has written 2 SperlingViews. Currently, Rome is living in Irvine, CA and has a little something to say:
|Email:||Contact Rome via email |
Dallas: moving on! Posted On: 6/8/2009 2:50:21 PM
Some warnings about Dallas:
1. Very hard to get a job, regardless of your degree or credentials, if you don't know someone. The "good old boy network!"
2. Cliquish - even among people in their 30's & 40's?
3. Has a tone of DUI’s
4. Invented "Keeping up with the Jones's"
5. Has bad allergies
6. Is an extremely boring place to live! I don't mean this to be disrespectful, it's just that my girlfriend & I aren't into shopping, sports, or boating and that just about covers all that there is to do.
7. The people are very bland and I don't see alot of happy people or interesting people. Not conservative just not "free thinking" in ANY since of the word.
8. Many people from foreign countries are moving in to supply the engineering jobs etc., but I don't see any other growth in job opportunities...
8. It is affordable, safe in the suburbs, and has alot of companies in the area, plus Texans are proud of their city & state which is nice to see.
OC - Only Chinese Posted On: 8/3/2008 10:14:22 PM
You have to be kidding me right? This is some sort of joke...Irvine has had a 36% population change and has a 36% asian demographic. Coincidence? In 5 short years they've increased to 36% of Irvine! Where not talking about asian-americans or people who immigrated here as children. We're talking about fresh off the boat asians speaking chinese. Obviously, chinese companies have relocated here...Irvine is flooded with asians, middle-easterners,hispanics,europeans, canadians, etc. why in the heck should you even be a citizen anymore and what the hell is going on? They have jobs, home/auto loans, and posses all the rights a citizen enjoys. This is not diversity it's a third world disneyland with a phenomenal marketing department.