Golden, CO is a vibrant and exciting city that has plenty to offer its residents. It boasts some of the most affordable rental prices in the US with two bedroom apartments going for $1,760 compared to the average national rate of $1,430. On top of this, the grocery cost index in Golden is also higher than the national index at 104 versus 100.
The city is home to several major companies such as Coors Brewing Company, Crocs Inc., and American Furniture Warehouse. For those looking for employment opportunities in the area, these are all great places to start your search. Additionally, Golden is home to various educational institutions like Colorado School of Mines and Red Rocks Community College; both of these offer excellent academic programs as well as career opportunities in their respective fields. Whether you're looking for employment or simply wanting to explore Colorado's beautiful scenery, Golden has something for everyone!
Golden has an unemployment rate of 6.3%. The US average is 6.0%.
Golden has seen the job market increase by 2.8% over the last year. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 44.3%, which is higher than the US average of 33.5%.
Tax Rates for Golden
- The Sales Tax Rate for Golden is 4.5%. The US average is 7.3%.
- The Income Tax Rate for Golden is 4.6%. The US average is 4.6%.
- Tax Rates can have a big impact when Comparing Cost of Living.
Income and Salaries for Golden
- The average income of a Golden resident is $35,619 a year. The US average is $28,555 a year.
- The Median household income of a Golden resident is $83,976 a year. The US average is $69,021 a year.