Select a New Section:

Start Your Review of Bradford, PA

About Bradford
It's a small town with very few businesses and no malls. Wal-Mart Supercenter is where most people go to shop. That's pretty typical of most small towns, so no big surprise there. As far as transportation, there is a bus service that runs from 6AM-5PM during the weekdays and runs just a few hours on the weekends. Fall can be beautiful here, but winters are rough and endless. It also doesn't help that the sidewalks are rarely touched after the snow falls. If you have trouble getting around, you can forget about walking anywhere in Bradford during winter. If you do walk in Bradford (even for a short distance), you'll probably have to walk over giant snow drifts, slide down icy sidewalks or walk part of the way on the street to avoid snow covered sidewalks. Jobs are also scarce here, but it's not impossible to get one. The town does have a university: The University of Pittsburgh at Bradford. The campus is great, and the school is a great value. So, like with any area, there are pros and cons.

I have lived in Bradford all but two years of my life. The hills are beautiful and the living quiet and peaceful. It is a great place to raise children and close enough to larger cities to enjoy some of the arts. Niagara Falls is less than 2 hours away. Unfortunately, the job situation seems to be limited to the health care field. Employment is at an all time low and the chance of businesses coming to the area is slim. Now that my children are in high school I am thinking of relocating to an area that will provide them a wider variety of education and work opportunities.

My Home Away from Home
I am from Bradford,and miss it so very much. My parents moved away when I was around 15 years young I believe. They are back and live on the outskirts of town. I don't think I will ever move back, but I do come to visit quite abit.

Leaves Much to be Desired
Lived here for 20 years, moved to four other states for 18 years, and then returned for the last seven years. Beautiful area, but can't wait to move back to civilization. The town is mired in the past, can't change...won't change, has very limited resources, far from any major town, horrid and old decrepit housing, poorly educated people, very little middle class, approx. 25% of city residents receive welfare, no vision for growth, high taxes, loses 7% of the 18 - 25 year old class every year, and loses 1% of its overall population every year...mainly the educated middle class.

The grass is greener other places...thats why I'm running for city council; to address these issues directly.

Love Bradford, PA
My husband is originally from Bradford, PA and moved out to sunny so cal while in the Marines. I am from Orange County, born and raised and knew nothing of towns outside of California until I went back to Bradford to meet my future in laws. I fell in love with what I call a "Norman Rockwell" type town. Tree-lined streets, a nostaligic main street, friendly people and beautiful scenery. We have given it a lot of thought to move there because the cost of living is so low, but it is hard to give up the Orange County lifestyle. I recommend anyone going to visit at least once on their way to somewhere else and you may just fall in love with it!!

Bradford PA, my home town
My home town. I love the low key lifestyle. Fresh air, low cost of living and the beautiful natural surroundings. I miss my childhood and young adult friendships, friendly neighbors and Bradford's small town activities. Outdoor and nature activities are always an option when you want to get away. Pitt Bradford is a big bost to the town. I went to school there for two years before I went to main campus - small class sizes and personal attention was always there when you needed - it was great.

Compare Bradford, Pennsylvania to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: