Search for any place in the USA:

SperlingViews - Temecula, California

Overview, People, Health, Economy, Housing, Rankings, Climate, Crime
Education, Comments, Transportation, Cost of Living, Religion, Voting

73.52% of people are white, 3.62% are black, 9.30% are asian, 2.27% are native american, and 5.24% claim 'Other'. 25.33% of the people in Temecula, CA, claim hispanic ethnicity (meaning 74.67% are non-hispanic).

Have an opinion about Temecula? Leave a comment.

Kevin
Great place to raise a family - 4/30/2014

I've lived in Temecula since 1989 and it's the absolute best place to raise a family. Schools are top notch, park system is outstanding, crime is low and we have a well run city council. It is by far the best city to live in Riverside County. Common areas throughout the city are well landscaped, Old Town is a favorite destination to go out for the night or shopping. 10 golf courses within 20 minutes, over 30 wineries to spend a day at and hot air balloons fill the sky every morning. Home prices are 30-40% cheaper than San Diego or Orange County. The worst thing about the area is traffic if you have to commute to San Diego, LA or Orange County. It is a well run city that has a lot to offer.[read more...]

Janet
Great Place to Live - 8/28/2013

Temecula is a great place to live. Lots of wineries. Close to the beach, desert, mountains. Jobs are hard to find. Great retirement community. [read more...]

Great Place to Live - 10/2/2012

We have lived in Michigan, Colorado, Hawaii, and Florida -- But, our favorite place to winter is Temecula, CA. The people are authentically friendly and the area offers a gorgeous atomosphere. There are always flowers blooming and the citrus cannot be beat. The vineyards offer excellent exposure to new wines and the shopping leaves nothing to be desired. A little too hot for us in the summer months, but fall, winter and spring are absolutely wonderful ! Could use a little more cultural enrichment, but we think this is only a matter of time. The Old Town is a perfect venue for more art galleries & unique shops.[read more...]

Cora
Mountain View, CA
fell in love with Temecula - 7/10/2012

Hi~ I came for a visit a couple times (2011 & recently July '12) in Temecula with a friend. Went to Old town,liked it.. Came back a few weeks ago for a few days, went to the wineries, the weather is great.. it seems like everytime I come here I have this feeling of wanting to live here. I have lived in the bay area for 16 some years. I have been to several places to check and see if the place is a great place to raise children.. This is the only place I feel like it's pulling me in. I find that people are mostly friendly. Housing to me is much affordable compare to where I live now. It feels like a great place to raise my teenager and gradeschooler. My ONLY concern are JOBS!! I have been in the medical field for a long time and has a very stable job "quote on quote...Went on CL's and checked out jobs in this area and seems like there is none around... My friend told me it's the most safest city to live.. [read more...]

Yesenia
Fresno, CA
Temecula ? - 6/21/2012

We are looking into moving here next spring family of 5 (3 kids), I'm relocating from central valley (Fresno,Ca) What I see and read so far seems to be an ideal choice , its rated best cities to live in in 2012... I'm worried about all complaints on traffic? Any helpful info....? [read more...]

Tim
safe - 6/6/2012

Safe place to live[read more...]

Why Temecula - 9/24/2011

My husband and I have lived in many places in the U.S. Hawaii, being one of our favorites, was extremely expensive and we felt like we were too far away from family. Temecula is very similar to Hawaii and Italy. It has a beautiful Mediterranean climate, while we can still grow just about anything - including palm trees. The people in Temecula have been extremely nice to us "newcomers". We find most to be hard working and possess integrity and honesty. They seem educated and aware, while still kind and caring. It offers us hiking, biking and peaceful living.[read more...]

Ken
Temecula - 5/25/2011

Very nice community, have lived here for 36 years. Many changes, all good.[read more...]

To Us, It's Heaven - 3/31/2011

My husband and I have been all over the country and out of the country trying to find the right place to retire. The two places we came up with are: Italy and Temecula, CA. We settled on Temecula, because it is still in the U.S. and we cannot speak Italian -- that rules out Italy. After living in Colorado, Florida, Michigan and Hawaii , Temecula is by far the better choice for us. We find the people to be very friendly and genuine, for the most part. Most have great manners and seem very honest. The weather is outstanding...especially in the hills above the town. West of town the weather is even more moderate and mild. Everything grows there -- roses, avocados, lemons, oranges, grapes, flowers of every kind -- something is always blooming. The Old Town is quaint and not too upscale for our tastes. It offers us everything we need/want. Close to the ocean, a few small lakes, enough shopping and a myriad of restaurant venues. [read more...]

laurie
Murrieta, CA
Don't - 1/21/2011

Temecula is a nice place but the city planners have messed it up. I have lived here since 1986 and I have seen some roads widened three times. It takes forever to get to and from one side of town to the other.[read more...]

