Dexter township, KS is a small rural community situated close to Kansas City. The cost of living in Dexter township is quite affordable, with two bedroom rents costing $790 per month compared to the national average of $1,430. Grocery costs are also more modest than the national average, with an index reading of 92 versus 100 nationally.
Local businesses within Dexter township include places such as Reynolds Farm Equipment which provides agricultural machinery for farming needs; Johnson's Paint & Body Shop which offers collision repairs and painting services; and Big Apple Bakery that has delicious baked goods available for purchase.
In conclusion, Dexter township is a quaint yet affordable area to live in. With a variety of local businesses providing essential services and cheaper rental prices and groceries than most other areas around the country, it makes a great option for those looking for an economically conscious place to live.
Dexter township has an unemployment rate of 4.1%. The US average is 6.0%.
Dexter township has seen the job market increase by 0.3% over the last year. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 26.2%, which is lower than the US average of 33.5%.
Tax Rates for Dexter township
- The Sales Tax Rate for Dexter township is 6.8%. The US average is 7.3%.
- The Income Tax Rate for Dexter township is 5.7%. The US average is 4.6%.
- Tax Rates can have a big impact when Comparing Cost of Living.
Income and Salaries for Dexter township
- The average income of a Dexter township resident is $21,480 a year. The US average is $28,555 a year.
- The Median household income of a Dexter township resident is $48,286 a year. The US average is $69,021 a year.