Search for any place in the USA:

SperlingViews - Texas, Texas

Overview, People, Health, Economy, Housing, Rankings, Climate, Crime
Education, Comments, Transportation, Cost of Living, Religion, Voting

74.06% of people are white, 11.79% are black, 3.89% are asian, 0.51% are native american, and 7.47% claim 'Other'. 37.60% of the people in Texas, TX, claim hispanic ethnicity (meaning 62.40% are non-hispanic).

Have an opinion about Texas? Leave a comment.

MRS.BG
Grand Rapids, MI
looking to relocate - 2/6/2012

I'm looking to relocate to Houston Texas but can't seem to find any area that i can really go .I need help on looking for the RIGHT area that fits my family needs i need middle/high schools,cloe to shopping and colleges,i am looking to go to college so if there's some good advice out their PLease hELP mE [read more...]

Jr
North Richland Hills, TX
Texas is great - 1/29/2012

I've lived in Texas my whole life, I have visited slot of other states but the overall quality of life u get here is top notch. Alot of people will gripe about heat, yes it's hot if u do not like heat sorry it's hot here, move up north. The people here are extremely nice and if u are looking for stuff to do, there is more than I can possibly mention to do in Texas. [read more...]

KAREN
Katy, TX
Relocating and need opinions on Boerne or Kerrvil - 1/15/2012

We are from Katy, TX and deciding whether to relocate (due to my husband's job) to either Kerrville or Boerne (Cordillera Ranch). Which is a better place to live also we have two kids ages 11 and 14. Any comments on schools, community, how people are sociable, etc. Any information would be great.[read more...]

Jean
Abilene, TX
Not so Great - 12/14/2011

Texas is not the ideal place for everyone, least of all me.We live in a town so boring, the excitement is watching the grass grow. Nothing to do, no place to go withour traveling hundreds of miles. Wind blows in the summer all the time.High utility bills,no jobs ( few like Wal-Mart,Burger King etc) pay minium at best. Its a right to work state so employers can hire slave labor.The restraunts are mediocre at best. Been here 3 years too long.Want to move to Las Vegas!!!![read more...]

Jon
Burleson, TX
Texas Weather - 11/22/2011

The weather in Texas is extreme. The summers are REDICULOUS. It is too hot to handle. Drought is the common theme. Even when it does rain, it onkly takes a few days to get back to drought restrictions.[read more...]

Jay
Leander, TX
Texas is an armpit of America - 11/17/2011

Most part of Texas is just butt ugly and its an armpit of the United State of America. Mostly in the panhandle and a large area in west Texas is just plain and ugly nothing to see. Far east Texas is ok there a lot of Oak and Pine trees which is looks better than the rest of texas. Its so hot and humid here in Texas and its seem like summer is getting longer every year and less rain every year and water is becoming a serious problem here. Nothing really much to do and if you try to do something fun outdoor during the summer you can get sick from the heat. I have live in Arizona, California, and New Mexico and Texas is the worse state I ever live. I am moving back out west maybe to Oregon or Reno Nv where I will be closer to California and Oregon and I just can't wait to move out of Texas and its easy to get tired of living in Texas than all the other state I live in before. I thought that Arizona was bad living in Phoenix but no texas is worse than Arizona. I miss the drier air and the Mountains out west and the blue ocean. I am fixing to move out of Texas very soon.[read more...]

Gaby
Belton, TX
weather - 11/13/2011

Love winters in Texas![read more...]

Crystal
Queen City, TX
Very Hot and Dry Summer - 10/24/2011

After living at the Lake of the Ozarks for two years, and becoming acclimated to snowy winters, our family moved back to Texas in early 2010 to land in the hottest summer in Texas history. In two words, it was absolutely miserable. The house we live in does not have ample insulation at all. Even with multiple layers of curtains, three window units and the central air on almost constantly, the inside temperature was 85 degrees or higher during the day, for months. The outdoor air was thick and suffocating, and being outside was tolerable for a few minutes at a time, even early in the morning. I do not recommend Texas for seniors, children, or middle-aged women who suffer from hot flashes. I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas, and I cannot wait to leave the South forever.[read more...]

Parelee
Porter, TX
Texas is a Great State - 10/22/2011

I love everything Texas! [read more...]

Matthew
Killeen, TX
Killeen-Temple-Fort Hood, Texas - 10/4/2011

The Killeen-Temple-Fort Hood, Texas metro area is the best place to live and raise a family. The Cost of living and quality of life are affordable. The perdominance of active duty and retirees gives the aire of stability and comforts of hometown living. Affordable housing: homes for sale and rental market rates are competitive. Country living at it bests. From Texas you can travel anywhere in any direction by air or by land and enjoy life. [read more...]

