West Palm Beach, FL is a great place to live and work. With a two bedroom rent at $1,800, it is slightly higher than the US average of $1,430. However, the cost of living in West Palm Beach, FL is lower than the national average. Grocery costs are 5% higher than the national index which adds to the affordability of West Palm Beach, FL. The area also has plenty of local companies and businesses that provide employment opportunities for its residents. Notable companies include Florida Power & Light Company, NextEra Energy Inc., Boeing Co., AT&T Inc., and many more. There are also smaller businesses such as restaurants, construction firms, healthcare providers and other service providers that contribute to the economy of West Palm Beach, FL.
West Palm Beach has an unemployment rate of 5.0%. The US average is 6.0%.
West Palm Beach has seen the job market increase by 1.4% over the last year. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 39.4%, which is higher than the US average of 33.5%.
Tax Rates for West Palm Beach
- The Sales Tax Rate for West Palm Beach is 7.0%. The US average is 7.3%.
- The Income Tax Rate for West Palm Beach is 0.0%. The US average is 4.6%.
- Tax Rates can have a big impact when Comparing Cost of Living.
Income and Salaries for West Palm Beach
- The average income of a West Palm Beach resident is $29,882 a year. The US average is $28,555 a year.
- The Median household income of a West Palm Beach resident is $56,549 a year. The US average is $69,021 a year.