Pigeon Forge, TN is a charming mountain city known for its attractions and outdoor activities. The cost of living in Pigeon Forge is quite affordable; with 2 bedroom rent averaging at $1,110, which is significantly lower than the US average of $1,430. Additionally, the Grocery Cost Index in Pigeon Forge is 98 versus 100 in the US. This makes it an attractive destination for those looking to make their dollar stretch further. Local companies include Dollywood amusement park, Wonderworks museum and theatre, Hollywood Wax Museum and the Titanic Museum Attraction.
Pigeon Forge offers something for everyone: from outdoor adventures such as camping and white water rafting to historical sites such as Old Mill Square and Great Smoky Mountain National Park; there is something to keep all ages busy. With easy access to amenities such as supermarkets, banks and hospitals, Pigeon Forge provides a great lifestyle for its residents.
Pigeon Forge has an unemployment rate of 5.1%. The US average is 6.0%.
Pigeon Forge has seen the job market increase by 2.0% over the last year. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 43.7%, which is higher than the US average of 33.5%.
Tax Rates for Pigeon Forge
- The Sales Tax Rate for Pigeon Forge is 9.8%. The US average is 7.3%.
- The Income Tax Rate for Pigeon Forge is 0.0%. The US average is 4.6%.
- Tax Rates can have a big impact when Comparing Cost of Living.
Income and Salaries for Pigeon Forge
- The average income of a Pigeon Forge resident is $20,829 a year. The US average is $28,555 a year.
- The Median household income of a Pigeon Forge resident is $50,711 a year. The US average is $69,021 a year.