Review of Las Vegas, Nevada

Great plyace to live!
Star Rating - 3/16/2019
I am originally from Sothern California and moved to Las Vegas in 1991. In 1998 I moved to Central Florida, then Texas, back to Vegas. Yes, we move a lot. Everytime we left Vegas I missed it. We moved to Georgia, then Florida and I hate it and our final move is back to Vegas at the end of this year. My husband lived in Florida when I met him so it was a tug back and forth over the last 20 years.

Vegas is home for me. Vegas is more than the gambling and the Las zvegas Strip. Yes, it gets hot in the summer but there is virtually no humidity. The people I find are more friendly and outgoing. The spring and fall are fantastic and the winters are mild. The thing I found most amazing is that I never knew I had arthritis until I moved away from the dry desert. I have been suffering horribly since we moved back to Florida.

I am sure Vegas is not for everyone, but it is definitely for me and can hardly wait until we get back home! We ne more thing..
No state income tax and property taxes are less than 1/2 what we are paying if Florida. As an example, our property taxes in. Eva’s for a 3,800 sq ft House was $5,000 per year, in Florida I almost fainted when we got our tax bill of 11,000 for a 2,400 sq ft house. Outrageous.
Cheryl | Ormond-by-the-Sea, FL

3 Replies

Hi! I am originally from Utah and moved to St. Petersburg, FL a few years back. I am starting to really miss the red rocks and mountains, A LOT! Seeing as how climate change could potentially put my current city under water in a few year, I have been looking into Las Vegas. There are no state income taxes and I would be within driving distance of 3 national parks. I LOVE backpacking and hiking. Also Vegas is only a 5 hour drive to Salt Lake City, where my family still lives. I spent a lot of time in my 20s in Las Vegas so I feel like it is almost a second home. I am only 37 so I want to stay in FL a couple more years but have been researching the best places to eventually retire to. Also, I am not a fan of the snow. Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated. BTW - the summers are TERRIBLE in FL. I don't know how much longer I can handle this humidity.
Cambrie | St. Petersburg, FL

Yes, my daughter hasn't had an asthma attack in the 12 years of living in Las Vegas compared to Marietta, GA and living in Fort Walton Beach, Fl however for me I can't take these now longer and more humid summers any longer in Vegas nor can I take the lack of beautiful greenery, grass, birds, especially not being near a decent bit of water. I won't go back to Florida and I can't afford many major cities for rent prices keep soaring but I would love any feedback on a town somewhere in Oregon, Washington State, Idaho, or somewhere I can live making hopefully $12 hour or minimum wage and I'm 45 single,caring, honest, Nana so want to stay closer to Las Vegas to visit my grandchild. My e-mail is jml1232@yahoo.com if ANYBODY is able to take time out of your life's to help a stranger with advice or recommendations or if you get this e-mail I will hopefully get it. Thank you all and GOD BLESS
jean | Las Vegas, NV

Just joined this site today. I'm interested in Henderson NV. Want a home in a gated Community, 55+. I live right now in Keizer, OR. Taxes in Oregon are outrageous. Seems like there is some crime in the Vegas area and that concerns me. I saw a house I like and in the last 4 days it's gone down 9,000 bucks! Are houses overpriced to begin with? Just researching right now. If you have any advice please feel free. I'm also concerned that Nevada that was once a red state is turning blue, like Oregon is.
Marsha | Keizer, OR