We have place information on 13 very cool categories, pick one or scroll down to see an overview.

Comments

Las Vegas to Henderson, Nv - 5/20/2015
After living all over the Las Vegas valley I made the move down to Henderson last year. So far I LOVE it. The overall quality of life is, for the most part, a lot better here. I plan to stick around for several years!

LAVERNE
Henderson, NV
BE SOMEWHERE ELSE JUNE THROUGH SEPTEMBER - 4/9/2015
TOO HOT TO HANDLE! OTHERWISE GORGEOUS BUT VERY DRY.

David & Joann
Schwenksville, PA
Relocation in mind for Henderson - 2/11/2015
My Wife and I are thinking about moving to Henderson NV. We know Very Little about the town. We seek information from people who live in town so we can get the Real views of what the town is like. We seek Warmth for one, Safe areas where you can take a walk at night and not be fearful of being robbed or hurt . I am in the Mining field and was told there are mines in the area that hire on a regular bases. I work above ground and drive a 100 Ton Mine Hual truck.
We Now live in Pennsylvania but are so tired of the snow and cold and ice. We have lived in 7 states in our years for I was in the Military as a Navy Seal Commander so moved around alot. We seek to make this our last move. Any ideas would be very helpful. Thank you, take care all and Bless You all. David & JOann

Christine
Henderson, NV
Senior Health Care - 12/1/2014
Poor senior health care. Limited doctors and long waits to get appointments. Hospital ER's are all packed

Its hot hot hot - 8/8/2014
The only thing I don't like about Henderson is the summers. That may sound crazy for some- but it is so hot during those 4 months that it makes it hard to do any outdoor living. If you want to take the dogs to the park or walk in the park, it has to be real early- say before 9am. Of course unless you like to sweat to death.

Tracy
Calhan, CO
Arthritis - 12/13/2013
We are thinking seriously of moving to a climate that is conducive and helpful for arthritis and surgical areas that get very sore in cold weather...Does Henderson have any kind of pool for re-hab??

Weather in Henderson - 3/9/2013
I always say that Henderson has Nevada skies and California sunshine. The weather is really easy to live with here.

Henderson/Las Vegas - 9/16/2012
Cheap housing, great entertainment......BUT Vegas area is VERY secluded!
You can get anyplace around town in 30 minutes. This town get's old fast.Im always driving to LA or PHX....Moved here in 2001, departed in 2003 but returned in 2010 and cant wait to leave. Its a good place to visit, and it's cheap to fly/stay however there are so many more awsome cities in this US. Think twice before moving to Vegas.........I grew up on the atlantic ocean in Florida, have lived in Scottsdale,AZ, Houston,TX, Denver,CO (denver is really amazing) and Calabasas,CA......ask me anything if you want.have a nice day.

places to live - 8/21/2012
places to lives seems the same alot even when changing things around.

Temp - 2/9/2012
Perfect temps year round

Illegal to start a business in your own garage/hom - 12/17/2011
After serving my country overseas for decades I purchased a house here 3 years ago. My parents have lived here for 25 years or so.

The only thing I wanted to do was start a small business in a small shop behind my house and help take care of my parents. I spent 11 years purchasing mills and lathes and storing them here, getting ready so everything was squared away when the time came. I purchased a home with a huge shop in the back (already made). Poured a new concrete floor etc., to get everything ready.

I left Afghanistan a few months ago to start it. Happiest time of my life right! First thing I did was go down to the City Hall to get a business license. Imagine my surprise to find out that in Henderson, NV it is ILLEGAL to have any kind of home based business in your garage or shop. Unbelievable. Never in my wildest dreams did I even imagine that people could ban people from having a business in their own homes. They have taken that freedom away.

So if Steve Jobs were here, it would have been illegal for him to start Apple computer. There would have been no Ford Motor Company, Hewlett-Packard or Harley-Davidson, etc. No wonder the country is so screwed up. All over this town are over-priced, industrial parks with row after row of empty buildings.

They want 2k and up a month to rent them. Gee, I wonder why they are empty? Guess what you Henderson City Hall Rocket Scientist's? You killed off the start-ups before they had a chance to get big enough to need a 2,000 a month commercial building. I guess it's more important to keep the people that own the empty industrial parks paid than to give people their freedom to do what they want to do.

So for me, instead of starting a business and maybe hiring some people later as my business grows, I'm selling off everything. Thanks Henderson. Thanks a lot. So much for entrepreneurship and helping small businesses. Come to Henderson if you want to flip burgers at McDonald's or work as a checkout person at WalMart. But if your an entrepreneur, my advise is stay as far away from this town as possible.

Henderson, NV - 9/24/2011
I have lived in Henderson, NV for 3 years and I think that it's a great city and everyone that I have met are all very friendly. I do not have any small children that go to school here however, I heard that the "Green Valley" area has very good schools. By the way, the shopping is great at the "Gallera Mall" on Sunset Blvd plus, there are alot of great restaurants in the area to choose from.

Unemployment in Nevada is at an all time high - 7/31/2011
There is little diversity in the job market in southern Nevada. The casinos are the number one employer here. Lost jobs and home forclosures run rapid. Henderson is a much more community interest city than Las Vegas.

cost of living in high - 6/2/2011
I would not believe the cost of living index for Henderson, NV. We pay an average of $600 a month for gas, electric and water and we live in a Pulte single story energy star home! We live in a igloo! We only turned our heater on a few times last winter. We make really good money and can not afford to live here anymore since the cost of living has more than doubled since we moved here 10 years ago. No income tax but there are plenty of other fees and taxes to make up for that; ie. car registration, LID's etc!!! Our electric costs get as high as $550 in the summer with the thermostat set at 78. Keep in mind, summer can last from April to Sept. Nevada does not get a break on the cost of water either even though we have Lake Mead because of the agreements that were made when the dam was built.

Clark County Museum - 1/26/2011
The best Museum in the area, and the cheapest! (1-2 dollars per person) The street of historic homes that one can self-tour, is the best part, but right now in the Main Exhibit Building, there is a great exhibit with funny vintage TV commercials from the 50's and 60's...This place is a treat in the winter, because so much is outdoors...visit now before summer comes....but when it does, the houses are all air-conditioned...you just may not want to spend a lot of time exploring the Ghost Town and Mining Trail in the summer months.
Open Daily, 9-4:30pm, except major holidays. www.clarkcountynv.gov, 702-455-7955.

1 2 3 4

Compare Henderson, Nevada to any other place in the USA.