Meridian, Mississippi

3 Reviews | Review This Place | Photos and Maps

Reviews for Meridian  based on 3 Reviews

Get to know Meridian with the latest comments and reviews from people who live in or have visited Meridian

My personal experience - 2/21/2017
I lived in Meridian at one time. It's one of many places I've lived across the country so I feel I have a lot of places to compare to it.
If you check the crime stats , you will see that it has a high property crime rate. This is exactly my experience in the city. My apartment was cased by next door drug dealers, and most of my belongings were stolen. The maintenance man was involved. I was evicted for mentioning his involvement to the landlord.
This is no "sleepy southern town". Most people I met were very streetwise, and I met a high percentage of people who were "shady".
I suggest doing research on getting into the best part of town, and getting into a nicer apartment complex.
I don't want to promote fear, but better safe than Read More

Start Your Review of Meridian

I flew, too. - 4/27/2015
Meridian has, essentially 3 parts. In one section, the residents are financially secure and these neighborhoods are fairly insulated from the criminal and related behaviors, but those residents I know are apprehensive about trends that are very obvious. In another general area beginning just north of where I lived until recently, the situation is mixed. Older people I know are nervous about--again--the obvious trend that they now can experience up close regularly. Many Meridian people are proud of their historic district with beautiful old homes; some of them are still well maintained. I lived in a smaller home just off the main drag there. Beginning in April 2012, I started sleeping in the fireplace because of a certain type foot- and vehicle traffic, screams, drug and gun dealing, etc. 80 feet from my front door until 3 a.m. Deals went down, even in my back yard, pistol shots included. Finally, I was able to move 15 miles out of town. It was wrenching, but being broke and Read More

Hope you can stand the humidity and tornado warnin - 6/6/2008
Gets hot and muggy fast. 2 tornado seasons and a hurricane season to throw in to Read More

Compare Meridian, Mississippi to any other place in the USA.

MAPS OF MERIDIAN, MISSISSIPPI
Check out the latest Maps in a variety of categories including cost of living, population, and commute time.Meridian,Mississippi Map
ZIP CODES IN MERIDIAN, MISSISSIPPI

$66,000
606 13th Ave
Bed 5 | Bath 2

PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION

Includes Cost of Living compares for child care, utilities, transportation, health, taxes, housing for home owners vs renters, weather, insurance premiums and so much more.