Select a New Section:

Comments

Before moving to Vegas, go check the health care s - 4/10/2016
If you consider moving to Vegas, go first to a medical facility there and you'll understand ....

Las wages - 4/8/2016
Born and raised in Las Vegas. 37 yrs.old

In this Glittering Concrete Hole, that I call Home. My home brings confusion. Anxiety lingers, filled with my Regrettable Past.
In this Glittering Concrete hole, my home.
Loneliness fills this place, whether it's to be Wanted or left Alone.
It has my hopes and dreams all wrapped up in my Failures and mistakes.
In this Glittering Concrete hole. I call Home
The Heat is unbearable, the Lights are intended to entice, in between every church on a corner, you will find a lost soul.
In this Glittering Concrete hole.. She will give
You hope in its Dancing lights, all wrapped up with a little, drunkenness, brokenness and bitterness .
In this Glittering Concrete hole

This is NO place to live! - 4/2/2016
Was there for less than two months. This was a mistake and I won't be back. It was more than likely the bad roommate that lied to me about everything - no cable, no internet, this was a rooming house. This person didn't say this was a rooming house. I was the only female with four other males. All either on drugs, alcohol, warrants or gambling. I know, next time, I will look better. This things lied every step of the way. Don't expect any assistance from the police. Unless there is a body, they won't respond! I don't think the landlord was even here legally. I'm sure Las Vegas is beautiful, just not for me!

Don't do it!! - 11/17/2015
Don't move to this city unless you enjoy crime 24/7 and constantly worrying about your house getting broken into. We lived in a "nicer" part of the city and my doors were always locked and gun was always loaded. This city truly is a hellhole and you couldn't pay me to move back there.

Las Vegas Living - 10/4/2015
Hello, I have been living in Las Vegas since 1985. I have seen this city grow and continue to grow. I like it here because of there's so much you can do. My kids love it here and will not move anywhere else. I wish it stays this way forever.

lack o f AOG Churches - 9/19/2015
Assembly of God
The true old fashioned Assembly of God Churches do not exist in Las Vegas like the do in Southern California. We are moving out of town and I will once again will be able to worship in a true AOG . Praise the Lord !

Weather - 8/30/2015
Summer can be brutally hot. The other three seasons are pleasant.

weather - 7/21/2015
Summer is as HOT as the bowels of HADES. Within the last ten years or so the heat has steadily segued into November after getting an early start in May.
However, if you are done with ice and snow, this is your place. Now, if you were a Thanksgiving turkey, done to a turn with moist heat or choosing the dry heat would be moot as either way you are cooked. Oh yes, it is dry. Buy stock in skin products.

Living Las Vegas - 5/14/2015
I lived in LV for 3 years and really loved, coming from NY, the peace and quiet living plus the hot weather made me happy. I am looking forward to go back. I was recommend Southwest for residence.

Moving to LV - 5/12/2015
Every time I hear Steve Wynn on the news complaining there is no real economic recovery, I know his LV profits had tanked again..Save the LV strip designed for tourists and bunch of caged golf course communities around the suburbs, the rest is a mostly filthy, beggar sprinkled desert metropolis.Half of the retail stores are empty premisses.The real estate market is as speculative as a Russian roulette dice chuck.Nevada State is broke and is desperate to fund itself through issuing traffic citations.Definitely not a good place to grow a family. June through September is over 100F and the air pollution tops 10 in the country.LV huge water problem seems to be looming on the horizon and the outdated spaghetti bowl highway interchange is jam crammed with traffic as ever.Most of North LV between Rainbow&Graig is a famous no go area for tourists and newcomers too.But shoving all this under the rug the rest is all great and your Mega Bucks Jack Pot is waiting for you.

Nice to visit once, not to live there ever - 5/10/2015
Las Vegas has changed forever since the invention of the online,Indian and Macao casinos.Save the outdated Strip, there is little else to see.Half of the city retail is dead, its filthy, crime is rampant,at around 8am and 3pm the city traffic crams into this insane outdated spaghetti bowl interchange freeway.June through September is over 100F.The bunch of suburban golden cage communities with its golf courses stick as sore thumbs around town,reminding me of the Panama City expat camps.Fly over is highly recommended.

I LOVE LAS VEGAS - 12/3/2014
I absolutely adore this magnificent city and have lived here for the majority of my life. The suburbs are beautiful and most of the people I meet are very kind. The restaurants are incredible and rival both New York City and Paris. The shopping is world class. The shows are world class. Many of the homes in the affluent suburbs are beautiful. I highly recommend Las Vegas!

Word of Life Christian Academy Pre-school - 12/2/2014
I read a poor review regarding Word of Life Christian Academy Pre-school. That person must of been anger about something, because that pre-school is AWESOME! The pre-school director has been there over 10 years. She can't be that bad. Just visit the school for yourself. Don't trust the reviews, however, most of them are positive ones. And no way is the school all about money, it is one of the cheaper schools in the city. Make sure you read the dates on these reviews because it is 2014 people and that school has really grown!!!

Las Vegas, A Personal View - 11/30/2014
I've lived here for 15 years. I've found that Las Vegas has a lot to offer. The cost of living is reasonable, housing is affordable, and there is always something to do either in Las Vegas or the surrounding areas. You can generally get a buffet for less than $10. There are free concerts, plays, and shows. There are free magazines that will show you where they are and when. As far as employment, it's about par with the nation. There are many agencies to help you through the tough times. My only complaint is the summer heat.

Not a nice place to live - 11/17/2014
I have lived here for almost 8 years and hate it. The only thing keeping me here is the low cost of living.
My biggest gripes are the sketchy people ,climate, and crime. My husband and I live in a condo in Summerlin, which is one of the nicest areas. Our neighbor was just evicted for conducting a Meth lab. My husband and I recently took a vacation to Utah and were amazed at how normal and nice everyone seemed. I did not want to come back to drug addicts, purple hair and criminals.
Summers are HOT!!! Unbearable. What's really disapointing is I look forward to the fall and spring mild temperatures but it is ruined by wind!
Crime is out of control. I drove to the east side of town and noticed lots of police activity. We have had numerous problems in our complex and police are too slow to respond, if they respond at all. I guess they are overloaded with calls!
Home prices are very low compared to other states. So, once you buy property here, it will be difficult to find a comparable home in other states if you decide Vegas is not for you.
The lure of the strip, attracted my husband and I to move to Vegas. Ironically it's the crime and corruption of living near the strip that is driving us out!

Compare Las_Vegas, Nevada to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: