St. Petersburg, FL is a great place to live due to its affordable rent and grocery costs. The average 2 bedroom rent in St. Petersburg, FL is $1,760 compared to the US average of $1,430. Grocery costs in St. Petersburg, FL are also more affordable with an index of 105 compared to an index of 100 in the US.
The city of St. Petersburg has something for everyone when it comes to activities and shopping. The city center boasts a number of independent shops and restaurants such as Toasted Grilled Cheese Bar, The Bodega on Central Avenue and The Getaway Bar & Arcade. There are plenty of cultural attractions such as the Dali Museum, Great Explorations Children's Museum and Sunken Gardens that visitors can explore. Additionally locals can take advantage of local businesses such as The Body Electric Yoga Company, Cycle Brewing Co., SubZero Nitrogen Ice Cream or Escape Room Adventures. With so much to offer residents can easily find ways to stay entertained without breaking the bank!
St. Petersburg has an unemployment rate of 4.6%. The US average is 6.0%.
St. Petersburg has seen the job market increase by 2.3% over the last year. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 42.0%, which is higher than the US average of 33.5%.
Tax Rates for St. Petersburg
- The Sales Tax Rate for St. Petersburg is 7.0%. The US average is 7.3%.
- The Income Tax Rate for St. Petersburg is 0.0%. The US average is 4.6%.
- Tax Rates can have a big impact when Comparing Cost of Living.
Income and Salaries for St. Petersburg
- The average income of a St. Petersburg resident is $28,670 a year. The US average is $28,555 a year.
- The Median household income of a St. Petersburg resident is $64,375 a year. The US average is $69,021 a year.