1) Walking or running on the dirt trail along the Napa River at River Park. It's a a loop just over one mile.
2) Walking or running on the gravel trail along the San Pablo Bay Trail on Mare Island. An almost 4 mile loop.
3) The annual Flyway Festival on Mare Island focusing on the migratory patterns of bird and celebrating nature and ecological living in general.
3) The weather!
4) The Carquinez Strait waterfront by the Ferry Building.
5) Taking the Ferry from Vallejo to SF
6) The beautiful Victorians, Craftman and Spanish Mediterranean homes all over the St. Vincent's Hill, Vallejo Heights and Heritage neighborhoods.
7) Getting ice cream at the old fashioned ice cream parlor, Liled's, on Tennesee Street
8) Swimming at the Cunningham Pool
9) The wonderful people who work toward improving the neighborhoods, schools and general community of Vallejo.
10) Seeing the free, San Francisco Chamber Orchestra concerts at the Empress Theater.
11) The close proximity to Sonoma and Napa Valley wine country as well as Berkeley. SF is only an hour at most away by car.
Vallejo is a good town with good people - come visit this misunderstood and undervalued jewel at the confluence of the San Pablo Bay and the Napa River.