Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania

3 Reviews | Review This Place | Photos and Maps

Reviews for Mechanicsburg  based on 3 Reviews

Get to know Mechanicsburg with the latest comments and reviews from people who live in or have visited Mechanicsburg

Disappointing - 9/21/2017
We moved here in the summer of 2016 from out of state with high hopes and for all the right reasons > job, family (my husband, a Penn State grad, was born & raised in the greater York area & most of his very large family have remained in the area) and eventually retirement.

Salary > My husband left a high level administrative job in education to work in a similar position in Harrisburg. He is receiving 1/3 the salary he made in another state. A significant adjustment considering the cost of living is much higher here in Central PA than we anticipated.

Taxes > Pennsylvania has the highest gas tax in the nation. Property taxes are crippling. We are charged an additional tax because my husband commutes from Mechanicsburg to Harrisburg.

Housing > Much higher than expected. In the fall of 2016 we purchased a 'to be built' home on less than 1/4 acre lot for $425,000.00. We had hoped to purchase a less expensive, older home but the housing Read More

Start Your Review of Mechanicsburg

Mundane in Mechanicsburg - 9/29/2013
Greetings everyone,

I grew up in Allentown PA and moved to Mechanicsburg in 2000 when attempting to reconcile with my ex-wife. My son had just started kindergarten and I found a good job so I stayed in the area. So for the last 13 years I've been a single dad content with being in a dull area for the sake of my son. But now that he's about to graduate, we're excited to finally leave.

As always, it depends on what age and lifestyle people are accustomed to when choosing to relocate to a specific area. In Mechanicsburg you have a stable and growing economy especially with the state capital nearby as well as being close to many large cities. You have your fair share of malls and chain restaurants, but nothing exceptional. Plenty of parks and libraries as well. The schools are good and the crime rate is low, so it's a nice place to raise a family - safe, albeit boring.

Unfortunately there isn't much in the way of culture or nightlife unless you Read More

Attitude - 1/28/2009
It is reserve and Read More

Compare Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania to any other place in the USA.

MAPS OF MECHANICSBURG, PENNSYLVANIA
Check out the latest Maps in a variety of categories including cost of living, population, and commute time.Mechanicsburg,Pennsylvania Map
ZIP CODES IN MECHANICSBURG, PENNSYLVANIA

Bed 3 | Bath 1

$511,000
934 Tolman St

PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP

Members receive 10 FREE city profile downloads a month, unlimited access to our detailed cost of living calculator and analysis, unlimited access to our DataEngine, and more.