100 = US Average. Below 100 means cheaper than the US average. Above 100 means more expensive.
About our Cost of Living Index
|Cost of Living Index||Crestwood, MO||Affton, MO||U.S. Avg||Difference
|Miscellaneous||106.3||106.3||100||0 (0.0% more)
DID YOU KNOW?In order to keep your same standard of living your salary can vary greatly.
- whether you buy or rent, require child care, or want to include taxes. This is why we are now offering a Premium Salary & Cost of Living Calculator
. Our Premium Calculator Includes:
- Compare Cities cost of living across 9 different categories
- Personal salary calculations can optionally include Home ownership or rental, Child care, and Taxes (with details on state and local sales, income, property and automobile taxes)
- Includes the cost of Child Care for toddlers or infants, at a day care center or home care
- Groceries prices, detailed for 29 staple items in six categories
- Difference in cost of Utilities, including electric, gas and fuel oil
- Health Care Premiums and hospital expenses for major surgeries
- Taxes, Fees and Expenses you should know about, such as local car insurance rates, automobile taxes and registration, commuting costs.
- and 100s of other items you should consider before you relocateUpgrade To Premium
| See Example
Our cost of living calculator assumes people spend around 19% of their income on miscellaneous expenses. We broke down that 19% as follows:
Restaurant meals and prepared food includes all meals (including tips) at fast food, take-out, delivery, concession stands, buffet and cafeteria, at full-service restaurants, and at vending machines and mobile vendors.
Clothing and services includes dry cleaning and laundry, shoe repair, alterations and repairs, sewing materials, clothing rental and storage, watches, jewelry and repairs.
Entertainment includes fees and admissions for sporting and concert events, club memberships and lessons, media hardware and subscriptions (including video games), musical instruments, pets, toys, hobbies, exercise and sports equipment, boats and camping equipment, RVs, bicycles.
Personal care products and services includes products for the hair, dental hygiene, shaving, cosmetics, haircuts and styling.
Reading includes newspaper and magazine subscriptions (including digital), e-books and digital reading material.
Education includes tuition, fees and supplies for public and private schools, including nursery, elementary, high school, colleges and universities.
Tobacco products and smoking supplies includes cigarettes, cigars, e-cigarettes and vaping devices, loose and chewing tobacco.
Additional Miscellaneous includes credit card and checking fees, finance charges, legal and accounting fees, unions dues, occupational licenses.
Entertainment is further divided into the following categories: