Reviews for Dallas  based on 214 Reviews

Get to know Dallas with the latest comments and reviews from people who live in or have visited Dallas

DFW is my kind of place but probably not for all - 7/30/2018
Every time I've visited Dallas/Ft. Worth (mainly for work) I've been impressed. People are pretty straightforward and direct and there's not a lot of BS in the workplace which I like. People here work hard so it seems.

Dallas itself is HUGE. Did some biking using Lime app and it's surprisingly bike friendly with bike lanes and trails. Neighborhoods are diverse - went out with a buddy and we lyfted to different bars and it felt like I was in video game. Ft. Worth is like a whole separate city but the downtown area was pretty nice too.

Food here is great as well. You can have your country grit eating breakfast followed by Japanese BBQ for dinner. Really impressive restaurant and bar scene here. Breweries are cropping up everywhere.

Cons would include some very bad gridlock traffic. Not like Los Angeles but just massive slowdowns during rush hour. I haven't witnessed snobbery here too much but if there is a place for it that would be Uptown. It's Read More

Start Your Review of Dallas

Much better locations in USA - 7/9/2018
Funny listening to these good ole Texas boys defend the dang city that they and their families hale from. Dallas is a SEGREGATED city of haves and have nots. Not a community oriented place.

DFW is NOT a pleasant place to live.

Cons:
*Weather
*Boring ass conservative politics - granted the women are beautiful there but don’t expect to get any reciprocal love without first shelling out some cash$$$$
*Lack of social programs
*TRAFFIC
*Pretentious jerks
*TRAFFIC
*Lots of proselytizing and in your face religious fanaticism
*Overrated economy
*Underestimated cost of living (food, car maintenance - in some cities drive 5 miles and you’ve traversed the city, DFW you’re still in uptown/highland park, lack of free public activities)
*TRAFFIC with car-obsessed elitist philistine jerks (“30k millionaire”)
*Hard to make friends - you have to drive an hour just to see them
*No accommodating public Read More

Not Top 10 but good enough and close - 6/6/2018
I'm a native Texas boy, home grown and have family all across the state.

Hell, I went to school in Dallas... the "well known" one...take a guess where?

And while I cherish my time in Dallas and education, there are better cities in the country.

I do however miss Uptown Dallas and Knox-Henderson... Especially as those are both so close to each other and urban/walkable lol. But compared to other cities in the country, it's not anything "special" lol.

I miss the suburbs and have many, many, MANY very very CLOSE ties in the North Dallas suburbs.

People who complain about Dallas don't realize that it's a city that is "big enough" to where you will have all the big city amenities that you want. But it's not like "first/top tier" in the country. But it's 'good enough'.

Listen, it could be worse... and I would know lol. I've lived in much worse lol

But that shouldn't discourage one from coming to Read More

Not Perfect, could be worse - 6/4/2018
Listen, I'm a "hometown boy" so ill always defend Dallas and the other major 3 Texas cities

Dallas is NOT a "top tier" city, it is a SECOND tier city

Here are some BETTER cities:
New York, Los Angelos, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Minneapolis, Boston, Washington DC/NOVA, Atlanta

But it is a VERY good "alternative"

If you wanna live in a "better" (subjective) city, go to one of those... but ALSO realize you have to deal with MUCH HIGHER Cost of Living and/or worse weather (Minneapolis lol)

Dallas has it's faults but it could be MUCH MUCH worse. It has all the big city amenities, diversity in entertainment and populace that you could want in a city. Obviously, outside of Uptown/West End/Deep Ellum, it isn't a very "walkable" city... but damn it could be MUCH WORSE lol

It's a very COMPETITVE city too for being second tier. That said... Houston and Austin are great nearby options.

Could be Worse, alwayPushes yos "home" - 6/4/2018
Dallas is NOT a perfect city... it's a SECOND TIER city in the country

Let me be objective and give you the NEGATIVES first:
- HORRIBLE summers lol, you'll be sweating your ass off from June to September
- not very "GREEN" it's a lot of concrete outside of the suburbs and North Dallas and heading towards Fort Worth
- VERY, VERY pretentious... well certain parts can be... and being a part of the elite/upper classs it does get annoying with a lot of your "30k millionaires' running around

POSITIVES:
- it could be much worse
- very progressive YET conservative at the same time
- Uptown is becoming much, much more "urban" than it was just ~10-15 years ago
- very lively social scene due to the variety of neighborhoods
-very much a WORK HARD, PLAY HARD environment... you will get "eaten alive" if you're not keeping up
- an environment that FORCES YOU to "push yourself" whch brings out the best in you
- the Read More

Dallas never felt like home - 5/25/2018
I moved to Dallas because of the variety of work and higher salaries than I experienced in Denver. Dallas gave me many firsts:

After an interview with a recruiter, she asked me to pile on make-up, because that's how it's done in Texas. (Whereas in CO, I was told I wore too much make-up. smh)

Had my car totaled from a brutal hail storm.

Feared for my life getting on/traveling all freeways. Worse drivers than Los Angeles. Horrible traffic.

Materialistic populace.

Had a doctor tell me I should pray for answers.

First date started quoting scripture from his favorite Sunday minister, although he told me he wasn't religious. Then told me I was going to hell for not believing in the bible.

Strip clubs let you bring your own alcohol, but you must pay for your own ice buckets. Uh, ok.

Company I worked for went out of business and then when I went to collect unemployment, they claimed Read More

Dallas would be a great case study... - 5/15/2018
Dallas would be a great case study for anthropologists. A Rule book on how not to create a great society.

Innate tribalism is very apparent in D. Very self absorbed. All about me, me, me and my tribe. If you are not part of tribe you are looked at with suspicion.

Materialistic, innate desire of breeding and doing what you’re told are also common traits. A city of followers. Park Cities is possibly the epicenter of this. It is both comical and disturbing at the same time. They seem very suspicious of people that are not part of their tribe. They seem to even feed on it.

Others have commented how racist it is. I would add that this is from all sides. Whites are certainly not the only ones guilty of this. All sides seem to feed off of each other's racism.

It is also a very sexist city. Again both sides seem equally culpable of this. Overlying both of these is a strong xenophobic mentality. Have heard said many times that Read More

Dallas is an Amazing City! - 4/22/2018
Reading the previous reviews of Dallas, TX made me laugh and made me want to write my own review.
I am from California, specifically Los Angeles, and I made the move to Dallas two years ago. This was one of the best decisions of my life, and I thought my perspective may give a more balanced perspective as to what life is like here in Dallas.
A lot of Dallasites complain about the traffic. This is honestly laughable as I have come from California where real traffic problems exist. Traffic slows down to 35 miles per hour on the freeway for a mile or so, and you'd think the world was ending for them. I would like to see these folks sit through 5pm commute traffic on the 10 in LA, and maybe it would seem the traffic here is not bad at all, for a city.
Having lived in California for the majority of my life, I worried that Dallas would not have the city amenities I have been used to finding. I can honestly say- that with the exception of the beach - there is every Read More

Dallas is overrated - 3/15/2018
I lived in Dallas for almost 10 years. I'm from Florida. Dallas is a good place to explore dining options and for work experience, but that's it. Like one reviewer said, come to Dallas to gain valuable work experience and move on. Once you've been to the Fair, A Cowboys game, Rangers, Mavs or a hockey game, you've done it all. A city is what you make it. All cities have its pros and cons, but I prefer the East Coast. People are a lot more friendlier in Florida. Dallas is a tough place to date and build meaningful friendships. It is true, people in Dallas are very materialistic. Dallas reminds me of Atlanta, just much bigger. Wish I had moved to Houston instead of Dallas, but I don't think Houston would have been any better. You like what you like and I'm a Florida girl. I'm back in Florida now and this is where I will stay. Because of the valuable work experience I obtained in Dallas, I have a good paying job in Florida. I will travel to Dallas for weekend getaways, but I going Read More

Cultural wasteland - 3/8/2018
Moved to DFW in 2011 with the intention of setting here for good. Dallas Fort Worth has a great business environment, better weather than Chicago, and a lower cost of living. Many big companies like Toyota, Liberty Mutual and Jamba Juice have relocated their headquarters here, causing very rapid growth.

As other reviewers have said, there is not much to do apart from shopping and eating. There is world class art in Dallas' museums but the latter are strangely empty. Good restaurants are not concentrated in any one area but in several. It does not help that the city is very sprawly and getting anywhere requires planning pretty much a half-day trip.

Add to that the lack of public transportation -- DART only goes so far, so everyone is in a car, causing constant gridlock -- and you've got a recipe for insularity.

Given the sprawliness and the lack of public transportation, urban development tends to concentrate on building out each sub-region. Read More

COMPARE CITY TO CITY
Compare Dallas, Texas to any other place in the USA.

MAPS OF DALLAS, TEXAS
Check out the latest Maps in a variety of categories including cost of living, population, and commute time.Dallas,Texas Map
ZIP CODES IN DALLAS, TEXAS