Eau Claire, WI is a great place to live for those looking for an affordable yet comfortable lifestyle. The 2 bedroom rent in Eau Claire is significantly lower compared to the US average, making it a desirable choice for budget-conscious people. Additionally, the grocery cost index in Eau Claire is 6 points below the national average, making groceries more affordable here than they are on average across the USA.
When it comes to jobs, there are many big companies such as Menard’s, UW-Eau Claire and JAMF Software that have their headquarters here. These businesses offer career opportunities and other benefits such as health insurance plans and retirement planning services –just some of the perks you can get when you live in Eau Claire. The city also hosts a variety of outdoor activities for cyclists, hikers and other sports enthusiasts. In all, Eau Claire is an excellent choice for anyone looking to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle while saving money at the same time.
Eau Claire has an unemployment rate of 3.8%. The US average is 6.0%.
Eau Claire has seen the job market increase by 0.8% over the last year. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 34.2%, which is higher than the US average of 33.5%.
Tax Rates for Eau Claire
- The Sales Tax Rate for Eau Claire is 5.5%. The US average is 7.3%.
- The Income Tax Rate for Eau Claire is 6.3%. The US average is 4.6%.
- Tax Rates can have a big impact when Comparing Cost of Living.
Income and Salaries for Eau Claire
- The average income of a Eau Claire resident is $23,792 a year. The US average is $28,555 a year.
- The Median household income of a Eau Claire resident is $60,562 a year. The US average is $69,021 a year.