Search for any place in the USA:

SperlingViews - Las_Vegas, Nevada

Overview, People, Health, Economy, Housing, Rankings, Climate, Crime
Education, Comments, Transportation, Cost of Living, Religion, Voting

70.07% of people are white, 10.91% are black, 6.30% are asian, 0.64% are native american, and 7.37% claim 'Other'. 31.65% of the people in Las Vegas, NV, claim hispanic ethnicity (meaning 68.35% are non-hispanic).

Have an opinion about Las Vegas? Leave a comment.

Josh
I LOVE LAS VEGAS - 12/3/2014

I absolutely adore this magnificent city and have lived here for the majority of my life. The suburbs are beautiful and most of the people I meet are very kind. The restaurants are incredible and rival both New York City and Paris. The shopping is world class. The shows are world class. Many of the homes in the affluent suburbs are beautiful. I highly recommend Las Vegas! [read more...]

Jetaun
Word of Life Christian Academy Pre-school - 12/2/2014

I read a poor review regarding Word of Life Christian Academy Pre-school. That person must of been anger about something, because that pre-school is AWESOME! The pre-school director has been there over 10 years. She can't be that bad. Just visit the school for yourself. Don't trust the reviews, however, most of them are positive ones. And no way is the school all about money, it is one of the cheaper schools in the city. Make sure you read the dates on these reviews because it is 2014 people and that school has really grown!!! [read more...]

Deborah
Las Vegas, A Personal View - 11/30/2014

I've lived here for 15 years. I've found that Las Vegas has a lot to offer. The cost of living is reasonable, housing is affordable, and there is always something to do either in Las Vegas or the surrounding areas. You can generally get a buffet for less than $10. There are free concerts, plays, and shows. There are free magazines that will show you where they are and when. As far as employment, it's about par with the nation. There are many agencies to help you through the tough times. My only complaint is the summer heat. [read more...]

HP
Not a nice place to live - 11/17/2014

I have lived here for almost 8 years and hate it. The only thing keeping me here is the low cost of living. My biggest gripes are the sketchy people ,climate, and crime. My husband and I live in a condo in Summerlin, which is one of the nicest areas. Our neighbor was just evicted for conducting a Meth lab. My husband and I recently took a vacation to Utah and were amazed at how normal and nice everyone seemed. I did not want to come back to drug addicts, purple hair and criminals. Summers are HOT!!! Unbearable. What's really disapointing is I look forward to the fall and spring mild temperatures but it is ruined by wind! Crime is out of control. I drove to the east side of town and noticed lots of police activity. We have had numerous problems in our complex and police are too slow to respond, if they respond at all. I guess they are overloaded with calls! Home prices are very low compared to other states. So, once you buy property here, it will be difficult to find a comparable home in other states if you decide Vegas is not for you. The lure of the strip, attracted my husband and I to move to Vegas. Ironically it's the crime and corruption of living near the strip that is driving us out! [read more...]

Lin
Granny's pros & cons - 10/29/2014

Most places have pros and cons of why some people like living there and some people don't. Just look at what is important to you. Las Vegas can be Sin City, with gambling and sexy entertainment of the "night life". But it also has many quiet, friendly neighborhoods, malls, good jobs, and many churches. PROS: I do not go to "the strip" or casinos, but there are many activities to pursue around the area. There are many museums, cultural & art programs; check out the Springs Preserve or the Smith center. The layout makes it easy to get around town. School district has good bus transportation. There are many national parks near here, as well as Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. I can take an inexpensive bus ride to visit relatives & friends in southern California (or the beach!) if I don't want to make the four or five hour drive. It's a six hour drive to Salt Lake City and nine hours to lovely Lake Tahoe. Plane fares to almost anywhere are very reasonable. No state income taxes! CONS: Schools can be a bit tricky. Need to look at charter or magnet schools (no cost to families) for the better ones. It is HOT in July & August (desert climate), but no humidity makes it bearable. Much preferable to heat & humidity of NJ or Alabama!! And there is air conditioning in businesses, homes, and cars.[read more...]

