I gave this town a 2 (generous rating) because while there were a lot of things I did not like about living there, I did like the scenery (it's a very green town) and some of the people were exceptionally friendly. Now, here's everything I hate about this place and good reasons you should NOT move to College Station.
1. Small town - It's a small town with all the small town handicaps, some of which will be listed below.
2. Car dependent - I don't drive, this town is not for people without vehicles. Public transportation is unreliable and very VERY limited.
3. The people - Yes there were plenty of kind people, but remember you're in Texas, and College Station is a red town, you'll feel that all around, regardless of the "southern hospitality".
4. Safety - I did not feel safe living in the town even though they reportedly had low crime rates. Again, it's a republican town, you will feel those republican values.
5. Employment - Aside from working in the Read More