Jay
Leander, TX
Not so great - 9/21/2011

Texas is not so great because the weather is so miserable here from late May until Sept. Not so pretty here and its alright in a few places. Its so boring and not many sight seeing. Out west like California,Oregon,Washington,and Colorado there is many sight seeing to see and many outdoors things to do and here in Texas if you try to do some fun outdoors activity you might get a heat stroke because its so hot and humid here in Texas most of the time its over 100 degree everyday and drought is a huge problem and a growing problem. The panhandle of Texas is just butt ugly and its flat with no trees and mostly grass. Southeast Texas there a lot of pine trees which I like but its still flat and is so humid compare to the panhandle. West texas is very boring nothing to see and there is some mountains until you reach closer to EL Paso but EL Paso is a boring city and ugly. There is many illegals living in Texas and its a very serious problem because they are causing a lot of crime problems. The job market is a joke here in Texas and I have no luck finding a really good job with high pay. I should have stay in California or move Oregon or maybe to Colorado but my family talk into me to move to Tx and now they all move out. Some people here are nice but not very many and they are mostly snobs. I have visit other states where people are so much nicer and I came from a state where people are much nicer than Tx. Property taxes is a joke here and its so high that I don't know how people here can afford their house payment with those high property taxes. Other states like Oregon and Colorado have a much lower property taxes. I am moving to Oregon or colorado because the weather there is so much more comfortable than Texas. Its may rain a lot in Oregon during the winter but I rather live somewhere where the summer is so nice and not deal with a crappy summer in Tx. I am fixing to move out of Texas very soon.[read more...]

Jack
Weatherford, TX
Housing - 7/30/2011

Very affordable [read more...]

BJ
Garland, TX
Thanks - 7/7/2011

Thanks for the helpful comparisons.[read more...]

mary
Garland, TX
It's the heat - 6/16/2011

Texas is just hot, no matter when, no matter where. [read more...]

PhilMar
Cedar Hill, TX
Premier City - 5/22/2011

A vibrant fast growing premier city richly diverse in culture and neighborhoods.Economic growth of new shopping centers,educational centers and many new business relocating.Great tax break incentives for new business growth.Parks,,fitness centers and a outstanding recreation center[read more...]

PJ
Fort Worth, TX
Texas - 5/7/2011

Very conservative socially, politically, economically, and religiously, except for a few more progressive towns and enclaves at universities.[read more...]

Cathy
College Station, TX
Crime in Texas is Increasing - 2/25/2011

If you are considering relocating to Texas, you need to know about the rapidly rising crime rate. Crime is on the increase not only along the Texas/Mexico border and large cities throughout the state. Crime is increasing in rural areas as well. Thoroughly research the area of Texas you are considering relocating to. Better yet, choose a safer state and city to live in.[read more...]

Steven
From Texas - 2/25/2011

I've Lived in Multiple States and Multiple communities... I hope I will be a helpful contributor. [read more...]

Rebecca
League City, TX
Texas, Our Texas - 1/16/2011

I'm proud to be a 4th generation Texan. Although, our family has vacationed in many states through my childhood and adult years, I can't imagine living anywhere else. We have a culturally diverse population which is truly a manifestation of the inscription on the NY, Statue of Liberty. "Give me your tired, your poor,..." Our state has aided people during hurricanes, floods, and many other disasters. Our economy has remained one of the strongest, during the volatile times. Texas is a land beaming with opportunity. I am a city girl, but my family has cattle ranches in South Texas...hundreds of acres. Yes, they are real cowboys! I'll never forget going to the ranch as a child (1970's) in my bell bottom jeans and platform shoes...looking for Native American Indian arrowheads...I didn't realize the historical importance at that time. My Texas life affords me the luxury of going to the Houston Theatre district one night, and visiting real cowboys. The food is great in Texas: French, Asian, Texas Country Cooking, Italian,...you name it, we've got some of the best. Our southern hospitality is second to none! Don't listen to the uneducated rants of an ignorant few :) Pray for them to put away the hate! There's enough of that in the world. Let's teach our children to strive for peace and put away the hate. God bless America and God bless Texas! Daughter of an American Vet and Proud Texan, Rebecca [read more...]

KP
Greenville, TX
Living in Texas - 1/9/2011

Texas is friendly and the value of homes for the cost is great. Salaries are comprable to other places that cost more to live and the cost of iving is reasonable. There are so many different landscapes in this state. Eastern Texas is so green with a lot of lakes. In the south there is the coast. Westward is like the old west depicted in television. There are a lot of variety and options for school, career, and it is possible to live outside a major city and feel like you are in a small rural community.[read more...]

<< Prev Next >>