Review of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Harsh and Repressive
Star Rating - 2/10/2017
I am not sure where Bert got his information, from what I can tell he based his evaluation on economic and nothing else. In my opinion the review written in Oct, 2015 by Amy in Turtle revealed the true character of Pittsburgh that still holds true today. In addition to her comments Pittsburgh is sorely lacking in diversity in all area's that I have listed.
Understanding and appreciating interdependence of humanity, cultures, and the natural environment.
Practicing mutual respect for qualities and experiences that are different from our own.
*Understanding that diversity includes not only ways of being but also ways of knowing;
*Recognizing that personal, cultural and institutionalized discrimination creates and sustains privileges for some while creating and sustaining disadvantages for others;
*Building alliances across differences so that we can work together to eradicate all forms of discrimination.

Pittsburger's don't know how or don't care to relate to those qualities and conditions that are different from their own. They all pretty much think act and react the same way irregardless to educational, economic or social status. The only culture is that of a European Immigrant, with a take it or leave attitude. My proverbial summary of Pittsburgh, it is Clannish. A closed group of people united by a common interest or idea. It does not the luxury of a clique that could offer diverse groups of people that have things in common.

I am seriously considering leaving I moved here about 11 yrs. ago and still cannot adjust to the mentality. One last note on Pittsburgh big claim of the friendliest city that a farce the majority people here look past you not even acknowledging your presence if you are not some one they know and respect. The people take the negative approach to any interaction if they have the slightest misconception. They don' reason they react in a rude, disrespectful, defensive and argumentative way

Not a nice place to live unless you fall in the category listed above

Rhonda | Bellevue, PA

5 Replies

Ally J, You really just made her point. She never stated she hated white people; she merely called the majority here dense. With your comment, and clear lack of understanding of her verbiage, you're exhibit A.
Brittani | Upper St. Clair, PA

Harsh and repressive is a liberal, Bwaha ha ha Move to California. It's supposed to be amazing. ?? Funny everyone from California is leaving. They are all coming to Pittsburgh. Now THAT is what is hard and repressive.
Missy | Pittsburgh, PA

why don't you move to Harlem, NY then if you hate white people so much
Ally | Ogden, UT

If you find Pittsburgh to be so unfriendly, I strongly urge you to research before your next move. It is one of the friendliest cities I have come across and I have lived throughout the United States. I personally think each city is what you make it (to an extent). Cheer up! So many places have it far worse!
Chelsea | Encinitas, CA

I am planning to move here from Long Beach, ca. This place is as diverse as it gets including no manners, homelessness, drug addicts, filth, and violent crime. No one speaks English and the majority of the people are brown. I will gladly trade “diversity” for people that have the same upbringing, ethics, manners, and politics.
Liz | Long Beach, CA