Could’ve been something but took a bad turn.
Lived in Oregon for 29 years, Portland for 3. Early on, the homeless problem was prevalent but not overwhelming but seems to have skyrocketed in the past few years. Obviously COVID has affected things a lot, but Portland has exceptionally bad. Portland was very up and coming 2 years or so before COVID. And this review would be very different. But these are the factors bringing it down heavily:
- Homelessness out of control
- Crazy rate of increase in housing costs
- Graffiti EVERYWHERE. Not over exaggerating at all.
- As a moderate, I understand a progressive society is a healthy one, but this is getting to be absurd and it’s not helping. There are no protests, they are riots.
- Crime growth across the board, noticeably so in higher income areas as well.
There’s potential, but it has huge hurdles to overcome. Read More