Select a New Section:

Unknown

Start Your Review of Texas, TX

3/28/2017
Texas is rapidly changing
There are numerous positives about TX. They include a strong work effort, basic honesty of its citizens, & no state income tax. Unfortunately major metro areas of DFW, Houston, & Austin are experiencing dramatic housing cost increases. Most middle class families & individuals are rapidly becoming priced out of safe & decent housing (both rental & ownership).

8/17/2016
Texas is not a great place to live.
You are sad, young girl from Austin, Texas. I was born, and raised, in New Jersey, and I wouldn't trade my youth spent growing up in the Garden State for anything.
I moved to Houston, Texas with my family in 1974, and the first things I discovered were the unbearable summer heat, and very mean people from Texas, and the south.
During the summers in Jersey one can play outside, all day, and into the evening. In Texas the heat is soooo oppressive (afternoon temp 115 degrees; 40 percent humidity) that one must stay inside.
The people, well that is another story. If you are not from Texas it takes a very long time to land a good job. To them you are just another 'damn yankee'. I heard that term at work, at parties, etc.
Texas is not the wonderland that Texans think it is.

3/6/2016
Moving

10/27/2015
Searching
Looking for someplace to settle down.

7/18/2015
The Great State of TEXAS!!!
Big things happening in "Big T"

6/4/2015
Especially for Sabra in Arlington, TX
I turned to JDate because I was curious. Tonight (6/4/15) I saw your member's view on climate. I was tempted to join JDate but I'm not sure if Sabra is still available. Hope that she will answer this to fmmigdol@gmail.com or phone me: (972)978-5487. Now for the quality of life:
You are what you think. Think positive and expect positive results. The glass is half-full. You can achieve what you want if you really work at it. It requires perseverance. Think Successful...Be Successful.
About me: I live in Coppell and have been a Dallas area resident since '68. I have a master's in public relations (Boston Univ.)and have over 40 yrs of exp in PR & Marketing. Easy going, adventurous, love to travel, love Israel. I'm traditional but Reform. I've worked in the restaurant and franchising business. If you're not Sabra but want to explore a relationship please contact me. All good wishes!

4/27/2015
life in texas
life is good but its time for a change

4/19/2015
Taxes
Although Texas does not have state income tax, sales tax at 8.25% and excessive property tax take a huge bite out of income. Taxes on a $200,000 home in most Texas cities will cost you approximately $5,500 per year. For a retiree on a limited income from social security and other pension income, there are many other states where paying income tax and property tax is a major savings over Texas property taxes.

9/21/2014
Relocating
Seeking information on the best zip codes to live and work in.

9/3/2014
Texas, a great place to grow business
Texas is a growing and bustling place to do business!

3/11/2014
TX is great in many ways but one is there’s no sta
TX is great in many ways but one is there’s no state income tax!

3/5/2014
Texas
Great housing costs down here.

2/18/2014
LOOKING FOR A QUIET BUT NOT BORING ENVIRONMENT
I am researching the usa for a place to relocate with my 24 year old daughter who still resides with me. I prefer an area with little humidity.

11/11/2013
first time home buyer
first time home buyer - looking to move from va to possibly Houston tx with a budget of 180000

9/16/2013
Relocating to Texas
I am an African American single mother planning to relocate to the great state of TX in June 2013. I am trying to research the safest, kid-friendly and family oriented places here. I am a professional in the accounting/finance industry looking for a change from the hustle and bustle of Georgia. I would love information on rental properties and jobs as well.ANY advise or information is welcome.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Compare Texas, Texas to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: