Review of Portland, Oregon

Homeless Drug Addict Utopia; Hell for Families
Star Rating - 9/3/2019
We've lived here for 4 years, transplants from Seattle, and can't wait to move away,

A homeless woman lives on the playground of my daughter's school in downtown Portland. Sometimes she assaults 1st graders (the youngest group on that playground,) causing injuries and forcing the school to go into lock-down. The police refuse to remove her "because that would violate her rights." Children in Portland have no right not to be assaulted and are often targets of Rose City Antifa scare tactics.

Antifa likes to chase small children with weapons if they see them downtown.

If you are on hard drugs, sleep exclusively outdoors, and use public walk-ways as a toilet Portland welcomes you with open arms.

Otherwise, you should feel shame because you are probably inconveniencing a drug addicted homeless person, a.k.a. someone who matters more than you, at least in Portland.
Katie | Aloha, OR

8 Replies

"Children in Portland have no right not to be assaulted and are often targets of Rose City Antifa scare tactics. Antifa likes to chase small children with weapons if they see them downtown." This is absurd. Are you serious?
Jamie | Portland, OR

I agree with your overall sentiment of Portland. I lived there for over a decade. Although as much as I don't care for Antifa children are not random targets of them and they do not "chase small children with weapons" down the street. Just because they're dressed in all black does not make them Antifa. They are probably regular drug addicted street kids. And honestly it's insane that you would have your child go to school in downtown Portland. Most of the shitty parts of Portland are downtown. Go to SE or Woodstock and it's very nice and quiet. Portland overall though is going to shit for sure.
Chris | Portland, OR

LOL. Why does your kid even go to downtown for grade school? I was born and raised here. Here's my opinion with Portland. The homeless is pretty bad, but I've seen worst. Seeing as you're probably in the downtown area - that's as bad as it gets. One time I was in Seattle, and there was this women who kept following us asking for money and wouldn't go away until we literally told her off. Also, a homeless guy stalking me in Chinatown after I gave him a dollar. Come on, stop making it sound like it's a Portland only issue. Antifa are pretty annoying but I wouldn't say they define Portland. Do you know how many people move to Portland because of the image the media gives us? I can tell you for a fact, that the majority of the people you meet around or near the downtown area.. are in fact not native to Portland but a bunch of posers who wants to associate themselves with "keep portland weird" and who thinks being political correct makes them better than you. Portland is a liberal city, and quite a progressive one but it's not the natives who are bad. I've worked and went to University in downtown Portland. People often found it surprising when they learn I born here. Portland has racists, that's a fact. But if you grew up here, you would see how far we've come. So please, don't dog on us for not meeting your expectations, and if you ask me, your opinion seem extremely short-sighted. Do your research before you move somewhere and your kid wouldn't end up going to school in the least appealing area.
Frank |

This is hilarious seeing as Seattle has the same homeless issues (as does any other large city). This lady is clearly just too conservative and close minded to he happy anywhere lol.
Renee | Portland, OR

Yes, sure, Antifa chases kids around. LMAO . . . The homeless problem began when Reagan and subsequent Republicans destroyed the mental health system in many parts of the country, and they end up in Portland . .

sharon | Portland, OR

Portland has gone to hell in the last ten years. Downtown is a travesty. You can barely walk for all the homeless drug addicts’ tents and sleeping bags. It used to be a lovely and safe city, but now its a cesspool. Overly liberal policy makers have destroyed this once safe, clean, and beautiful city. Now it’s dangerous, teeming with homeless, and snarled with traffic. If youre smart, stay away. Sorry but I lived here 20 years and saw the decline. So unfair to the residents.
Stacee | Beaverton, OR