Select a Section

Warren

Start Your Review of Warren, MI

8/2/2011
Boring boring boring
Warren is basically a boring place to live. Crime is going up constantly, unemployment is going up, and property prices are going down, essentially creating a cesspool of rot. Basically a bad situation all around. Not to mention the closest large city to Warren is Detroit, which leaves a lot to be desired if you like hanging out and actually having something to do that doesn't involve costly sporting events. The libraries are fantastic, though you will get the same services anywhere in Macomb county. All in all, you may want to rethink if you are thinking of moving to Warren.

2/15/2010
Warren, MI is a great place to live and work
Michigan's 3rd largest city, with six different school districts and taxes lower than any comparable city, and city services are extremely vast and professional.

Extremely diverse population both ethnically and socioeconomically. Warren has housing stock that ranges from working class neighborhoods to sprawling custom ranches and homes built since the 1960's that were built for middle class auto executives and workers.

General Motors has chosen to consolidate most of its regional operations into the historic Technological Center that is becoming the birthplace of electric vehicles and test ground for renewable energy alternatives. Over 10 billion dollars was spent over the past decade by General Motors in new infrastructure that this state-of-the-art facility.

The Department of Defense is expanding its TACOM facility in Warren to increase its workforce by more than 1,200 by 2011.

3/24/2007
Bad economy
The cost of living is to high and the job market is very bad.

4/19/2006
Great County-wide Library hold system
I love the macomb county library cooperative library system. I can place materials on hold for any of the several dozen librarys in the system and all the materials will show up at my local branch to pick up. I particularly enjoy getting all the new movies and save money by not renting any movies. I can get just about all the newest released videos, it just takes a month or two for it to become my turn in the hold queue.

3/23/2006
Basic living in a somewhat boring city.
I have lived in or around Warren, MI for my entire life. (26 years) I have grown bored of the typical "suburban" environment and crave some variety and diversity in terms of opportunities for young people. Most of the community activities target seniors or very young children which leaves a lot to be desired for those of us who A) are between the ages of 18-40 or B) do not have kids.

I feel pretty safe in Warren but have experienced some minor property damage and disruptions in the past.

All in all, I don't think Warren is that fabulous of a place to live...it's simply just a place to hang my hat until I figure out where I really want to live.

6/6/2005
Warren, Michigan - Population
Although it is not a well known fact, Warren, MI is the third largest city in Michigan, first Detroit, then Lansing.

Compare Warren, Michigan to any other place in the USA.
Select a Section