100 = US Average. Below 100 means cheaper than the US average. Above 100 means more expensive. About our Cost of Living Index
|Cost of Living Index||Highlands, NC||Charleston, SC||U.S. Avg||Difference
|Health||113.8||98.1||100||15.70 (13.8% less)
DID YOU KNOW?In order to keep your same standard of living your salary can vary greatly.
- whether you buy or rent, require child care, or want to include taxes. This is why we are now offering a Premium Salary & Cost of Living Calculator
. Our Premium Calculator Includes:
- Compare Cities cost of living across 9 different categories
- Personal salary calculations can optionally include Home ownership or rental, Child care, and Taxes (with details on state and local sales, income, property and automobile taxes)
- Includes the cost of Child Care for toddlers or infants, at a day care center or home care
- Groceries prices, detailed for 29 staple items in six categories
- Difference in cost of Utilities, including electric, gas and fuel oil
- Health Care Premiums and hospital expenses for major surgeries
- Taxes, Fees and Expenses you should know about, such as local car insurance rates, automobile taxes and registration, commuting costs.
- and 100s of other items you should consider before you relocateUpgrade To Premium
| See Example