VERY, VERY, VERY underrated
I absolutely LOVE this city!
And would put this in my Top 10 cities in the country easily...
- Los Angelos
- Washington DC
- San Francisco
- One of the Texas top 3 (would be LAST)
*Again, that list is no particular order and I am a "Texas native".... so i am a little "biased" towards the Texas cities but
I absolutely love Minneapolis
- INTENSE, deathly winters... they are VERY, VERY intense here! I own a newer convertible and don't drive that one up when I am in Minneapolis winters because it simply will NOT survive! The coldest winters in the country BAR NONE!!
- "In or you're out" type mentality... I will get to this later
- Can be a pretty expensive city with all the taxes and having to pay/prepare for winter weather.
- amazing live music scene
- excellent location for if you wanna travel to other states to see family
- very good, DISTINCT neighborhoods
- very, very Urban and incredible architecture
- always something going on
So the big negative I hear from most others is of the "Minnesota (N)Ice"... Well honestly, it's an "in or you're out" type of thing. Minnesota is OBVIOUSLY heavily Scandinavian lol. So they will either "accept you" out the bat or dislike you and you can generally tell.
An example was, on my VERY FIRST day in Minneapolis I was invited to someone's house to watch a ballgame. I've heard different stories, but my experiences have always been VERY, VERY positive actually with Minneapolis and Minnesota as a whole. Also I am NOT a Vikings or Twins fan so that is also suprising. But I have always been "in". I missed my time going ice fishing, to Twins games(not a fan of them), going boating, hiking, etc. It's definitely a pretty "exclusive" culture, but once you're "in" they are your friends for life. That's just the culture there.
So what that means is... you will either be "in" and have the time of your life and have made the BEST DECISION of your LIFE. Or it will suck... lol
I'm white btw.
Justin | Nashville, TN