Hank
In the middle of nowhere... - 12/16/2009

With San Diego to the south, Riverside to the north, empty desert to the east, and thed Pacific Ocean an hour away to the west, puts Temecula Valley right in the middle of nothing but a few nice vinyards, over whelming stucco structures (residential & commercial), no symphony, arts center, museums, zoos, just more and more bedroom community commuters and decent schools... blah, blah, blah...basicly, there is little more here than overpriced stucco world & good lower education...boring![read more...]

Eileen
Great Oak High School - 10/19/2009

As a parent that has had three children all with different needs high and low end I found the school to be lacking most with the middle of the road students. Kids that are not were either not going to college were never told about vocational schools or certificated programs at community colleges. I as the parent had to find out these options by word of mouth from other parents or exploring on my own. The support staff was always friendly and helpful. However, many times I went to try and speak to a counselor and was often told they were unavailable. If they were available they would come out to the front area to talk to me and not take me into their office. The VP in charge new very little about what was going on and often refereed me back to a counselor. So it went round and round. Friends of mine have kids in programs such as IB or AVID those parents love the school and had no problems getting classes they wanted or reaching a counselor. Special needs students had case carriers that took care of them. The school is very concerned about API scores and State testing so much so that only things that meet a state standard may be taught. Teachers had to communicate what state standard was connected to each lesson. Classes and programs lacked creativity. Counseling department offered littler or no support groups. Counselors were forever changing caseloads each year and many job shared which made it difficult to stay in contact. All my children have graduated. One is very successful because he took the initiative and was very driven. The other two went to community college. One finished a certificated program in culinary arts that I found on the internet and the other one is still searching for what he is interested in. He often complains that there were not enough electives offered in high school. I think he connects college with high school and is done with the whole school thing. Great needs a lot of work. It tries to pride itself on being the closest thing to a private school. If that was true I would never pay money for this private school.

on line abortion pill read here order abortion pill
[read more...]

Michelle
Temecula is great even in difficult times. - 8/23/2009

My husband and I moved to the area in 1997 and have never regretted it. He and I grew up in Long Beach and Orange County, respectively, and could never have afforded a home there. I miss being close to the beach but everything here is one hour away- the beach, the desert, the mountains, every So. Cal. amusement park. The weather is the same as Thousand Oaks or West Hills- an inland valley with warm days and cool nights. Everyone here is from somewhere else so everyone is different- some are friendly, some are not. There are dirt bikers and river-runners, soccer moms and empty-nesters, Harley riders and surfers, hard-core cyclists and mountain bikers, RVers and backpackers. And everything is only a short drive away. Temecula has darling hometown Christmas and Fourth of July parades like my home town used to but got rid of long ago because of all the gangs that showed up. The city offers activities year round and the free summer movies and concerts in the parks are so fun. The schools are top-notch and brand-spanking new. The newest high school has I.B. and A.P. and an amazing college acceptance rate. The parks and sports facilities are amazing, though we could use more pools for swim sports and they keep talking about a water park... We have been hit hard by the recession but I see foreclosed homes quickly bought up by the young families that can now afford them.[read more...]

Paula
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Living in Temecula - 6/9/2009

Temecula is a nice city, with many wineries, and good schools. I lived their and liked it very much, but it has changed quite a bit over the last 5 years. The problem now is that it has grown so rapidly, it's just way too overbuilt. The traffic is pretty bad, there are now high rise buildings, a huge mega mall that is way too big, and a casino. Sometimes it can take 40 minutes to drive across town, the traffic is so bad. When I lived in Temecula it had a more serene country feel to it, although you had all the restaurants, entertainment, etc. that you wanted. It was so relaxing, and friendly. I feel that the builders have really taken away the ambience of Temecula. Many of my friends have also left the area because it is too crowded, and there is such a feeling of general disconnect instead of community.[read more...]

reman923
temecula - 5/21/2009

It's the best city in Southern Ca for raising kids. The weather is awesome. The community and city government is great.[read more...]

Melissa
Wish I Wouldn't Have Moved Here - 5/19/2009

I moved down here because my husband and I were tired of spending money on gas to commute down here. I have never felt so unwelcome in any other city I have ever lived in. I must stand out from the general population (since I don't have overly-processed bleach blond hair and a boob job) and when they ask where I'm from, they look at me like I'm white trash because I'm from San Bernardino. The casino is the only fun thing to do, and we don't even gamble! The traffic is an absolute nightmare. Don't even get me started about the mall or the Target shopping center.[read more...]

