Carmel, New York

2 Reviews | Review This Place

Thanks for Voting!

Reviews for Carmel  based on 2 Reviews

Get to know Carmel with the latest comments and reviews from people who live in or have visited Carmel

Not much has changed? - 6/15/2009
I left Carmel for good in 1988 and never looked back. That being said, I thought my childhood in Carmel was about as idyllic as one could hope for. Large yards in a small neighborhood surrounded by nature meant one could just as easily round up enough friends to play football or opt to explore the woods or ride bikes to the reservoirs. Also, enough winter to play hockey on the ponds or sleigh ride.

Unfortunately, I believe the previous poster is correct. NY State in general is a fiscal disaster and corruption still reigns. I now live in the South where folks talk about the "old boy network"; well, I think it was a lot worse in NY.

Start Your Review of Carmel

Beautiful, nice schools but................. - 7/18/2008
Lived here(Carmel) eight years and love it but with the corrupt running the show this town,county,state(take your pick!)is bleeding us dry..They think an 27% property tax increase is nothing and fought long and to get it lowered to that after proposing a possible 40%..Its getting worse and its sad our home state could care less that its running everyone out. You need to make at least $150k to live like a normal not extravagant middle class Read More

Compare Carmel, New York to any other place in the USA.

MAPS OF CARMEL, NEW YORK

$195,000
9 Irvington Rd
Bed 2 | Bath 1

PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP

Members receive 10 FREE city profile downloads a month, unlimited access to our detailed cost of living calculator and analysis, unlimited access to our DataEngine, and more.