Select a New Section:

utah
i like it

3/3/2016
My Home State
Utah is a pretty great place. Because the LDS pioneers settled this state, about 60% of the current population is a member of that religion. Most members are pretty nice, good people. They probably will try to convert you, but it's still a really nice place to live

9/28/2015
Quality of life
Quality of life is important to live better, as i said it depends on you :)

8/3/2015
a good place to live
Living in South Jordan has been a better place to live. I have lived in Provo, Ogden, West Valley city and close to downtown Salt Lake City, but South Jordan has been a better place to live. Neighbors are friendly, there are joggers, dog walkers, etc. It has been peaceful and quiet here for 12 years. Only heard a siren maybe twice in 12 years. My children are grown, so I don't know if schools in this area are good. There are trails nearby and we go for a long walk often. Air is cleaner out here. Cost of living is not so bad. Where we live, the housing more expensive than we should have bought, but we are glad to live in this area.

7/19/2015
We want to move to Utah!
Hi All! We are a family of four who are presently living in Italy (My husband is Italian and my two children and I are American :) Although we haven't got any family in Utah we know what a wonderful place it is and we would love to move there- especially anywhere close to the temple. As you can imagine it's not quite as easy as it seems to make this dream come true. I'm now looking on-line for a job as an administrative assistant/ customer service as I have a lot of experience in the area- I am also perfectly bi-lingual in Italian (obviously English). If anyone has any ideas on how to facilitate the situation of finding a job in Utah while still in Italy, I would be grateful for your advice. Just a note: please abstain from suggesting that we move and then find a job as this would mean having no income and no home :)

4/15/2015
Best Snow Ever
If you like to ski or snowboard , Utah is the place to be! Fantastic powder snow coupled with sunshine makes our long winters worthwhile.

7/28/2014
Plenty of outdoor activities
There are a lot of places for outdoor types in Utah and the seasons make nearly every outdoor activity possible.

4/7/2014
People
The people here are always so nice!

2/13/2014
Live Long Time
The culture here is amazing. Everyone around here are close and basically know each other. Not to say that there aren't problems, but it's still really nice. There are so many activities and possibilities here, from rock-wall climbing to boating. Hiking and outdoor activities are almost limitless. With Zions just down the road a ways, to all of the history of St. George itself.

2/3/2014
Cost of living great
Cost of living is great. People are nice. The air quality is bad.

2/3/2014
Air quality biggest problem
Nice place to live except air quality is bad.

1/5/2014
Where we live
We just moved to Florida and really don't have an opinion yet...people seem nice and friendly to us. We moved from southern Utah where it's sunny most of the time. We have beautiful Zion National park. The weather is beautiful most of the time... Even when we get hot heat, we are not to bothered by it because we all have air conditioning...It's mild winters except this last Christmas and it was bad In the whole country. If you are taking a vacation,spring is the best time but any time is good. look up Zion National Park and you will see what I mean.

10/9/2013
Outdoor Recreation
My review addresses outdoor recreation only. Utah is unique in the USA for its access to diverse terrains and activities. A relatively short drive from Salt Lake City will offer desert, mountains, rivers, and lakes. There are 21 national parks and 40 state parks. It is sixth in the US for boating which surprises people since it is a high desert state. Hiking in Utah is fantastic as is the all terrain vehicle and horseback riding. The opportunity for camping is abundant as is the free camping in the many undeveloped areas. You can even go river rafting. Then there is the skiing. There are three things to remember about skiing in Utah. It snows early, it snows often, and it snows powder. All in all Utah is the ultimate outdoor recreation location.

9/4/2013
Beyond Stereotypes
I am not a mormon and I absolutely love Utah.I find all the stereotypes and criticism people say about mormons offensive and not always accurate.I am currently a student at Utah State University and I have made Many friends so far. Many of them are mormon, but they are all nice, overall open minded and very accepting. Many of them are more accepting and open minded than many of my peers back home. Also one of my uncles married a lady who is LDS and she is super caring and open minded and non judgemental and very welcoming. There are probably some close minded, brainwashing and judgemental LDS folks, but that's the same with all people, Mormon or not. I find everyone's bigotry and judgement against mormons very offensive and close minded.

9/4/2013
Beyond Stereotypes

1 2 3 4 5

Compare Utah, Utah to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: