Select a New Section:

Home / United States  /  Washington / Metro Areas / Counties / Cities / Zip Codes

Unknown

Start Your Review of Washington, WA

7/13/2016
Are there any AFFORDABLE places to live in Washing
I have been looking at the Puget Sound area thinking about retiring there, but it's so cold -- does the Port Angeles/Port Townsend area EVER get above 65?? Housing seems reasonably priced in these areas but I want summer temps of at least 70 degrees! Does anybody know of any other reasonably priced places to live in Washington state or Oregon? I'd like to be near water if possible (either the ocean or a lake) but realize I may not be able to afford it. I know Washington is somewhat high-priced in some areas, but since it's so pretty and green, I'm hoping I can find some place where $40,000 or so a year is adequate. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

1/14/2016
Looking for Warmer Climate
Looking for a warmer area to live

11/1/2015
Internet/WiFi availablity in Sequim/Port Angeles
My family is considering relocating out of a big city in Northern Cal to the quiet rural pleasures of the PNW. Specifically, the Olympic Penn intrigues me. My family is originally from Canada so the idea of moving closer to my Dad's relatives has always been strong. (I was born in CA.) My husband works for a big company but he would need a strong internet or WiFi connection to work in Sequim or Port Angeles. The house we are looking at is located on Taylor Cutoff Rd. It def look remote - in a good way. Can you tell me about the technology available in this area? Is PA a better option for connectivity? It just seems even further from Seattle, which is where my husband would need to travel to about twice a month. I recall reading an article about cell towers and it wasn't good.

10/24/2015
The bluest skies are in Seattle ...
.. but only because the greyest ones are too. For about 4 months out of the year it's beautiful here. Brilliant sunshine, crystal clear skies and warm (sometimes too warm) temperatures. Scenery is beautiful especially if you like green. The remaining 8 months are dreary, drab and grey. If it's not raining it's overcast.

10/17/2015
Washington
Great economic opportunities and gowth.

7/14/2015
Best Places is one the best relocation service on
Bert Sperling's page has helped me and my family finally nail down where we want to live next... And we have chosen Washington State, and the only way we could have come to that conclusion was by using everything Sperling's Best Places had to offer. The side by side city comparisons was my favorite resource but definitely not the last! Thanks Bert!!!!!

5/20/2015
Great Place to Work and Live
Any suggestions on what areas in Washington that is great to raise a family?

2/17/2015
You Could Do Better...
I was born in 1967 and have lived all over these wonderful United States. From Queen Anne in Seattle to Coconut Grove in Miami...I mean I've lived all over the place. Vermont, Chicago, California and Kansas City. And the list goes on and on.
I mainly grew up in Seattle and have lived in Bellingham, Raymond and Issaquah Washington as well. Unfortunately it's not as great as the brochure would tell you. Yes, there are parts that don't even see crime and yes, cannabis is legal. I have run on every trail you can think of in Western Washington...I'm still waiting to see Bigfoot, that bastard owes me money.
But I digress.
I started a business here in Seattle in 1992 and sold it last year (2014)...The business was successful and I am lucky because of it. Got a great wife and a 6 year old daughter who is more of a smart aleck than Jim Carrey. Not sure if that's a good thing. What were we talking about?
Oh yes, you could do better than Washington. Sure, there are the islands and the towns near Olympia National Park. But that's about it...if you can afford it.
Unfortunately Seattle has been rampaged by the disgust that is West Coast.....all over the place. It's become what is north of the bay of San Francisco is today. Just a wash of cedar shingles and poorly built town homes. It's a shame because Seattle used to have its own personality, it's own 'emotional' status. But alas, no more. Now it's just San Francisco without the history. And Alcatraz is hiding as West Seattle.
Spokane is about as good as you're going to get for comparison to the rest of the country...But unfortunate for them they're morons over there.
And therein lies the rub. Like everywhere and everything you get what you pay for. Spokane a great place to live? Yes, except for the people who aren't all there. And there is a lot of them. Seattle, oh yes, a great place to live...if you're either well off or a confused and gay man in his twenties from Ohio. (Jeff just didn't fit in now did he?)
I prefer having 'Quality' of life over Quantity....Give me the methodic hum of death in the midwest and their cold wintery winters over the melodic dance of everyone who knows everything yet doesn't want to talk about it and I'm happy.
Minneapolis sounds good, maybe somewhere in Iowa... I'll turn boring into meditation and create my own mountains in the midwest.

10/9/2014
The Inland Northwest
We enjoy the climate, geography, demographic and culture of the Inland Northwest. A location that enjoys all four seasons with Spring sometime hanging on well into summer. Summers are dry, warm, winters are cold with average snowfall.

7/5/2014
poor climate comment
WA has 72" of rain west of there...so 29" truly is a rain shadow. I live on the coast in Westport/Grayland, Grays Harbor County, and truly wait for those 'sun breaks' and I too sit out there facing that warming sun and sliding my chair as the sun slips across the southern horizon! But I have never wintered here...much below 60 doesn't please me at all...I stay May-October thanks for your opinion.

4/28/2014
Washington
Nice place to live. Has a moderate weather pattern, green all year around-rare snow, which is gone in one day-- draw back-expensive to live.

2/21/2014
A little piece of heaven
Coming from the East Coast, Eastern Washington with it's beautiful scenery & temped weather is wonderful. After living on flat Long Island for the first half of my life, the mountains are one of my favorite things.

1/10/2014
Retirement Potential
Southwest Washington in Lewis and Cowlitz counties seems to have very good climate and geography for a relaxing place to buy a retirement home.

1/4/2014
Stop trying to re-invent the wheel
We escaped California because of intrusive legislation and to enjoy clean rural living based on Judeo-Christian Principles; which, overall, we enjoy here in Washington. The biggest problem is that Olympia fails to understand that you cannot tax/fee your way out of debt or pay for programs that cost more than the sovereign earn.

"Nemo Repente fuit Turpissimus--None reach the height of vice at once"

I would like to see the responsible citizens start standing up against the 4 big Puget Sound Counties, especially King County; who think they know what is best for the other 35 counties of this State.

Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus et Fidelis

10/18/2013
Pacific NW
Looking for the warmest, driest place to live in WA.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Compare Washington, Washington to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: