Select a New Section:

Start Your Review of Miami, FL

Miami is changing ....
I was born and raised in Miami, and sadly it is evolving into something I don't recognize. My wife and our two children are actively looking for jobs elsewhere. The traffic is horrible. We commute anywhere from 30-60 minutes each way to work. We leave our homes by 630 AM or earlier just to make it to work on time. You must speak Spanish to get by. Spanish is the 1st language anywhere south of Ft. Lauderdale. If you do not speak Spanish you will have a tough time getting by and will be ridiculed by someone that just arrived here from another country and refuses to assimilate.

Cost of living is like nothing I have ever seen. There is a "Downtown" area.... only because of the buildings and architecture. But the traffic, congestion, and expense that comes along with living in a major downtown like NYC is almost impossible to escape.

Restaurants and nightlife are great if you're single and like the party lifestyle or if you are visiting. This is definitely a fantastic place to be. I am not arguing against this one bit.

But if you are raising a family, trying to buy a "normal" house etc... its really expensive... Homes are $500,000 + you'll have to invest another $100,000 + to fix the damage that was left behind. There is no land to build your own. 90% of homes are Zero lot homes on 5000-8000 sq foot lots. If you want land be prepared to pay $1,000,000 range. Town homes are in the $300,000 + range depending on the area, some even $500,000+

Regarding schools, there are a few good public schools, but they are hard to come by. Parochial schools are expensive and you'll have 30+ kids in a class.

The beaches are OK... But truth be told, we frequent the west coast much more often.

I love you Miami... But its time to GO!

liked it
smaller than I thought, traffic seemed thick, good food and nice weather

What to said, I live here since 2013, I'm Cuban, but I have to said that I'm truly surprised for what we are doing with this city, We have to do something with the traffic and the insanely drivers who drive as they own way, the police department are not working on that way and of course all Latins who live here think they are in they own country, so, people, we are not living in Cuba,Venezuela,Mexico,Ecuador,Honduras,Nicaragua,Colombia, we are living in America now, we have to care about our city, we have to adapt and respect the law, I feel here that I'm not living in USA, but I feel this is the City more closer to USA :(

Worst place in America
This has to be the absolute worst place to live in America. The climate is horrible, along with the majority of the people. I can't believe that I lived there for so long. I went from living in the worst city, to living in the best city in America. The best city being San Diego, with the best climate, and where the majority of the people are polite and friendly.I am currently in Miami visiting my mother, and I can't wait to return to civilization. You will be hard pressed to find anyone that speaks english in Miami. I here people bad mouth Mexicans a lot, but at least the Mexicans in California speak english and try to assimilate to the American way of life. Miami is actually an embarrassment to the United States. Miami is simply pathetic. I feel very sorry for the good people that live there.Good luck Miamians,because you really need it.

Cheap home insurance
My wife and I actually just purchased a home in the Miami area for around $330,000 and the homeowners insurance was outrageous! It was almost $6,000, $5,700 to be exact. I searched everywhere and finally I found out you have to receive what is called a wind mitigation report and in this area it decreases the homeowners insurance by almost half! Which was nice! The company which helped me out was a Miami agency Unbeatable Insurance Agency which out of all the companies I called had the lowest rate and of course were very nice. If you guys are searching I told them I would recommend anyone who ask me. Hope this helps =)

Sales & Rent
City of Miami housing for rent or for sale with family of low income or poor credit

Climate is amazing

Miami way to high the price you may pay for living
Miami, or just any city from West Palm Beach all the way to Key Largo is expensive.

1. if you want to rent, prices are super higher, like if you want to live near downtown Miami, you are looking around $ 3000.00/monthly. If your budget is tight you must move all the way to Homestead where you can rent 2/2 for $950.00

2. Don't forget the tolls (all over Miami) if you live in Homestead and work in Miami, the commute isn't 25 mins... (I wish) is more like an hour and half almost two hours depending how early you leave, accidents, etc. (toll average ($120/month).

3. Auto Insurance, one of the most expensive cities. One full cover could ho up to $ 220 per 1 car.
Accidents on the freeway... 10every hour. People drive like crazy.

Groceries, well expensive compared to other cities.

And the rest well it mostly depends where you live, but a job for starters, let's say Walgreens $8/hr, or less.

English language almost none, everyone speaks spanish, too many Hispanics, not that botherbother me, but is tough place to rise a family if you are not wealthy.

If 65% goes on your place, 20% in your car insurance, gasoline, sunpass. 15 % in bills like cable, internet,phones, energy... left is only food, no time for entertainment...Think about coming to Miami, is not worthy.

Elsa Pardo
I am also interested in Miami-Dade County and Florida statistics.

Thank you.

Great weather for the most part.

Climate in Miami
Wonderful climate in South Florida!

Go to Austin...
South FL ... thumbs down

Better Place For Our Family
I am a native of Miami Dade County, Florida. I have lived here all of my life, but the place I grew up in is nothing like the place it is today. The cost of living is through the roof and the pay is below the standard cost of living. A degree counts for nothing in the job market here, because unemployment is substantially high and you have more educated people applying for the same positions, so employer can get away with pay ridiculously low wages.
People here no longer speak English as the first language. Spanish is the norm. You will always be addressed in Spanish, before being addressed in English.
The crime rate is through the roof and 70% of people are on welfare.
There is always someone trying to hustle or scam you out of money. Business owners here have a hard time collecting revenue for services rendered.
It is a terrible place for the middle class family, trying to raise well rounded, law abiding family.

Christian Private School
Windsor Academy is a Private Christian Academy that specializes in educating students 1st - 12th grades.

Windsor Academy also assist adults or students who did not pass the FCAT and would like to earn a High School Diploma.

Windsor Academy's staff assist graduates with their future endeavors such as attending Miami Dade University,where they currently have a number of graduates attending.

Windsor Academy has dynamic and energetic staff who will properly guide and assist you with your educational future.

Contact the academy if you are interested 305-624-0665 or stop by 16400 NW 15th Ave. Miami, FL 33169

looking fof best places for families to live in Miami dade

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Compare Miami, Florida to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: