Select a New Section:

Missouri

Start Your Review of Missouri, MO

12/5/2015
missouri
Missouri is a mixed bag - like most states. Politically, it is very conservative. Mo has the most restrictive laws in the U.S. on abortion, marijuana,and public access to govt. records. On the flip-side, it has some of the least restrictive laws on firearms, property ownership and sex offenses. So, if you are a rich, gun-toting pedophile, welcome to the Show-Me-State. Physically, the state is beautiful and offers great recreational opportunities. I live, and have lived my entire life, near the Ozark National Scenic Riverways, which almost makes the Bible thumping, 'the'll ner take our guns,'gay-hating mentality of the majority tolerable.
Notice I said almost. After 40 years here, my wife and I are getting ready to retire and move to Atlantic Canada. In a nutshell, if you are a liberal, or really even just a mod dem as we are,this is not the place for you.

8/19/2015
Missouri sucks
Don't move to Missouri. Most of the state is very country and conservative. I hate it here.

10/25/2014
Looking for a retirement state
Looking for retirement area. Lots of lakes. Would also be interested in Arkansas..

2/2/2014
Worst place to live
It is the most filthy place to live I have ever been. The locals are all related and look at any new people as their income. You will be ripped off EVERY time you hire someone to work on your home. There is no law saying someone has to be certified, so some guy claiming to be a plumber, electrician, roof repair, ect will not only charge you much more than other locals, but will not do the job right, i hired so many people and some actually laughed in my face as they took my money, and left my family to suffer, sparks shooting out of my electrical, roof pouring in rain, you get the picture.

I am not making this up, all the small towns around here do this and though i know this happens everywhere, i have never seen a people so warped and mentally ill enough as to be so unashamed. There is no shame here, there is also no law, the sheriff will show up but will do nothing, and even the locals feel the same about the so called law enforcement....do NOT move here for any reason, you will have a very big x painted on your back...the X stands for here comes another sucker, ha! HA!

6/12/2013
cost of living
The state of Missouri is not a good retirement state.

3/29/2013
MO weather
MIssouri is known for it's changing weather. There are definitely four season although spring and fall are rapidly disappearing. Winters are usually pretty mild with moderate snow but 2012/2013 has had heavy snowfall. Also, summers are HOT and HUMID.

11/29/2012
Getting worse here
The crime rate here where we are now, is getting worse and we are ready to relocate to somewhere new and start fresh. We are hoping that Elk City will be the place for us.

11/18/2010
Life in Missouri
Its cold in the winter and hot in the summer but over all a good place to live

7/4/2010
Midwest - cost of living
Coming from the Northwest, you can find a lower cost of living and better employment. Kansas City has many
features, food, micro breweries, coffee shops, fine dining that you would find in the Northwest. Housing is lower
the recent "power and light district" is very Portland Oregon like...

7/4/2010
Midwest - cost of living
the recent "power and light district" is very Portland Oregon like...

9/25/2009
Great
There are a lot of different and interesting things to do in Missouri. Something for everybody!

9/12/2009
Overland, Missouri is a great location, central an
Although Overland is an older community it has a great location! It is close to Clayton, the Airport, downtown and Major Highways. There is affordable living for all people in all walks of life. They have a Community Center to enjoy. They have wonderful parks, ie. Mort Jacobs Park, Norman Meyers Park to name a few, there are many to explore, a Nature Park at Midland and Ashby. Ample shopping includes Schnucks, Food for Less and Shop N Save. Not far from the Metro Link. The VFW Hall on Midland near Woodson has the BEST FISH FRY IN TOWN! Muenks Tax Service is a 3rd generation local company in town and Overland Hardware is the place to go for all your hardware needs!!!!

7/7/2009
100 degrees in three months
It can go from 100 to 0 degrees in 90 days or less - or the other way around! The winters really are not bad and we get plenty of nice pretty snows, but the summers can be horribly hot especially in the cities. If you are in Southern MO where it's hilly, rural and there's lots of trees, it's not so bad. Here in KC, it's hot and humid and there's no big bodies of water. I miss living near the ocean, but I like the snow. Last summer, I thought I would almost rip my face off - I was so hot! I went to Florida in August and it was cooler!

6/26/2009
Life In General
Troy, MO is a town/city not as small as Bryant Pond, ME where I lived as a child but no where near as large as St. Charles, MO. Unless you live in the city commute is the magic word. You are within 45-60 minutes away from conveniences of city living. We have small strip malls here in town. If you are looking for Sears, Home Depot or stores other than Wal-Mart you need to go to Wentzville, St. Peters, St. Charles or even St. Louis. There are plenty of routes to use to get to your desinations as long as you don't mind the commute. You can feel secure living in a small some what friendly location. It is hot and humid for a 2-4 weeks in the summer. Land locked, and the food at restaurants is average. After living in New England for 30 years I have spent 11 years here and my list of fine dining is short. The price of homes varies from inexpensive older homes to expensive newer developments. You must be very careful not to buy the fixer upper that has structural damage. If you are unfortunate enough to purchase one of these there is little to no recourse to recoupe your monies. This is also the case for modular homes as well. It's an okay place but I am not planning on retiring here.

12/20/2008
cold
St.Louis
Well.............
IDK
really theres alot of wierd people here
if you like to party have fun
forget about it.
but im thinking about moving to flordia
and well as i see most people dont like liveing where they live.
Everyone wants something new
so come to st.louis and enjoy

1 2

Compare Missouri, Missouri to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: