Phoenix isn't that bad
It really isn't that bad, I don't know why everyone on here is freaking out. I've lived in Mesa to the east for more than 15 years. Phoenix isn't the best city in the world but it's more than livable and it's perfect if you hate weather. There are more than enough amenities to make up for the bad parts but at the end of the day Phoenix is a big city and big cities have issues like homelessness, crime and a higher cost of living. If you're looking for a big city that doesn't snow and is relatively cheap compared to the job market then Phoenix might be for you. Just also make sure you look into the surrounding suburbs like Mesa, Scottsdale, Glendale etc. There's even ski access 3 hours north in Flagstaff if you are dying to get out of the heat.
- big city amenities
- great city for music lovers, there are live shows everywhere
- some of the best food in the US, especially the Mexican food
- Tempe has college town amenities
- great job market, it's easy(ish) to find and keep a high-paying job for most people
- winter weather is beautiful, 60 degrees almost every day from November-February
- great city for professional sports lovers
- It's really hot for most of the year
- there are some crime hot spots, just make sure to do your research
- traffic isn't terrible but the 101 loop sucks around rush hour
- parts of Phoenix are really brown and ugly
- housing and rent can be expensive
Don't listen to the insanely crabby people on this website. There are a lot of parts to love about Phoenix and a lot of parts to hate, it's just a matter of if this city fits what you need or not.
Zach | Mesa, AZ