloved daughter and beloved son-in-law live here as well as my son. I love them all & would not enjoy being away from them. But on the other hand most of my relatives live in Oregon and Washington. Hmmmm.
Cleveland is in the deep south and is in the Bible belt. We are Christians and enjoy our church and church family. We are not far from great fishing, rafting, camping, boating, and the outdoor list goes on. We have a volunteer symphony, a volunteer acting group in their infancy, car shows minimum of once a month in town as well as several in the surrounding 100 miles, Not far away is an award winning aquarium and in the same city is a 1 week long music festival every year that brings in the big name groups and entertainers. Florida is 5 hours away by car and coastal resorts a little further. For those who adore golf, Agusta is about 5 hours away. Spring is beautiful but laden with pollens. Places to eat are quite numerous and varied from the fast food restaurants to a resturant that serves some exotic items from around the country. We have a small mall locally and a much larger one 20 miles away.
Well, that is all I want to say right now. Don't want to give away all the secrets to this little town. Stop by and look it over on your way up or down I75.

2/12/2010
Totally Poor Health Care
I am Disabled and I wear an; A.F.O. ( ankle foot orthotic )Brace.
Hanger Prosthesis & Orthotics, in my opinion, is the worst Company I have ever encountered to fit me with an A.F.O.. I have been waiting 8 months to receive a fitted A.F.O. from HANGER PROSTHESIS & ORTHOTICS and it should have taken NO more than 2 months MAX!!! I have used 2 other Companies for previous A.F.O.s; Restorative Health Services and Superior Health Services, and neither of them took over 2 months to make any of my Braces; I do have documents to support my allegation's.
BJ Stagner, Fitter & Field Manager for Hanger Prosthetics & Orthotics; in my opinion, does not know how to conduct business as a Professional nor does he know how to Fit me with an A.F.O.. I believe I "hurt his feelings" back in July/August 2009 and since then he has Slow Walked me on my Brace.
Mr. Stagner who I feel is responsible for me not receiving a Brace, has caused me Pain, Suffering, Depression, Anxiety, and further physical and emotional problems. Due to a condition I suffer from; called "Foot Drop", has caused me to Fall To The Ground several times further injuring my body.
So as a Citizen of Murfreesboro Rutherford County TN. I would suggest that No one go to Hanger Prosthetics & Orthotics for the care and making of an A.F.O., "in my opinion"!!!

John S. McPeak

2/12/2010
Totally Poor Health Care
I am Disabled and I wear an; A.F.O. ( ankle foot orthotic )Brace.

John S. McPeak

1 2 3

Compare Tennessee, Tennessee to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: