Review of Temple, Texas

Living in Temple, TX
Star Rating - 5/30/2013
Can anyone tell me if the Killeen-Temple-Ft. Hood area is a good place to live for African-American families?
Thea | Jacksonville, FL

3 Replies

I can't imagine asking a question like this based on race. Americans have the same freedoms regardless of race. There are good and bad people everywhere. There is freedom to choose where one lives and I suggest not caring about anything but what is right for you. Visit an area and get a feel about it for yourself. If you're spiritual, pray for guidance. If you feel guided there spiritually, nothing else should matter. That's my take on it.
Helene | Dallas, TX

I understand that we have the same freedoms regardless of race. I have generational family members that helped to fight for those freedoms in the military. Unfortunately, there are still cities and towns where there is a culture of racism and un-Christian thinking, and I do not want to subject my children or myself to that. We are looking for diversity, a sense of community, and Christian values. I'm glad you have the luxury of not having to ask about race, and one day, I hope I won't ever have to ask that question either. But since, I has this question 6 years ago, my husband and I have visited Temple, and we really liked it, and after careful prayer, we plan to move there this summer. Thank you.
Thea | Ogden, UT

Anybody know what side of Temple is best to live on?
AJ | Schertz, TX