Boston-Cambridge-Newton Metro Area, Massachusetts

1 Reviews | Review This Place

United States / Massachusetts / Boston-Cambridge-Newton Metro Area / Counties / Cities / Zip Codes
Boston Gifts

Reviews for Boston-Cambridge-Newton  based on 1 Reviews

Get to know Boston-Cambridge-Newton with the latest comments and reviews from people who live in or have visited Boston-Cambridge-Newton

Lots of work in an unhappy place - 3/6/2021
I grew up in a big city in TX; have lived in IA, MO, spent chunks of time in MT, OR, WA, CA, and road-tripped all over the US.  I moved to MA ~20 years ago for work, and lived in Boston proper for the first 3 years. I remember the feeling my first years here, that sick knot in the pit of my stomach, surrounded by the unfriendly, unpleasant, rude, angry - and at best, repressed drudges - that seemed to be all around.  You can call it culture shock, but even going out to walk my dog I noticed that vagrants were kinder and more pleasant than most of the folks I passed on the street. I'd never seen such unfriendliness elsewhere in the US.  If I even made eye contact with someone while out walking, they gave me a wide berth or took it as a threat, a challenge, "what are you looking at?!".
Heaven forbid I actually *smiled* at anyone.  That's an indication you're a crazy person. Even if you're just having a good day, smiling to yourself, people look at you like something's wrong. Read More

Start Your Review of Boston-Cambridge-Newton

Compare Boston-Cambridge-Newton Metro Area, Massachusetts to any other place in the USA.

MAPS OF BOSTON-CAMBRIDGE-NEWTON METRO AREA, MASSACHUSETTS
Boston-Cambridge-Newton,Massachusetts Metro Area Map
ZIP CODES IN BOSTON-CAMBRIDGE-NEWTON METRO AREA, MASSACHUSETTS
02148, 02301, 02155, 02360, 02169, 02124, 02151, 01960, 01844, 01841, ... 231 more

PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP

Members receive 10 FREE city profile downloads a month, unlimited access to our detailed cost of living calculator and analysis, unlimited access to our DataEngine, and more.