Select a New Section:

Home / United States  /  Pennsylvania / Metro Areas / Counties / Cities / Zip Codes

Start Your Review of Pennsylvania, PA

1/4/2016
jobs
We need jobs now bring back gas, oil and coal. I moved back to Pennsylvania in 2008 so my wife could be close to her family and I found a job at halliburton rather quickly they got my cdl for me I lost that job in 2012 it took a year but I was given a job at universal well service that lasted till 2015 at both jobs my average income was enough to keep my wife at home to be a mother (her choice).
Now i am looking for work and I don't want to work at creps for 9$ a hour.

12/30/2015
Live in Philadelphia
I am a real estate broker and would like to use these tools for my benefit as well as my clients

8/16/2015
Williamsport
I wouldn't recommend anyone relocating to consider to move to Williamsport. This little town trying to be a city is definitely not a good environment, specially for family with kids. There are a lot of drugs on the streets, heroin specially, and drive by shootings specially at the downtown parks. Since the gas companies the cost of living went up so much that is almost impossible to rent, specially compared to the income and jobs that the town has to offer. All the city cares is College kids that leave their money at Pennsylvania College of Technology, little league in the summer, and the local hospital (Susquehanna health system). The security provided by the police is slow and deficient, and so does the judicial system. It's sad to say that the town has dramatically changed for the worst in the last decade.

1/14/2015
crime
murder and disrepect among young adults

10/20/2014
johnstown, pa.
I have lived in this area for 40 years. I am tired of the snowstorms, rain, and sunless days. The cost of living is low, but the lack of nice weather really affects the quality of life.

9/23/2014
Pennsylvania cost of living
Pennsylvania cost of living in the southeast area is increasing due to a growing population and less and less support for State government especially school taxes

7/28/2014
Pennsburg PA
Described as a sleepy town, it's a great place to raise a family.

5/4/2013
Taxes
The tax burden in Pa. keeps going up. I moved here from Md. to get away from oppressive taxes but now I am looking for somewhere else to go.

12/11/2012
Best City/area/place to live?! Torn between a few.
I am looking into moving to PA, soon, as my Husband is getting ready to get out of the military. We are from NY, but don't want to go back to the town we are from. We are really leaning towards PA. & I'm torn between a few places!
My Husband is going to be working in the IT field, so a big business or colleges may be a good place for a job for him. I will be doing something in the animal field, Vet Assisting/Tech.

We aren't sure where are actual GOOD places to live & raise a family.

Here are some we are considering! I want to hear opinions, the good the bad, anything!

Poconos area. I am almost very set on the Poconos. I am just not certain where he would get a networking job near there...

Reading, PA. I have heard such mixed things about this place, but we wouldn't want to live IN Reading anyways. We are thinking more along the outskirts. There are PLENTY of jobs near there.
Wyomissing/Sinking Spring. There are a bunch of jobs surrounding this area, most within like 7-20 minutes, which is ideal.
What is Wyomissing like and what are the best places around there or around Reading to be?!

Shohola area? Not positive on jobs there.. but heard it was nice.

State College.

Ideally we want somewhere safe, clean, decent, we will have to figure out the cost of living & of course there has to be jobs there!

There are TOO many options & we need some help, so if anyone has advice on any of those, let me know! :)
We are considering other places as well. So if you know of something that is a great place to live, please let me know!

9/2/2012
relocation....
I am hoping to relocate to Pennsylvania in a few years and build a log cabin home.. where would be the best place to go as I am a "city person"
'

8/10/2012
Have fun and relax
The Poconos, a place to come to see nature at its best. Hiking, canoeing, fishing, hunting, outdoor activities, camping.

6/16/2012
Four seasons
Pennsylvania offers a nice balance of 4 seasons.

9/4/2011
weather
I live in eastern pa I have all four season and they all go to extremes sometimes

4/4/2011
Best Place To Live
Pennsylvania is a great place to live and raise your family. We moved here in the winter of 1998 from the mid-west and have found the people here very friendly. The first year was hard for my wife and kids but now they have said that they would never move back to the mid-west. We live a few minutes out of Tamaqua and love living in the country and have many more friends than in the mid-west where both me and my wife grow up. For all the people that think the taxes and cost of living is expensive here need to do some research and find out how much more expenise living in places like the St Louis,Mo area are.

11/24/2010
It's Not That Bad
Harrisburg is a some what underrated city... it has its problems with education, transportation, and infrastructure. But it makes up for that is its cultural experience. For such a SMALL city it does a amazing job on its art in the city, and its higher education is not bad either, Penn State, Temple, Harrisburg U, Kaplan, and HACC, which by the way is one of the best commuity colleges on the east coast and even the USA. So if you have your doubts about how the city appeals, remember that all cities have there problems, and because of its size, it is doing a pretty good job on trying to keep it in check.

1 2 3 4

Compare Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: