Powder Springs, Georgia

3 Reviews | Review This Place | Photos and Maps

Thanks for Voting!

Reviews for Powder Springs  based on 3 Reviews

Get to know Powder Springs with the latest comments and reviews from people who live in or have visited Powder Springs

Great in theory. - 3/29/2018
I have spent over a decade living in Powder Springs and if you take anything from my review let it be it's a great place to live if you have money and are Caucasian but I terrible place to live if you are a minority or work unskilled labor.

The pros: almost every backyard is beautiful, the schools are well funded with caring faculty particularly Hillgrove and Lovinggood in my experience, also the city gets beautiful seasonal changes and snow annually. It's so safe you can leave your doors unlocked at night and sleep easy.

Cons: The teachers care but there aren't many social support systems to help low income individuals rise into middle class like there are in the West.

If you black cops WILL follow you. No joke Christmas Day 2010 I'm walking home with an empty backpack I used to bring my friend a gift, I'm listening to my headphones as I walk home and I turn around and a cop is pointing a gun at me. Fortunately I just walked into my backyard Read More

Start Your Review of Powder Springs

Traffic - 7/27/2006
Too many cars, too few direct routes, too few left turn lanes. The traffic here is bad just about all the time, not just "rush hour". Going to the YMCA can be a Read More

Housing - 8/22/2005
Powder Springs is great! It's a wonderful place to raise a family. Good schools, incredibly cheap housing, cute, with an old-south charm. The people are remarkably friendly, and very diverse. I thought it would have a country mentality being so small and off the beaten path, but there are people living here from all over the world.
We are only 30 minutes (outside of rush hour) from downtown Atlanta, the airport is a straight shot- no highway driving- and only 40 minutes away.
Highly Read More

Compare Powder Springs, Georgia to any other place in the USA.

MAPS OF POWDER SPRINGS, GEORGIA
Check out the latest Maps in a variety of categories including cost of living, population, and commute time.Powder_Springs,Georgia Map
ZIP CODES IN POWDER SPRINGS, GEORGIA

$210,000
4770 Govanett Rd
Bed 3 | Bath 2

PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION

Includes Cost of Living compares for child care, utilities, transportation, health, taxes, housing for home owners vs renters, weather, insurance premiums and so much more.