Where Do We Get Our Data?
Sperling’s BestPlaces is the United States’ most reliable and thorough resource for demographic data, from the national level down to the zip code (and everything in between).
Our data is sourced from our firm’s own original research and analysis, as well as the following outside sources, all of which are carefully vetted and updated with the latest and most accurate figures. Sperling’s BestPlaces utilizes data from government organizations, in addition to respected and established private organizations, providing the most well-rounded and complete facts and figures available.
Our Data Sources
• Original research and analysis by Sperling’s BestPlaces / Fast Forward, Inc.
• U.S. Census Bureau
• American Community Survey
• Current Population Survey
• Educational Testing Service and ACT, Inc.
• National Center for Education Statistics
• Federal Bureau of Investigation
• Uniform Crime Reports
• National Climatic Data Center,
• National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
• National Hurricane Center
• U.S. Geologic Service
• Bureau of Labor Statistics - Consumer Price Index, Consumer Expenditure Survey
• Medicare and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
• Department of Energy
• Federal Travel Directory
• Freddie Mac -Conventional Home Price Mortgage Index
• Office of Housing Economic Oversight
• National Association of Realtors
• National Association of Home Builders
• State Association of Realtors
• Environmental Protection Agency
• American Medical Association
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - Compressed Mortality Database - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - BRFSS (Behavioral Risk Factor Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - CDC Wonder Natality database
• Federal Aviation Administration
• Federal Transit Administration
• Federal Highway Administration
• National Park Service
• National Basketball Association
• National Football League
• National Hockey League
• Major League Baseball