Dan07
Las Vegas Is a Great Place to Live - 10/27/2014

Las Vegas is a great city to live in! Been here over 10 years...moved here from small town Northern Utah. So many things to love: no snow to shovel, no icy roads (usually...it is a desert), affordable housing, no state income tax, easy roadtrip distance to CA (without CA taxes), close to recreational opportunities (Mount Charleston, Red Rock Canyon, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Lake Mead, Death Valley), and low airfare to most of the country for travel. Surprisingly, I have a number of family members that have moved here from Hawaii and Utah due to lower cost of living and accessibility. Hawaiian Airlines flies direct to Vegas while SLC,UT is a 6 hour roadtrip! I find it interesting how negative some of these postings come across....The truth is that most locals that live in town for a permanent amount of time do not live on the Strip. We live in outer suburban areas with our families and pets. We go for walks in the mornings around the park and have outdoor bbq's with neighbors. I can only speak for myself, but some of these negative postings sound like they're coming from transient people running away from problems 'back home.' Moving to Las Vegas WILL NOT remove the problems you are running away from. Nevada history is full of pioneers that are tough, resilient characters that set out to make this desert a comfortable place we now can call home. For residents living in Las Vegas but are complaining that things aren't the way they would like, I encourage them to involve themselves with the community to create change. Las Vegas is a really big small town. We are NOT Los Angeles or New York, but do share some of the same restaurants, nightlife, and amenities! Compared to Utah, there are several occupations that pay substantially more in Las Vegas. The minimum wage in Nevada is above federal requirements. I feel for the pessimists on these forums because I really don't think they are taking advantage of what this city has to offer! On a side note for anyone that enjoys gardening, fall/winter/spring offers an easy growing season for cool season veggies without any work. My citrus fruits ripen from late October-April and I've just about picked all my ripe pomegranates off the tree in late October. As the weather cools, my hot tub gets used much more than the swimming pool and it's great weather outdoors for a fire-pit. [read more...]

Nicole
Birmingham, AL
Trying to relocate to Vegas - 10/16/2014

I have been applying for jobs and sending in resumes all over the Nevada area, I am trying to relocate there from Alabama. I know at some point I will just have to quit my job and go out there and look but I need to save a little more. If it was just me I'd be ok but I have a little one to consider. Are there any companies willing to hire someone from out of state without a college degree. I have years of working experience just not a degree.

on line abortion pill read here order abortion pill

Niki
Schools - 10/2/2014

Not a fan of The Las Vegas school system...so I am using this site to compare other school systems for my two young boys.[read more...]

Natalia
Las Vegas living,... - 8/16/2014

We lived on the east coast, in New Jersey, for 20 years. After living in Las Vegas for here weeks I looked at my husband and said,"Please never make me go back there!" I'm going to do some comparisons for anyone considering a move from the east coast. Here's the deal. In NJ the cost of living is very high. This would be fine if NJ actually offered a good quality of living, but it does not. The weather is miserable most of the time, the shore is nice enough for the eight weeks per year you can use it, and there was ever anything we enjoyed doing. So basically, we were broke only to live somewhere we weren't getting the most out of life. Maybe it was just our town ( Sewell,Washington Township), but I found many of the people to be cold, competitive and unfriendly. I wasn't raised to be competitive and opportunistic. I come from a warm and loving family, but warmth and kindness are not the norm where we were living. When I lived in NJ I found I never enjoyed the company I was in. After living here in Vegas for a year I can note some of the differences,etc. The rent here is basically half of what it was in NJ, there is never a shortage of things to do. Neither of us are drinkers or gamblers either. There's always concerts at the hotel pools, hiking, very scenic nature, shows for everyone, and lots of free stuff to do as well. The arts here, are very big. People back east were sports obsessed and I was so $&?!'&@ tired of hearing people rant and rave about the eagles and the giants as though they were on the payroll. Another big draw for me is The fast paced competitiveness of back east doesn't seem to be nearly as present here. Most of our neighbors talk to us. One of the the best things is that the sun shines here about 300 days per year. We have seasons but the winter is much milder and mostly sunny. I don't know if well always live here, but I never want to live in the northeast again. I couldn't wait to get away from the whole energy of that place. That's another thing, Las Vegas has a nice vibe. Just research your neighborhoods before moving, because life anywhere else there are some not so hot spots that look deceptively normal! If you love the cold weather, fast paced life, and all of that then you may not like it here esp. In the summer because , specifically in July...omg is it HOT! However, if you're more like us, you may like living here. It really depends on the person.[read more...]

Jack
Las Vegas Pros and Cons - 7/30/2014

Pros: Cheap cost of living, especially compared to large cities in America Tons of great food, every different variety you can think of 24/7 shopping and entertainment Gambling The Las Vegas strip Lots of popular music artists frequently visit and perform here Cons: The weather sucks in the summer. It's way too hot, although at least it's not humid. Public transportation has gotten a lot better recently but still sucks overall. You can't live in Vegas without a car. [read more...]

Nancy
Great Eating - 7/7/2014

Las Vegas is loaded with great restaurants and not just on the strip. There is something for every taste (and budget) and the competition keeps the prices in line![read more...]