Bruce
Med style climate - 11/14/2008

For SoCal, Temecula has a nice climate. Everyone from LA talks about how hot it is, but both Valleys are within a degree or two of Temecula every day of the year. "Summer" - which last almost 6 months in SoCal. Temecula has a great onshore breeze that kicks up an hour or two before LA's breeze. Therefore, it cools off faster. By the time you get home from work, turn on the whole house fan, step outside to light the grill, and when dinners ready you'll probably stay outside to eat. Air quality to far and away superior to anything that Orange, LA, San Berdo or most of Riverside county can dream of (exception - people living within a mile of the ocean). Almost every day the air is cycled out by the onshort flow each afternoon, and reverses each night. The winters freeze a few nights a year, but almost always warm up to be able to walk around in jeans and t-shirt in the afternoon. Fall is non-existent, except for all of the areas around here (but thank God not here) burning during the Santa Anas.[read more...]

Kim
Temecula, CA - 10/27/2008

Is a wonderful town to live in, we have great schools and everything within 5 miles from our home, the city is very clean and well maintained, we have great neighbors, a great community center with great city programs, from sports to swimming lessons, dancing and cooking classes. Anything you could think of. [read more...]

steve
Winchester, CA
cost of living - 9/14/2008

its approaching orange county costs with worse traffic[read more...]

Gloria
Cheaper Housing Is Not Always Better. - 6/21/2008

Temecula in my opinion is an awful area to live in. We have lived here 7 years and if were not for the plummeting housing market we would of been gone 2 years ago, but that is another story. The reasons that make it an awful area is , There are a lack of not only high paying jobs for the skilled worker that has an education but also for women that are over the age of 35 that wish to work in an office. The only jobs you see are retail that do not pay worth a dime and therefore most people if they can afford the gas drive to either San Diego or Orange Counties. The other reason is an awful place is the fact there is no mass transit here. For a population of over 107,000 people and the only thing that comes close is a commuter bus that will take you south to the Oceanside train station if it does not break down or if there is room for you being they let every low form of life on there. It goes north to Corona but it too has it's downfalls. Add 5 hours to your workday if you must take this everyday. Poor quality of life. Then if you want to buy the monthly bus ticket at the mall, good luck getting one, being they always seem to have none and then you have to pay $2.50 each way for standing room being it is way overcrowded on board and they have no intentions of adding another bus. The kids here are lazy, rude and spoiled. All they do is skateboard in parking lots of shopping centers, walk around with long ugly unkempt hair (boys) and would steel the gold out of your teeth if they had the chance. Rare is it to see a young man washing the family car or mowing the lawn out front. No values here. They vandalize everything insight. I know being our Homeowners Assoc. dues have gone up $36 thanks to all of the vandalism in our subdivision and we now have a roving security guard to we pay for. The schools are lacking being they have hardly any money to work with for expending on students. If you call $4800 alot of money for California schools then you need your brain examined. In most suburban Chicago schools they spend $9000-$10,000 on each kid. Then look at the low % of high school graduates in each high school in Temecula that attend college and graduate. Very low. The other reasons that make this an awful choice is there is no large medical center nearby. If you need specialty care good luck, cause you will have to go to one of the reputable hospitals 75 miles away in San Diego like Scripps or 50 miles northeast to Loma Linda. I needed to have some specialty treatment and found the hospital in LaJolla to be so much more professional than any medical office here. They treated you so much better too. My husband broke his wrist 2 years ago and it took a week to get someone to read the x-rays being they said there is only person locally at this radiology place that does that. So he could not get his wrist set for 7 days that is outrageous. The last reason that makes this place so bad is the high crime. There is an average of over 1100 cars stolen a year here or more. We saw it for ourselves while shopping at the mall June 2006. We helped the cops catch these 2 illegals stealing brand new Suburbans and Expeditions at the mall. They were let of out of jail the next day being the local lock up is overcrowded. Also be prepared if you have no felonies on your record to be called for jury duty once every 12 months or less. We get notices every year. When we lived in Santa Barbara we were called only once in 3o years. Your car insurance we be higher here no doubt. We pay close to $2000 a year and have no tickets or teenage drivers and have modest vehicles. All of these factors are due to the fact the area has low paying jobs, lower educated residents, cheaper housing than most So Cal cities, and a non existent Police Dept. of their own. Yea, they contract with Riverside County sheriff's Dept, so good luck if you need help, the wait time is about 20 minutes if you have a major car accident. Hardly any law enforcement deterrents here. So if you have lived in Compton or South Central LA sure this place is look good but if you do not want to drive on average 3 hours round trip every day to a decent job, then don't move here!!! [read more...]

Next >>