Select a Section

Waco

Start Your Review of Waco, TX

7/24/2017
Janice Rounsville
Waco is on my wish list to move to. Weather is comparable to So. California. Beautiful place.

10/10/2016
Welcome to Waco
Waco has much to offer regardless of age or income.
Relocate to Waco.

8/12/2016
Nyc to waco
Moving from new york city to waco with a 3 year old. Any input abt the city ll be greatly appreciated.

Looking to relocate?
The truth is I never thought I would ever live in Waco, TX. I would say this city is more family orientated. Housing is very affordable and one can get a really nice new home for 110k depending where you are looking. A slamming home above 150k (as they say back home)you even can get a foreclosed home at 60k depending location, but sometimes renovation is needed. Lets face it as like everywhere you have your bad and good areas. You definitely get more for your buck here and gas is relatively cheaper than the bigger cities. Restaurant's in general you get a lot for your money and there very good ones, for me the only drawback is the variety (Indian, Cuban, Colombian and so on). From my experience people are friendlier and courteous especially to seniors. Every now and then you'll get a knuckle head but it is rare. My parents relocate to Houston TX in 96 I'm the only son, so my duty is to care for them and I am SO Glad they picked TEXAS. The biggest plus is when you are over 65 you get a HUGE tax break on your home. My parents had a home 2800 sqft only paid $1,200 in taxes every year. If this were in NYC forget about it. Thanks for reading.
PS. I does get HOT in Summer June-Sept so AC is a must!!

Looking to relocate?
The truth is I never thought I would ever live in Waco, Tx. I would say this city is more family orientated. Housing is very afordable and one can get a really nice new home for 110k depending where you are looking. A slamimg home above 150k (as they say back home)you even can get a foreclosed home at 60k depending location, but sometimes renovation is needed. Lets face it as like everywhere you have your bad and good areas. You defintely get more for your buck here and gas is relatively cheaper than the bigger cities. Restuarants in general you get a lot for your money and there very good ones, for me the only drawback is the variety (Indian, Cuban, Colombian and so on). From my experience people are friendlier and courteous especially to seniors. Every now and then you'll get a knuckle head but it is rare. My parents relocate to Houston TX in 96 I'm the only son, so my duty is to care for them and I am SO Glad they picked TEXAS. The biggest plus is when you are over 65 you get a HUGE tax break on your home. My parents had a home 2800sqft only paid $1,200 in taxes every year. If this were in NYC forget about it. Thanks for reading.
PS. It does get HOT here in months June- Sept. so A/C is a must

9/23/2013
BUYING A HOME IN THE WACO AREA? NEED SOME HELP F

Buying a home in the Waco area? (40 mile radius from downtown Waco) Is the home you're interested in, but have not yet bought, in the perfect location for you: close to your job, near a great school for your children, but sadly that's all you love about your potential home? The home (interior & exterior) has problems. . . .. . .a closed-off layout that doesn't flow properly. . .. . .rooms that are way too small & need to be combined with an adjoining space. . .. . . an exterior that lacks curb appeal. The house has serious faults, yet you're still thinking of buying this flawed house. Why???? Because you absolutely love the location!!! So what do you do when you might buy the wrong house that's in the right location?

We have your answer! Fixer Upper, a new HGTV series, brings our remodeling, design & real estate pros in to help you figure out exactly why you should buy this home you're not quite sure of -- and then help you fix it! With our experts' vision, we'll help you renovate and design the deal killers so that it becomes the right house in the right location!!

Homeowners MUST financially contribute to the renovation.

Please contact Tina at rightlocationcasting@highnoontv.com for more info.

1/15/2012
living in waco
Waco is very conservative, in terms of social and other issues, which is fine. It is generally a great place to live, but the wages, in my view, tend to be somewhat low. But, so are taxes and housing prices.

11/29/2011
Texas - Born and Raised in So. Cal but happy to li
I find that people with this type of attitude will bring it wherever they live. It is best if the previous writer moves back to California, as they are the type we were glad to leave behind when we moved from Southern California 10 years ago! The people in Texas are far friendlier than in Southern or Northern California and the pay in the Southwest is unmatched in the medical field- two reasons we moved here and continue to reside in the central Texas area. We get to visit California yearly, which is great for shopping but we have NEVER wished to move back (even though we were born and raised in CA). The topography may be lacking in this area and the heat challenging at times but one acclimates. We get to the beach each year and ski in NM or Colorado each winter. However, for the cost of living this area is fantastic. When we lived 4 miles from Newport Beach, Ca, we rarely enjoyed it because of having to work enormous amounts of time each week to afford the cost of living. Here we have a 10 acre lot with a home, which cost $160,000! A great tree lined neighborhood, great friends, and excellent school system. We also own a second home and easily make both mortgages and upkeep due to the excellent pay received. But the most valuable attribute is the people and the family values shared in this state. We found this so refreshing! Anyone can be miserable anywhere but one must participate to the fullest in life and choose happiness. We found this an easy task in Texas!

5/4/2011
Stay away
If you have children, RUN! don't walk away from this town! This town is the biggest Meth producing than any town on earth!

2/1/2009
Baylor
Baylor University is in Waco Texas, it is one of the best university in Texas.

3/4/2008
Quality of Life in Waco, Texas: A Personal Judgme
In general, the population is not that aware of the 'outside world'. I find the overall lack of interest in traveling the world and seeing all that there is to see absolutely unreal! There is a need for tolerance of religions other than Southern Baptist. Being a woman in a 'man's field' is also difficult in this town.

I find the housing to be over-priced for what you get. Coming from New York City I know how expensive housing can be, but Waco is really not the type of town that can support housing in the $500,000+ range. Yet, according to one prominent builder in town, that is the price range most builders are putting there time, money, and man-power into.

There is a medium sized airport in Waco and from there one can get to Dallas and from Dallas you have the world at your doorstep. In general, I find the population uninterested in traveling to various places around the world or hearing about your latest trip abroad.

Waco is not a unappealing place to live by any means. It has its good points as well. Families with small children seem to have many outside activities to choose from. There is a small, yet very interesting, zoo in town as well. I have been very happy in my home with wonderful neighbors. Many new people to Waco move here and love it! It all depends on what you need to meet your own needs.

4/14/2007
Waco, Texas
Waco has exceedingly hot summers with basically two seasons, summer and spring/fall. It has a small town, conservative atmosphere, often with a "head in the sand" attitude to some very real social problems. It's a fine place for children, but is very lacking in entertainment,cultural pursuits and cultural interaction for adults. There are a few bright spots - the beautiful, if underused Cameron Park, the Cameron Park Zoo and the Mayborn Museum.

2/21/2007
The skies at night are big and bright
If you like it warm, breathtaking sunrises and beautiful night skies this is the place for you. It's only lower than 30 degrees about twenty days a year here and that's only in the A.M. After March you're good to the month of December. Get's really hot in July and August!

9/27/2006
OK community
It's is like a "big" small town. Easy to get around, but limited to "local" activities. It is only 100 miles to Dallas or Austin, but for a single person or a mature couple that wishes to participate in activites like culture, entertainment and even restaurants, it is very limited. A wonderful place to raise a family

1 2

Compare Waco, Texas to any other place in the USA.
Select a Section