Walterboro, South Carolina Comments

"Crime"

Crime - 9/24/2012
9 6
stacey

What I would like to say about walterboro is that the crime here is bad I live just 10 miles from there and I am hear every other day about a crime that has been committed,it is not funny when you commit a crime so if you do not want to do the time then do not commit the crime, plus to people out there that commit crimes why ruin your life over a crime you committed, when if you look back on that crime it was something stupid or just plain silly.

back to Walterboro, South Carolina Add a New Comment Report Abuse

Login to reply to Comments. (Membership is Free)

More Walterboro, South Carolina Comments

Timothy
Walterboro, SC

Walterboro, South Carolina - Proud to call my home - 1/7/2017

I have read several negative reviews of my hometown of Walterboro. This "modern" generation of slobs seems to have a very sour view of life in general, and a deep disrespect for most everything, so I am not surprised. The truth of the matter is that Walterboro, South Carolina, is a beautiful town. Colleton County as a whole is a beautiful place in which to live. Many very attractive communities exist in our county. There are numerous beautiful parks within the Town of Walterboro itself. Great Swamp sanctuary (as it was previously known and should still be known) is a beautiful park with many trails and boardwalks to enjoy. Edisto Beach is very picturesque with a small-town beach atmosphere, reminiscent of bygone days. As for the unappreciative who see no true beauty in anything, including themselves, I doubt that many of those people have been down the old Combahee Road. I am glad. They are too unappreciative and disrespectful to appreciate such glorious beauty, because they are unable. These same people are unable to show respect for anything or anyone. Perhaps they are the same ones who have littered our beautiful Colleton County with so much roadside trash that no one seems to care about cleaning up. I love Walterboro and Colleton County, and I would highly recommend this town and county to anyone as a place to visit and enjoy a day or a place to live. Very sincerely, Timothy L. Nicholas

stacey
Cottageville, SC

Crime - 9/24/2012

Taills
Cottageville, SC

Awwww yeah: - 6/26/2010

Oh man, remember that time there was a drive by at the funeral? That was crazy. Not the one last week, but the month before where they had that grenade? THAT ONE. Anyway, this guy doesn't know anything about safe! As long as you're wearing a seat belt, everything is a-okay 100% fine here. Just remember to duck occasionally for no reason whatsoever as well. As for the education, check me out! Full grammar thanks to firefox spell check and Valedictorian with a grade average of 73! In Walterboro, anything is possible (as long as it's lower than a 73).

Seth
Walterboro, SC

My City - 8/22/2008

Walterboro,South Carolina is a great place to live.Yes we have our faults but hey what city doesn't.We are experiencing growth population wise and in business and industry.If you are looking for a great place to live try Walterboro and see if you like it.

Jamie
San Jose, CA

From age 4 to 14 I lived here... I am 22 now and n - 2/19/2007

When I was younger I never enjoyed living here. I moved when I was 14. I have visited a few times since and nothing has changed. There is horrible racism, and black people there do not do much to help their case. The crime is horrible; my sisters house was broken into at Christmas and all of the presents and valuble goods in the house were stolen. The educational system is a joke. In high school, the teachers were unable to control a class of 16-24 kids. In younger classes, I found they moved way too slowly, I learned more at home with my mom and the discovery channel than most classes in middle school to junior high. The education in Walterboro has set my standard of what is not acceptable for my kids to grow up with. The weather is atrocious. Hot and humid all year. There is always condensation on the windows from the muggy atmosphere. You take a shower and you feel sweaty and dirty by the time you dry. Most of the water stinks like swamp, too. Granted, it is cheap to live here... but you get paid next to nothing and quite frankly, for cost of living, you get what you pay for. I live in Califonia now and cost of living is easily quadrupled and I would not go back there for anything. For public transit, there is none. The people that live here know if you are not from here... you will always be viewed as an outsider if you don't speak "stupid" with a thick accent. And, dreaming for something better, you will be viewed as crazy. No one has any aspirations for something better in this depressing hell hole. Most people that move here get stuck here, my advice is to never come here.

CRIME