Cold, cloudy, wet, remote
It takes a special set of preferences to select Arcata. Is this you?
- You love clouds and fog. You are happy if you see the sun maybe 10-20 times a year.
- Chilly weather is great. After a loooong wet rainy season, you are happy to see the weather shift to windy and foggy all "summer." You are glad it rarely gets warmer than 65 degrees F, and usually is only 55 F in summer.
- You hate summertime. You'll love it here -- we don't get a summer. Fairbanks Alaska is warmer in summer than Arcata.
- Remoteness is great. You don't need access to quality healthcare, or a hub airport, or decent highways. You love driving for hours on winding two-lane roads to see you friends and family. Its great when landslides block roads in and out.
- You love really expensive gasoline. Probably the most expensive in CA.
- You really love paying super high prices to a monopoly air carrier with some of the very worst scores for Read More