Green Brook, NJ is an affluent suburb located in central New Jersey. It is a desirable place to live due to its convenient location near major cities and its high quality of life. As evidenced by the 2 bedroom rent that is $460 more expensive than the national average, Green Brook is clearly a more expensive place to live than other parts of the US. However, the higher cost of living comes with advantages such as access to premium amenities; for example, Green Brook has a grocery cost index of 105 compared to 100 nationally.
Green Brook offers plenty of opportunities for employment and leisure activities. Some large companies located in Green Brook include Honeywell International Inc., Janssen Supply Group LLC, and Johnson & Johnson Corporate Headquarters. Additionally, there are many small businesses such as hair salons, boutiques, restaurants, and galleries that give the town a unique charm. With its great amenities and local businesses, Green Brook is a great place to live!
Green Brook has an unemployment rate of 6.3%. The US average is 6.0%.
Green Brook has seen the job market decrease by -0.7% over the last year. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 23.7%, which is lower than the US average of 33.5%.
Tax Rates for Green Brook
- The Sales Tax Rate for Green Brook is 6.6%. The US average is 7.3%.
- The Income Tax Rate for Green Brook is 5.5%. The US average is 4.6%.
- Tax Rates can have a big impact when Comparing Cost of Living.
Income and Salaries for Green Brook
- The average income of a Green Brook resident is $54,076 a year. The US average is $28,555 a year.
- The Median household income of a Green Brook resident is $176,080 a year. The US average is $69,021 a year.