Liz
Tampa to Las Vegas - 5/31/2014

Las Vegas is hot!! But besides the climate, I really enjoy living in the South West area (Mountain Edge Community) The houses are newer, there are stores and restaurants everywhere. I most importantly love the newer schools. My children love their new school here compared to the East Coast. The crime here is mostly over by the strip and Northern part of Las Vegas. I haven't experienced anything negative, expect for that I'm starting to notice more people moving down into this area. The streets get a bit overcrowded during the afternoon. I'm currently renting a 4 br home for $1,200 and well worth it. The only thing I really have an issue with is the heat. This heat is extreme and although there isn't much humidity the wind carries the heat. It almost feels as if you have a blow dryer on your face. You have to be careful when you take the children outside and base your outdoor outings on the weather channel. When it gets cold its freaking cold!!! It can snow here and the wind chill is bitter cold. I'll be here for a couple of years, my next home will be with a pool. Good Luck to anyone moving here..

on line abortion pill buy cytotec for 24 week abortion order abortion pill

judy
crimes - 4/30/2014

I have lived in Vegas for 5 yrs now and yes it has a lot of crimes and it's worst closer to strip police do not have control over anything I don't recommend it here unless you are single with no children [read more...]

Corina
Not a great place to raise kids. - 3/25/2014

I moved to Las Vegas 20 years ago from Southern Califorina and have been trying to get out of here for the past 10 years. Don't get me wrong Las Vegas is a great place to live if you are single and don't have a family (kids) not a better place to be if you are into the night life thing. As far as myself my family and I are searching for the slower more quiet life, vegas is not the place for that. Housing costs are very low here and the job market is steady so good if that matters most. But our education system is one of the worst in the country and we have very limited family oriented recreation here unless you have the money to blow every weekend like most of us dont. If the slower family life is what you seak Vegas is not your place but if the faster pace bright lights 24 hour town is your thing you will love it. More culinary options than anywhere in the world and the best night life anywhere. If you are thinking about Las Vegas as your place to be Good Luck to you![read more...]

agift4u56
Littleton, CO
Las Vegas for Health - 1/2/2014

Have Meniers and need better barometric pressure. How is NV for Senior housing and health?[read more...]

Charlie
Henderson, NV
Hot Las Vegas - 12/22/2013

This place makes one not want to go to hell. It's super hot.[read more...]

Jill
Las Vegas is a wonderful place to live! - 12/11/2013

Warm weather almost all year round, always something fun and enjoyable to do, culture and arts, 24 hours a day you can get what you need, beautiful hiking trails, Lake Mead, Shows and entertainment. I can keep going!!!

on line abortion pill read here order abortion pill

J
North Las Vegas, NV
Housing market - 10/1/2013

Be careful! Las Vegas went through an amazing growth spurt in the last 15 years, and homes went up all over the valley. Many people bought homes when the banks had lowered their lending parameters, and I see them caught either in a mortgage they can no longer afford, in a home that is worth hardly half what it was when it was purchased, or both. (Believe me, it is very frustrating to know people who are going out there now and buying larger, newer homes than mine for a great deal less now.) The result of this is an abundance of foreclosures and short sale homes. I have seen my neighborhood go from a nice, quiet, family friendly group of homes to half-empty, semi-neglected rentals. This has created an increase in all of the negative things I was trying to avoid by buying far from the city center. I like my home very much, but I would hate to have to add my cozy oasis to the growing number of empty homes in the area because of the unsafe influences that are creeping in. [read more...]

keen
Overall living - 8/21/2013

Employment sucks! Don't get me wrong. I work and go too school. In general speaking, everything sucks in Vegas. People, their bogus laws, Human rights are violated on so many levels....etc. The list goes on! I can tell you about all the negative that goes on in this city. I guess you can say, they really deserve the name "Sin City" Right now, I am facing an issue at work. Been living in Vegas for the past 12 years and working on the 13th year. Ask me how do I like it? I stopped liking Vegas after the 5th year. Why I stayed in Vegas and continued to deal with the Bogus? My Employment, college and husbands employment. Am I thinking of moving? MOST DEFINITELY! I have only one thing to say positive about Vegas. They don't have any State taxes and only Federal taxes. Aside from that, everything else is negative! You can feel the devil raining his parade in this city. The vibe is not good. Overall, I dislike Vegas![read more...]

Rico
Henderson, NV
TOO HOT! - 6/14/2013

40% of the residents leave Las Vegas May 1 and return Sept 1 because it is so stinking HOT!!! Unless you like sitting in a Casino in air conditioning for 5 months don't move here![read more...]

Next >>