Select a Section

Start Your Review of Simpsonville, SC

6/22/2014
Quality of life
Nice suburb of Greenville, growing in diversity and culture. Competing healthcare providers (important!). Upscale manufacturing in the area (BMW and Michelin) results in many "type A " personalities ((some agressive drivers).

7/16/2012
Not A Nice Place To Live
Lived in Simpsonville for 9 years. Too long. It's a dirty little town with lots of crime and police. City government is mostly dependent on traffic fines and they hand out a LOT of them. My advise is to find another city. Laurens and Fountain Inn are close and are much better places to live.

11/29/2007
Greenville SC
Personally I think the violent crime rating is a bit high. When I watch the news each night almost every crime is in Spartanburg or Anderson - not Greenville. There are definitely high crime areas, as you have in most cities, but I know I very rarely ever see any hint of it - if ever. The downtown area is very clean and newly rejuvenated. I have lived in Charleston SC, Georgia, and also right outside of DC and I have to say I love it here the most. I've been here for 5 years and have no intentions of leaving. Yes SC schools aren't the best, but the upstate schools are the best in the state if you're determined to live in SC. As a graduate of Hillcrest High, I was very impressed by the high level of morals and Christian presence that was still available in the school setting while I attended (just a few years ago). Out of 3 high schools I attended in different large cities, none other could match it.

8/25/2005
holesome little southern town
though Sipmsonville is rapidly expanding as a rural suburb, it is still managing to retain it's southern charm. It is a great place to stop by for a nice lunch with nice people and enjoy a good glass a southern sweet tea. Or if you are looking for a place to settle down and raise a family there is no better place.

Compare Simpsonville, South Carolina to any other place in the USA.
Select a Section